The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

:D

Just watched Chelsea reserves score late to grab a 3-3 draw with Birmingham there, with 16yo Lalkovic scoring Chelsea's equiliser. Understandably the kid was very happy, and interviewed live on CTV at the final whistle.

Barnett- 'Well done, first goal for the reserves.'
Lalkovic- 'Yeah, great, happy, we won, three points, it's good!"
Moment of stunned silence.

Barnett - 'One point, we drew'
Lalkovic "We drew?"
Barnett "Yes". (Fellow interviewee players look perplexed at him)
Lalkovic (By now looking extremely confused)"I thought we won?"
Barnett "No we drew" (Fellow young player slaps Lalkovic on the chest)
Lalvkovic "Oh yes I remember, they scored a header"

(They didn't, they score all goals with their feet so one can asume the kid was winging it at this stage!)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 09, 2009, 09:17:38 PM
:D

Just watched Chelsea reserves score late to grab a 3-3 draw with Birmingham there, with 16yo Lalkovic scoring Chelsea's equiliser. Understandably the kid was very happy, and interviewed live on CTV at the final whistle.

Barnett- 'Well done, first goal for the reserves.'
Lalkovic- 'Yeah, great, happy, we won, three points, it's good!"
Moment of stunned silence.

Barnett - 'One point, we drew'
Lalkovic "We drew?"
Barnett "Yes". (Fellow interviewee players look perplexed at him)
Lalkovic (By now looking extremely confused)"I thought we won?"
Barnett "No we drew" (Fellow young player slaps Lalkovic on the chest)
Lalvkovic "Oh yes I remember, they scored a header"

(They didn't, they score all goals with their feet so one can asume the kid was winging it at this stage!)

I always accuse players of not knowing the rules but this lad has taken it to a new level!!
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

I meant v Fulham for that interview. Watching one thing, and listening to another.

nrico2006

QuoteFair enough summary Norf.  Chelsea weren't great but managed to scrape over the line.  I seem to be alone in thinking that Fletcher did foul Cole.  Terry definitely fouled Valencia.  Evans should have got the line and poss a Chelsea penalty for the foul on Drogba. 

Is it just me or are Man Utd whinging a hell of a lot??

Wise up.  Evans was in the air after clearing when Drogba plowed into him.  Chelsea get the 3 points, didn't deserve it though.   United were the better side but do lack that creative edge, something that they missed last year aswell as was evident in the CL Final.  Ronaldo was never a dominant player in these games, apart from the CL Final.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Archie Mitchell

So Drogba is possibly out for 3 weeks with a broken rib. I wonder how he got this injury. Must have been when he dived and got booked for it.

new devil

Archie Mitchell

The only team I like is City. I don't like any other team. Drogba got alot of abuse on here for diving, people saying he deserved it, maybe deserved being kicked elsewhere etc. So it turns out he could have a serious enough injury, where are all the posters slagging him off now.

new devil

I didn't say Drogba dived..He was diffiently caught by evans but it was an accident...Don't no why he got booked
Ive said before on here that Drogba is a player i have a lot of time for.

AFS

I'd have my doubts that he's that seriously injured. Could be very likely that he just didn't fancy a trip to the Ivory Coast to play in a dead rubber.

Minder

Quote from: new devil on November 14, 2009, 05:34:24 PM
I didn't say Drogba dived..He was diffiently caught by evans but it was an accident...Don't no why he got booked
Ive said before on here that Drogba is a player i have a lot of time for.

That will keep him warm at night.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AFS on November 14, 2009, 06:00:45 PM
I'd have my doubts that he's that seriously injured. Could be very likely that he just didn't fancy a trip to the Ivory Coast to play in a dead rubber.

I doubt there is a footballer in the world who has done more for his country that Drogba, so to say he didn't fancy a trip to his country for a dead rubber is laughable.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 14, 2009, 09:42:29 PM

I doubt there is a footballer in the world who has done more for his country that Drogba, so to say he didn't fancy a trip to his country for a dead rubber is laughable.
Quite right, although I doubt the chap in question has ever seen him play for his country. A player who really has come on in leaps and bounds since he moved to Chelsea
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

AFS

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 14, 2009, 09:42:29 PM

They were already qualified and were probably going to experiment a bit, so he mightn't have even played. They didn't need him for a game that didn't matter, so there was no harm staying behind when he might not be 100%.

The broken rib story has only been reported in the Sun so far, so some scepticism is reasonable.

Norf Tyrone

http://www.footytube.com/video/2-1-27415

A contender for one of the greatest goals that never was by Zhirkov last night!