The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 09, 2009, 12:02:38 PM

The Fletcher/Cole incident was debatable. He got the slightest touch on the ball but was high on it.

The United fan's whining is music to my ears. Delighted to hear Fergie's whinges. Class manager, but far from a class act anymore.

Because Chelsea and their supporters are usually so gracious at accepting poor decisions,  :D :D :D ::)

Anybody remember a game against Barcelona a couple of months ago? I'm sure Anders Frisk would be very forthcoming about Chelsea's attitude to referees. I've also seen numerous delusional rants from yourself about there being a bias against Chelsea in europe as they weren't in the elite club thing. Fans, managers and players complain about bad decisions. Don't remember you ever criticising Mourinho's obsessive rants.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rafa

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 09, 2009, 02:57:28 PM

The Fletcher/Cole incident was debatable. He got the slightest touch on the ball but was high on it.

The United fan's whining is music to my ears. Delighted to hear Fergie's whinges. Class manager, but far from a class act anymore.

Because Chelsea and their supporters are usually so gracious at accepting poor decisions,  :D :D :D ::)

Anybody remember a game against Barcelona a couple of months ago? I'm sure Anders Frisk would be very forthcoming about Chelsea's attitude to referees. I've also seen numerous delusional rants from yourself about there being a bias against Chelsea in europe as they weren't in the elite club thing. Fans, managers and players complain about bad decisions. Don't remember you ever criticising Mourinho's obsessive rants.

Tac is always the most bitter about a defeat it seems!

Your smiley faces fool no one, I can envisage the vein popping in your neck with rage from yesterday.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Rafa on November 09, 2009, 03:12:03 PM

Your smiley faces fool no one, I can envisage the vein popping in your neck with rage from yesterday.

Anders Frisk??  Is that the ref who had a meeting with Frank Rijkaard at half time, then denied it, then admitted it was true?  Oh yeah, that Anders Frisk.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

full back

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on November 09, 2009, 03:24:36 PM

Anders Frisk??  Is that the ref who had a meeting with Frank Rijkaard at half time, then denied it, then admitted it was true?  Oh yeah, that Anders Frisk.

The same Anders Frisk who retired from the game due to deeath threats made to his family following a Chelsea CL league game.....................

On 12 March Frisk announced his immediate retirement, citing threats made to his family[2]. Two weeks previously, he had been severely criticised by Chelsea fans, players and management following his handling of a UEFA Champions League tie between Barcelona and Chelsea, during which he sent off Chelsea's Didier Drogba for receiving two cautions. Chelsea's manager, José Mourinho, publicly accused Frisk of having invited the Barça manager, Frank Rijkaard, into his room at half-time, an act that is against UEFA regulations.

UEFA charged Chelsea with inappropriate conduct following the match. Mourinho received a touchline ban for both legs of Chelsea's quarter-final against Bayern Munich for the suggestion that Rijkaard had entered the officials' dressing room. It was revealed on 7 April that the UEFA venue director, Pascal Fratellia, had observed Rijkaard say hello in the tunnel and then attempt to converse with Frisk about the match on the way to the officials' room. Allegedly Frisk told him that "This is not the place or the moment to talk about the match" and left Rijkaard outside the room[3].

On 19 December, Frisk was awarded FIFA's Presidential Award as "recognition for a career cut short following death threats against his family"

The irony of Chelsea fans is blinding in this :D :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Well God forbid that I'd fool you Rafa. Fact.

To be honest I'm more worried about Derry City than Man Utd this weekend.

Rafa

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 09, 2009, 04:35:12 PM

So whereabouts in the great walled city do you hail from then?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: full back on November 09, 2009, 03:56:14 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on November 09, 2009, 03:24:36 PM

The same Anders Frisk who retired from the game due to deeath threats made to his family following a Chelsea CL league game.....................

On 12 March Frisk announced his immediate retirement, citing threats made to his family[2]. Two weeks previously, he had been severely criticised by Chelsea fans, players and management following his handling of a UEFA Champions League tie between Barcelona and Chelsea, during which he sent off Chelsea's Didier Drogba for receiving two cautions. Chelsea's manager, José Mourinho, publicly accused Frisk of having invited the Barça manager, Frank Rijkaard, into his room at half-time, an act that is against UEFA regulations.

UEFA charged Chelsea with inappropriate conduct following the match. Mourinho received a touchline ban for both legs of Chelsea's quarter-final against Bayern Munich for the suggestion that Rijkaard had entered the officials' dressing room. It was revealed on 7 April that the UEFA venue director, Pascal Fratellia, had observed Rijkaard say hello in the tunnel and then attempt to converse with Frisk about the match on the way to the officials' room. Allegedly Frisk told him that "This is not the place or the moment to talk about the match" and left Rijkaard outside the room[3].

On 19 December, Frisk was awarded FIFA's Presidential Award as "recognition for a career cut short following death threats against his family"

The irony of Chelsea fans is blinding in this :D :D

Where in your italics does it mention Chelsea fans made the death threats?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think there is a bias against Chelsea in Europe. Quotes from the UEFA hierarchy, and their actions fuel this.

I didn't criticise José and I didn't criticise Fergie either. I said I was delighted to hear his whinges
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Quote from: full back on November 09, 2009, 04:42:58 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on November 09, 2009, 04:34:43 PM
Death threats ???

Thats what it says AQMP

I'm surprised Mr Frisk (no not the Grand National winner) never brought the police in to investigate this, particularly since he claims the threats were made by telephone and email.

Rudigar

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 09, 2009, 04:35:12 PM

Just out of interest, why are you worried about Derry if your from Armagh? Genuine question.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 09, 2009, 05:14:37 PM

I didn't criticise José and I didn't criticise Fergie either. I said I was delighted to hear his whinges

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Rafa on November 09, 2009, 05:00:47 PM

So whereabouts in the great walled city do you hail from then?

Did I say I was from Derry?

Quote from: Rudigar on November 09, 2009, 05:57:55 PM

Just out of interest, why are you worried about Derry if your from Armagh? Genuine question.

A few of my friends from Uni were mad into Derry. I tagged along to a few games, enjoyed it and have followed them since.

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 09, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
Excellent result for the Blues yesterday, if not a poor performance. United's team was set out to stiffle Chelsea and despite the Manc's superior possession the stat of two shots on target says it all.

The referee I thought had a mare and got most decisions wrong. United fans probably can be aggrived at the goal. It was an arguable free kick, and Drogba may have got a pull on Wes Brown, however it was definately on side. United will also look to a Valencia penalty appeal in the first half too.
However Chelsea had their moments too. When Anelka tested VDS in the first half, Drogba was prevented from the rebound by a United defender taking the shirt off his back, Ivanovic was booked for winning a good tackle, Valencia's two footed lunge could've earned more than a yellow and Evans' dangerous play should've seen him get first pick of the showers. Even early in the game United won a corner that Rooney put out. Atkinson had one of those games.

The net result will probably see Rooney incur the wrath of the FA for his post match behaviour, and a possible ban, and not before time.

As for the game itself, and Chelsea's midfield four- bar Essien- lost their battles, with Fletcher in particular making the most of his talents once again. However this is where Ronaldo is missed. The only match winner United had yesterday was Rooney, and he was badly isolated. Chelsea although poor did create a few half chances, but bar Carvalho, Ivanovic and Essien the rest were below par.

However a gap is now there, and with Wolves (H), Arsenal (A) and City (A), it's time to press on.

Long way to go.

only time Ronaldo played well v Chelsea was the champions league final when for some reason essien was given the job of marking him & i think that was the only time he scored v you also?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on November 09, 2009, 07:37:32 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 09, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
Excellent result for the Blues yesterday, if not a poor performance. United's team was set out to stiffle Chelsea and despite the Manc's superior possession the stat of two shots on target says it all.

The referee I thought had a mare and got most decisions wrong. United fans probably can be aggrived at the goal. It was an arguable free kick, and Drogba may have got a pull on Wes Brown, however it was definately on side. United will also look to a Valencia penalty appeal in the first half too.
However Chelsea had their moments too. When Anelka tested VDS in the first half, Drogba was prevented from the rebound by a United defender taking the shirt off his back, Ivanovic was booked for winning a good tackle, Valencia's two footed lunge could've earned more than a yellow and Evans' dangerous play should've seen him get first pick of the showers. Even early in the game United won a corner that Rooney put out. Atkinson had one of those games.

The net result will probably see Rooney incur the wrath of the FA for his post match behaviour, and a possible ban, and not before time.

As for the game itself, and Chelsea's midfield four- bar Essien- lost their battles, with Fletcher in particular making the most of his talents once again. However this is where Ronaldo is missed. The only match winner United had yesterday was Rooney, and he was badly isolated. Chelsea although poor did create a few half chances, but bar Carvalho, Ivanovic and Essien the rest were below par.

However a gap is now there, and with Wolves (H), Arsenal (A) and City (A), it's time to press on.

Long way to go.

only time Ronaldo played well v Chelsea was the champions league final when for some reason essien was given the job of marking him & i think that was the only time he scored v you also?

Fair point, but CR still had the ability to create plenty, and he made United less predictable.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone