The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Sturridge looks "a handful", if that isn't too big a cliche.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Usually you'd look at the fixture list a few weeks back, and see today's game as 'three points'. However the Blues are on top form, and not the Cockney version!

I'd love to see the diamond ditched today, but it's not going to happen.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

What a 'crazy' season this is sport's fans!

Another frustrating day at the office again today. I can't make up my mind if this was a much better performance, and we (And I'll f**king say we if I want) were unlucky, or if we struggled again. I think the answer lies somewhere in between.

Stats that has us with an amazing 30 shots on target suggests that we pummelled Birmingham, and for parts of the game we did. Also guilty of some terrible misses, Malouda, and Sturridge the obvious ones. However I also thought that we flattered to deceive a wee bit. Lampard continues to misfire, and Drogba has definately lost his touch over the last game or two.

I think if some fancy football scientist runs the game through the computer the problems are obvious- alas not to Ancellotti. Only once did Chelsea get to the bye line, and that was via sub Kalou in or around the 80th minute.

The entire play is being played 15 yards in from each sideline, with the net affect that teams like Birmingham can strangle the play, and people like Lampard have no space to operate. As such despite 30 shots, a lot of them were desperate attempts. Credit to Joe Hart who made 3 or 4 great stops, but he should still have been picking the ball out of the net at some point in the game.

It's the pesky neighbours on Monday, and with the pack now at our heels, a must win.

I'd love to see 4-3-3.

Cech

Ivanovic        Terry        Alex         Ashley

Mikel

Lamps      Ballack

Joe Cole/ Kakuta                  Zhirkov

Drogba

Minder

Youse would need to get your f**king finger out, the Goons are chasing hard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

I always thought Sturridge was a good player, he obviously isn't getting the game time he hoped he would get when he left City. Still a great player though.

nrico2006

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 27, 2009, 04:26:05 AM
I always thought Sturridge was a good player, he obviously isn't getting the game time he hoped he would get when he left City. Still a great player though.

How the hell can Sturridge be classed as a great player?  It just gets better.  I can't see how people are so certain that Chelsea will win the league this year, their form isn't good and United will be there come May.  Arsenal won't win the league.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Archie Mitchell

He's a great player because he's better than me, you and everyone else on here. He also must be a great player if City signed him when he was 16 and put him straight into the 1st team squad and Chelsea have been trying to sign him since he was 14. I have followed his career closely as he was at City, and seen what he achieved. That's what makes him a great player!

And yes, Chelsea WILL win the league!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 27, 2009, 10:08:07 AM

How the hell can Sturridge be classed as a great player?  It just gets better.  I can't see how people are so certain that Chelsea will win the league this year, their form isn't good and United will be there come May.  Arsenal won't win the league.

Who says Chelsea will win the league- bar Archie?

new devil

Which is it?

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 27, 2009, 10:17:21 AM
He's a great player because he's better than me, you and everyone else on here. He also must be a great player if City signed him when he was 16 and put him straight into the 1st team squad and Chelsea have been trying to sign him since he was 14. I have followed his career closely as he was at City, and seen what he achieved. That's what makes him a great player!

i won't be making any predictions yet, but if united do win 4 in row u'll know who will remember this ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 08:10:36 PM

i won't be making any predictions yet, but if united do win 4 in row u'll know who will remember this ;)

Really?

Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2009, 12:18:39 AM
Massive game tomorrow. Can't understand how Arsenal are in the title race. They're still playing middlin.

BECAUSE chelsea & man united are not even out of 2nd gear yet!

come april/may arsenal i expect will be 9/10 points behind the leaders

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 27, 2009, 08:41:27 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 08:10:36 PM

Really?

Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2009, 12:18:39 AM
Massive game tomorrow. Can't understand how Arsenal are in the title race. They're still playing middlin.

BECAUSE chelsea & man united are not even out of 2nd gear yet!

come april/may arsenal i expect will be 9/10 points behind the leaders

again read between the line's a prediction yes but did i predict the winner???

so my point is i won't be making any predictions on the title winners just yet! got that ??? (i hope so  :-\ )

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

orangeman

The cheek of Fulham to take the lead after 2 minutes !!