Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: TheGreatRambo on November 08, 2009, 03:51:24 PM
so u backed them to win by 2 goals or not to win at all?? Makes sense

Two separate bets  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TheGreatRambo

I do understand that, its just that if u fancy a team to win by more than one goal its unusual to have a cover bet on the draw

stew

Arsenal are the best team in the world to watch bar none, their passing is out of this world at times ans maybe this is the year they win the premiership. Chelsea will struggle when the africans leave and thye are an older squad and united are not the team last years was, I have a horrible feeling the arse could win it the year.
:'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stew on November 08, 2009, 04:03:35 PM
Arsenal are the best team in the world to watch bar none, their passing is out of this world at times ans maybe this is the year they win the premiership. Chelsea will struggle when the africans leave and thye are an older squad and united are not the team last years was, I have a horrible feeling the arse could win it the year.

I think Chelsea will win the league quite easily this season to be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

Barcelona bar NONE ;)

ARSE will be happy with a top 4 finish
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: ross4life on November 08, 2009, 04:54:13 PM

Barcelona bar NONE ;)

Arsenal are truly breathtaking sometimes but turn out to be too good for their own good way too often. Barcelona are fantastic but have the tendency not to choke a la Arsenal. Chelsea do look very very good at the moment but the game at the moment is poor, Lampard has been a mess
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on November 08, 2009, 05:18:14 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 08, 2009, 04:54:13 PM

Barcelona bar NONE ;)

Arsenal are truly breathtaking sometimes but turn out to be too good for their own good way too often. Barcelona are fantastic but have the tendency not to choke a la Arsenal. Chelsea do look very very good at the moment but the game at the moment is poor, Lampard has been a mess

I have seen Arsenal a few times this year and I think they have more steel about them to be honest than previous years.  I think they will win the PL.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Farrandeelin

Chelsea to win the league with Arsenal pushing them to the wire.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

have to be honest alot hype around arsenal at the moment, IMO when they get a few injuries they will fade away much like last year, big test in few weeks Arsenal v Chelsea

come May i can't see it any different than Man united v Chelsea at the top but the points total is gonna down alot on previous seasons
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AFS

Way too much hype about Arsenal at the minute. They're battering shite teams, so what? They've been doing that for years and not winning anything. They've won 8 games this season, 7 of them were against teams currently in the bottom half of the league. They've played 3 games against teams in the top half of the league and lost 2 of them.

Norf Tyrone

Excellent result for the Blues yesterday, if not a poor performance. United's team was set out to stiffle Chelsea and despite the Manc's superior possession the stat of two shots on target says it all.

The referee I thought had a mare and got most decisions wrong. United fans probably can be aggrived at the goal. It was an arguable free kick, and Drogba may have got a pull on Wes Brown, however it was definately on side. United will also look to a Valencia penalty appeal in the first half too.
However Chelsea had their moments too. When Anelka tested VDS in the first half, Drogba was prevented from the rebound by a United defender taking the shirt off his back, Ivanovic was booked for winning a good tackle, Valencia's two footed lunge could've earned more than a yellow and Evans' dangerous play should've seen him get first pick of the showers. Even early in the game United won a corner that Rooney put out. Atkinson had one of those games.

The net result will probably see Rooney incur the wrath of the FA for his post match behaviour, and a possible ban, and not before time.

As for the game itself, and Chelsea's midfield four- bar Essien- lost their battles, with Fletcher in particular making the most of his talents once again. However this is where Ronaldo is missed. The only match winner United had yesterday was Rooney, and he was badly isolated. Chelsea although poor did create a few half chances, but bar Carvalho, Ivanovic and Essien the rest were below par.

However a gap is now there, and with Wolves (H), Arsenal (A) and City (A), it's time to press on.

Long way to go.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Well said Norf its refreshing to read a review that states all the incidents even the ones your own team could have been punished for. Over on the United thread they call foul all the time on things that went against them but rarely mention things that their own team done wrong and even when they do they then try to make excuses for it
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 09, 2009, 11:27:18 AM
Excellent result for the Blues yesterday, if not a poor performance. United's team was set out to stiffle Chelsea and despite the Manc's superior possession the stat of two shots on target says it all.

The referee I thought had a mare and got most decisions wrong. United fans probably can be aggrived at the goal. It was an arguable free kick, and Drogba may have got a pull on Wes Brown, however it was definately on side. United will also look to a Valencia penalty appeal in the first half too.
However Chelsea had their moments too. When Anelka tested VDS in the first half, Drogba was prevented from the rebound by a United defender taking the shirt off his back, Ivanovic was booked for winning a good tackle, Valencia's two footed lunge could've earned more than a yellow and Evans' dangerous play should've seen him get first pick of the showers. Even early in the game United won a corner that Rooney put out. Atkinson had one of those games.

The net result will probably see Rooney incur the wrath of the FA for his post match behaviour, and a possible ban, and not before time.

As for the game itself, and Chelsea's midfield four- bar Essien- lost their battles, with Fletcher in particular making the most of his talents once again. However this is where Ronaldo is missed. The only match winner United had yesterday was Rooney, and he was badly isolated. Chelsea although poor did create a few half chances, but bar Carvalho, Ivanovic and Essien the rest were below par.

However a gap is now there, and with Wolves (H), Arsenal (A) and City (A), it's time to press on.

Long way to go.

Fair enough summary Norf.  Chelsea weren't great but managed to scrape over the line.  I seem to be alone in thinking that Fletcher did foul Cole.  Terry definitely fouled Valencia.  Evans should have got the line and poss a Chelsea penalty for the foul on Drogba. 

Is it just me or are Man Utd whinging a hell of a lot??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on November 09, 2009, 11:41:37 AM

Long way to go.

Fair enough summary Norf.  Chelsea weren't great but managed to scrape over the line.  I seem to be alone in thinking that Fletcher did foul Cole.  Terry definitely fouled Valencia.  Evans should have got the line and poss a Chelsea penalty for the foul on Drogba. 

Is it just me or are Man Utd whinging a hell of a lot??

The Fletcher/Cole incident was debatable. He got the slightest touch on the ball but was high on it.

The United fan's whining is music to my ears. Delighted to hear Fergie's whinges. Class manager, but far from a class act anymore.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Rafa

Excellent result for the Blues yesterday, if not a poor performance.

Does that make sense?