The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

What a turn around for Chelsea - 2 goals in 2 minutes - leading  2-1 now.

T Fearon

Thye have Baird the turd to thank for handing it to Drogba on a plate.

ross4life

after watching another lucky Chelsea win, i have decided to make a prediction on the 2009/10 premier league winners

in 2008/9 united won title with 90pts
in 2007/8 united won title with 87pts
in 2006/7 united won title with 89pts
in 2005/6 Chelsea won title with 91pts
in 2004/5 chelsea won title with 95pts
in 2003/4 Arsenal won title with 90pts

this season the winners will only need 80pts to be crowned champions
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

ross4life

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ross4life on December 28, 2009, 06:45:54 PM
after watching another lucky Chelsea win, i have decided to make a prediction on the 2009/10 premier league winners

The standard of the league this year is really poor IMO. The two best teams are Chelsea and Man U and even they are not that great.

Don't think the likes of Villa, Man City or Spurs have got that much better really but the top teams have definitely gone backwards.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 28, 2009, 08:02:18 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 28, 2009, 06:45:54 PM

The standard of the league this year is really poor IMO. The two best teams are Chelsea and Man U and even they are not that great.

Don't think the likes of Villa, Man City or Spurs have got that much better really but the top teams have definitely gone backwards.

While I would agree that the standard of the teams have gone down it makes much more exciting viewing for a neutral like me.  So much to play for at the moment!

Archie Mitchell

Chelsea virtually debt free now.

Chelsea Football Club now 'virtually debt-free'

Chelsea Football Club has said it is now "virtually debt-free".

The company made the announcement along with its full-year results. It said it had turned almost all its debt into equity.

The debt was an interest-free loan of £340m ($537m) from its parent company, which is controlled by wealthy Russian Roman Abramovich.

Chelsea also announced reduced losses for the fourth year in a row. Losses fell to £44.4m ($70m) from £65.7m.

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said: "The club's debt load has been reduced almost to nil in order to provide more long-term stability for the club. It will also enable the club to comply with any regulations on debt levels which are being discussed by the football community."

'Disciplined management'

Chelsea needs to be debt-free to comply with future Uefa rules. Uefa's president, Michel Platini, wants to ban clubs from the lucrative Champions League after 2012 unless they break even on football-related business.

The club said that "disciplined management" of capital expenditure had reduced the cash spend from £107.4m to £16.9m.

It added that revenues remained stable despite the economic climate, reflecting the strength of the team, its continued success and the attractiveness of the FA Premier League "allied with the continued allegiance of our fans and commercial partners".

Net capital expenditure fell from £85.1m to £4.2m following the completion of major capital projects such as the training centre at Cobham.

The results include exceptional items of £12.6m related to compensation payments to a first team manager and three coaching staff.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8434698.stm

Norf Tyrone

I haven't really had time to look at these properly but with a very untrained accounting eye.

* Cash spend down from 107m to 17m.
* Net capital expenditure down from 85m to 4m.

Based on that I am surprised that the losses still stand at 44m?

As I say though, I know fake all about finances and have only skimmed over these.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Big whispers of Heskey coming to Chelsea this morning. That'll be an interesting one. I'd see him very much as a Drogba-lite.

FA Cup 3rd day today, and after one of the most uninspiring 3rd rounds that I can remember, with not a shock in sight, the law of averages suggests something has to happen.

Obviously Chelsea should be too strong for Watford, but only if Ancellotti's mind set is right. Please God can he ditch the diamond, as he has hinted the last few days, and go 4-3-3. If I was selecting today, I'd go for....

Cech

Ferreria        Terry   Carvalho     Ashley C

Belletti

Lamps       Ballack

Kakuta             Anelka              Zhirkov

Subs: Hillario, Joe Cole, Sturridge, Alex, Borini, Matic, Malouda

It gives Ivanovic the day off, and allows Alex a week to recover for the Hull game next Saturday. If things are going wrong Joe Cole, Sturridge, Borini, Malouda etc can be sprung, and if it's going right, Alex to get 30 minutes, and Matic and Borini to get some game time.

Norf Tyrone

I know it was an abysmal Watford, but apparently Chelsea attacked in waves. Width equals five goals.

Game time for Borini, Kakuta and Auto as well, which is exactly what they need.

Away to PNE next, and there is history there! Last time Chelsea went there, one of their fans was killed in a bit of trouble! Hopefully at bygones stage now.

Norf Tyrone

Ivory Coast lose this Friday, and Drogba could be on the way home! Total games missed. One. It's unlikely though.