The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Everyone will know that I am a big JT apologist fan, so this is a strange one. I am always VERY sceptical of the tabloids, and especially the News of the World, who are so close to headlines such as 'Elvis found living on the moon'. Therefore everything I read I take with a pinch of salt.

However. I think JT has f**ked up here in some fashion. It's so unprofessional and tacky if what the NOTW say he did, he did. He's the captain of the England and Chelsea football teams, surely there is a more professional way of doing what he did, if he had to do it.

What's more disappointing is the company. A f**king ticket tout? The hate of all decent football fans.

As an aside, Terry parted company with his life long agent a few months back. The amount of NOTW 'exclusives' on his family, and him since has spiralled.

And remember, for all those posting from glass houses, who are taking this as gospel, read the last paragraph.

QuoteAs we left Bruce offered more visits to Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham, naming two high-profile figures who could help lay them on.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 21, 2009, 01:46:20 PM
Everyone will know that I am a big JT apologist fan, so this is a strange one. I am always VERY sceptical of the tabloids, and especially the News of the World, who are so close to headlines such as 'Elvis found living on the moon'. Therefore everything I read I take with a pinch of salt.

However. I think JT has f**ked up here in some fashion. It's so unprofessional and tacky if what the NOTW say he did, he did. He's the captain of the England and Chelsea football teams, surely there is a more professional way of doing what he did, if he had to do it.

What's more disappointing is the company. A f**king ticket tout? The hate of all decent football fans. 

As an aside, Terry parted company with his life long agent a few months back. The amount of NOTW 'exclusives' on his family, and him since has spiralled.

And remember, for all those posting from glass houses, who are taking this as gospel, read the last paragraph.

QuoteAs we left Bruce offered more visits to Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham, naming two high-profile figures who could help lay them on.

Does the ordinary fan hate the tout that much, I'd consider them a necessary evil. I've been lucky enough over the years to gain a few good contacts for football tickets but occasionally I'll still come up short and if a games important enough to me i'll pay a tout. He's providing a service and I'm availing of it.

Do agree with ya though its a bit messy for a player to be involved with a tout, but like ya say i'd say its rife.

Norf Tyrone

RESERVE REPORT: CELTIC 5 CHELSEA 3 Posted on: Mon 21 Dec 2009
Chelsea's reserves were beaten 5-3 away at Celtic on Monday in the first of two friendlies against the Scottish club.

In a game watched by Carlo Ancelotti and Ray Wilkins, both defences struggled to cope with the creativity of the opposition, and there were plenty of chances on a snowy Parkhead afternoon.

Conor Clifford had given Chelsea the lead in the first half, curling home into the corner after a build-up of 15 passes, yet poor defending proved costly and we went in 3-1 down against a Celtic side featuring five first-team players, and coached by Neil Lennon.

At 5-1 down in the second half, we pulled two goals back, the first when Gael Kakuta hit a left-footed volley in from the edge of the box after a corner, and then Josh McEachran made a run in behind and after his initial shot was saved by the goalkeeper, he cleverly lifted the ball over him and in to make the scoreline more respectable ahead of the second leg.

These games are designed to let the players get to grips with a European-style tie, and although no date has yet been arranged for the return fixture at Stamford Bridge, reserve coach Steve Holland is hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

'It was a really good game of football with both teams playing some good stuff, and neither defence could cope with the other's attack,' he said. 'It was an open, attacking game, with some disappointments and some pluses.'

Chelsea: Jan Sebek (sub Nic Heimann); Nikki Ahamed (sub Billy Clifford), Jeffrey Bruma, Carl Magnay (sub Kenny Strickland), Ben Gordon, Nemanja Matic, Jacopo Sala, Conor Clifford (sub Daniel Philliskirk), Fabio Borini, Gael Kakuta, Josh McEachran.

Celtic: Cervi (sub Giordano), Caddis, Thompson, Lafferty, Wilson, McGinn (sub Riley), Flood (sub Towell, Zheng, Carey, Forrest, McGowan.

Norf Tyrone

John Terry in the FIFA team of the year for what I believe is the 5th year in a row.

Also I hear that the 'Make a wish foundation' are preparing a statement that backs up Terry's donation claims.   

Archie Mitchell

Some going for JT.

FIFPro team of the year: Casillas; Dani Alves, Evra, Terry, Vidic; Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard; Ronaldo, Messi, Torres.

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 08:55:13 PM
Some going for JT.

FIFPro team of the year: Casillas; Dani Alves, Evra, Terry, Vidic; Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard; Ronaldo, Messi, Torres.

what a shocker vidic included  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ross4life on December 21, 2009, 09:09:20 PM
Some going for JT.

Who said he was a bad player?

TheGreatRambo

Some going for JT.

You know how many of them are in the top 10 of the castrol ranking you were so keen on? 4

Evra ranks at 120th

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 21, 2009, 09:20:29 PM
Some going for JT.

You know how many of them are in the top 10 of the castrol ranking you were so keen on? 4

Evra ranks at 120th

I didn't treat them as the holy grail of player rankings. I just said they were another method, who claimed to be the most complete set of statistics for footballers.

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:22:24 PM
Some going for JT.

Evra ranks at 120th

I didn't treat them as the holy grail of player rankings. I just said they were another method, who claimed to be the most complete set of statistics for footballers.

U were a bit keen on them :)

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on December 21, 2009, 09:23:51 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:22:24 PM
Some going for JT.

Evra ranks at 120th

U were a bit keen on them :)

Ai, whatever you say. Sure I check them every day and im developing an app for the iPhone for it.

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:11:38 PM
Some going for JT.

nope but you did think a certain fulham player was better didn't you?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ross4life on December 21, 2009, 09:33:52 PM
Some going for JT.

Did I? What I was saying was that you were laughing at the fact that a website had the cheek to pick Hangeland over Vidic for the premier league team in 2009 calender year, not the 08/09 season. Vidic has been good for Utd, but over the course of 2009, I thought Hangeland was just as good, including this season when Vidic hasn't been as strong as he has been. That said, Hangeland probably stood out more as he was playing in a weaker defense than Utd's.

But sure you deleted the thread anyway, so who cares.  ;)

ross4life

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 21, 2009, 09:48:35 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 21, 2009, 09:33:52 PM
Some going for JT.

Did I? What I was saying was that you were laughing at the fact that a website had the cheek to pick Hangeland over Vidic for the premier league team in 2009 calender year, not the 08/09 season. Vidic has been good for Utd, but over the course of 2009, I thought Hangeland was just as good, including this season when Vidic hasn't been as strong as he has been. That said, Hangeland probably stood out more as he was playing in a weaker defense than Utd's.

But sure you deleted the thread anyway, so who cares.  ;)

yep that's my problem there highlighted ;) united without vidic = weaker defense than fulham

you & the papers think's hangeland was better

i bet i could be backed by alot more  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Drogba's last game before Feb on Boxing day and Anelka injured. That leaves Borini and Sturridge up front for Fulham.