The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 20, 2009, 06:51:57 PM
I don't see the sense in re-taking the penalty if it has been scored. Would be different if keeper saved it and one of the players who encroached in the box followed up to clear the ball or score.

Diamanti for West Ham is a good player.

He sparkled today.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Schkite

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 20, 2009, 06:51:57 PM
I don't see the sense in re-taking the penalty if it has been scored. Would be different if keeper saved it and one of the players who encroached in the box followed up to clear the ball or score.

Diamanti for West Ham is a good player.

Maybe the thinking is that the encroaching players put the keeper off when the player is running up to kick the ball? Bit of a strange decision alright but can't think why else it would be retaken. But yeah, the whole retaking of penalties thing is very inconsistent, whether it be for players encroaching or the keeper being off his line, some refs pull them up on it but most don't.

Norf Tyrone

Another jaded performance by the Blues, and as well as a couple of factors, I think the diamond is limiting. West Ham worked hard today, and by stiffling the middle third of the pitch limited Chelsea. When teams do that, you must get wide, but we have no width.

Sure there is Ashley Cole (Who looks like he's carrying a knock) and Ivanovic (An unorthodox right back) but if they are off colour, there is a reliance in barging through the middle, or a spark of genius. The genius is meant to come from Joe Cole. A player so off form it's unreal.

Personally I'd go back to the José/ Guus's formation of 4-3-3. There is Zhirkov to go wide left, or Malouda, and Anelka for wide right. It stretches the game and allows Lampard and Ballack a bit more room.

As for the referee. What a shocker he had today. Chelsea had thee penalty shouts turned down today, and then his assistant gives Chelsea a non penalty, before West Ham have a big shout turned down as well. In the middle of all that he accuses Ballack of diving, when in reality it's a second booking for Noble.

As for his interpretation of Lampard's penalties. Why did he not make Diamantia retake his? After my rant re Lampard's penalty against Man City a few weeks back, it's ironic.

However... as Dinny states great balls from Frank. When you consider he just missed a penalty two weeks back, he's off form, the kick was crucial, he had to take it 3 times AND the Hammers just love our Frank, it showed true guts.

And, despite the poor run, that's the lead stretched.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 29, 2009, 10:00:15 PM
As a negative aside. This season we have seen a player struck by a missle at OT, a fan try to attack Bellamy at OT, and today a missle almost hitting Frank Lampard. As of yet little action or condemnation.

Last season a fan throw a flag onto the SB pitch at the end of a game (Not at anyone), and Chelsea were fined £100,000. Why the differance?

I quoted the above after the Arsenal game a few weeks back, and I still have not heard of Arsenal being punished. I know United got a 'ticking off'.

Will West Ham get any punishment after Lampard was almost struck by a missle today? Camera cuts to the Spammers stewards and they are pishing themselves laughing. Classy.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

What about that Terry cnut?  Caught by the balls by the News of the World  :D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 10:08:34 AM

Now I'm no fan of Terry but did he not raise a tidy lump sum for a charity on his own day off, so what if pulled the wool over his employers......a complete non-story...
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2009, 11:59:16 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 10:08:34 AM

Now I'm no fan of Terry but did he not raise a tidy lump sum for a charity on his own day off, so what if pulled the wool over his employers......a complete non-story...
Whats Father Christmas getting you for Christmas Dinny?

A Quinn Martin Production

So John Terry takes £8k off those paragons of virtue at the NOTW and gives it to a children's charity?  Fair play to him.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhats Father Christmas getting you for Christmas Dinny?

An apostrophe  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on December 21, 2009, 12:37:50 PM
So John Terry takes £8k off those paragons of virtue at the NOTW and gives it to a children's charity?  Fair play to him.
Aye thats right, you are 100% correct, Terry is blameless in all this.  I would be proud of my captain selling dodgy tours of the training ground for 10k a pop and he decides not to tell his employers out of the goodness of his heart, he is such an altruistic footballer.  Sure he gives his cut to charidee each time.
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2009, 12:39:42 PM

An apostrophe  ;)
Grammer police, get over yourselve  :P

Had a quick look at the NOTW website.  It's clear from the transcript that Terry neither solicits nor accepts any money.  Non-story, though I would agree that he should be more careful of the company he keeps...Tony The Tout and two NOTW journos.  Actually Tony The Tout's the real winner here...he pockets £2k for doing...feck all!

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 12:43:57 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on December 21, 2009, 12:37:50 PM
Aye thats right, you are 100% correct, Terry is blameless in all this.  I would be proud of my captain selling dodgy tours of the training ground for 10k a pop and he decides not to tell his employers out of the goodness of his heart, he is such an altruistic footballer.  Sure he gives his cut to charidee each time.
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 21, 2009, 12:39:42 PM

An apostrophe  ;)
Grammer police, get over yourselve  :P

Terry offers to show two "fans" round the training facility in return for a charitable donation.  Happens in all walks of life.  I did a piece of work during the year and donated my fee to a local charity.  Papers didn't pick it up though!

Doogie Browser

AQMP do you really think it was as innocent as that?  I think he is a crooked hoor, I really do.
Happens in all walks of life - come on now  :D

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 21, 2009, 12:57:28 PM
AQMP do you really think it was as innocent as that?  I think he is a crooked hoor, I really do.
Happens in all walks of life - come on now  :D

Doogie, all I'm saying (in case Terry's legal team are monitoring the boards) is that Terry doesn't ask for money, isn't given money and in fact I've now watched the video and we don't see any money.  However we do have the NOTW's word that there was £10k in the folder...no further questions M'Lud. ;)

Doogie Browser

I hate the NOTW but I have to admit some of their stings have been a good laugh down the years, the Fake Sheikh was a particular favourite  :D