The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AFS on October 28, 2009, 10:34:00 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 28, 2009, 10:20:13 PM
13 goals for and zero against in the last 3 games.

11 wins from 11 at home this season.

25 goals scored, 1 conceded.

28 games unbeaten at the Bridge.

Starting to build a head of steam Carlo? Critical away game this Saturday.

Who's your next home game against?  :P

One game at a time as all the best cliches go...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

Just when I was watching the highlights from Chelsea's game there, I just realised just how strong their squad is. They could field 2 teams that would match each other and most in the league. Not many other teams have the strength they have.

2 teams would be:

Cech, Ferreira, Terry, Alex, Belletti, J Cole, Essien, Ballack, Zhirkov, Drogba, Sturridge.

Hillario, Boswinga, Carvalho, Ivanovic, A Cole, Deco, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou.

2 quality teams. Is there a squad of this quality elsewhere in Europe?

AFS

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 28, 2009, 11:39:04 PM
Cech, Ferreira, Terry, Alex, Belletti, J Cole, Essien, Ballack, Zhirkov, Drogba, Sturridge.

Hillario, Boswinga, Carvalho, Ivanovic, A Cole, Deco, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda, Anelka, Kalou.

Madrid probably the only ones that come close

Casillas, Ramos, Marcelo, Pepe, Albiol, Alonso, Diarra, Kaka, Ronaldo, Raul, Benzema (4-3-3)

Dudek, Arbeloa, Metzelder, Garay, Van der Vaart, Gago, Diarra, Granero, Guti, Higuain, Van Nistelrooy (3-4-3)

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: AFS on October 28, 2009, 10:34:00 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 28, 2009, 10:20:13 PM
13 goals for and zero against in the last 3 games.

11 wins from 11 at home this season.

25 goals scored, 1 conceded.

28 games unbeaten at the Bridge.

Starting to build a head of steam Carlo? Critical away game this Saturday.

Who's your next home game against?  :P

Some bad lot who were humped in their last away game by a mid table team.  Looking forward to a "massive" game agin' that sleeping giant Wolves on the 21st Nov ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

Superb stuff by the Blues today, and I have to admit that the fluidity offered by the diamond can be awesome. Anelka was given free reign today, and with the movement of the middle four, Bolton had not got a clue how to deal with him. In addition it allowed Ivanovic to raid forward time and time again. I still think that the diamond can be exploited by a team with decent wide players, but I'll worry about that another day.

Two final thoughts today.

Chelsea's fourth goal today was Harlem globetrotters style football.

I wonder will CA leave some of his big guns at home this Tuesday night. No subs used today suggests that Mssrs Drogba, Anelka, Lampard etc may get a few days off this week.

Archie Mitchell

Chelsea are playing brilliant football these days. Gone are the boring 1-0's of Mourinho's reign. RA is getting the sexy football he craved for so long, Drogba's goal today proved that, was absolutly sublime.

Chelsea are in a great position. Have argubly one of the strongest club squads in the world, only Barca and Real Madrid could rival it. They wouldn't have the best starting XI in terms of players ability compared to Barca or Madrid, but the way they play as a team makes up for that. Yes the diamond could be in trouble against certain teams, but I feel they would have the strength in depth to change and deal with it.

ross4life

Just when I was watching the highlights from Chelsea's game there, I just realised just how strong their squad is. They could field 2 teams that would match each other and most in the league. Not many other teams have the strength they have.

2 teams would be:

Van der sar, Evra, ferdinand, Vidic, O Shea, Valencia, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Giggs, Rooney, Berbatov

Foster, F da Silva, Brown, Evans, R Da Silva, Nani, Scholes, Carrick, Obertan, Anderson, Owen

& not bad looking 2 teams their either :) & i didn't even include Tosic, Welbeck, Park, Macheda or the captain Gary Neville
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on November 01, 2009, 12:58:43 AM

2 teams would be:

Van der sar, Evra, ferdinand, Vidic, O Shea, Valencia, Hargreaves, Fletcher, Giggs, Rooney, Berbatov

Foster, F da Silva, Brown, Evans, R Da Silva, Nani, Scholes, Carrick, Obertan, Anderson, Owen

& not bad looking 2 teams their either :) & i didn't even include Tosic, Welbeck, Park, Macheda or the captain Gary Neville

See yer man there Ferdinand. The centre half in your first XI. One of your fellow posters on the United thread was saying that Fergie should get rid of him there last week.
Hang on. It was you!

ONeill

A few weeks ago I was thinking Chelsea could emulate the Arsenal Invincibles of '04. It's vital now that Utd and Arsenal take points off these feckers as I can't see them dropping much for the rest of the year. If Chelsea walk away from those two games with 6 points it's lights out for the rest.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Chelsea's next 4 games, are Mancs (H), Wolves, Arsenal and City. Big month coming up!

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 01, 2009, 09:09:18 AM
Quote from: ross4life on November 01, 2009, 12:58:43 AM

2 teams would be:

See yer man there Ferdinand. The centre half in your first XI. One of your fellow posters on the United thread was saying that Fergie should get rid of him there last week.
Hang on. It was you!

who said it was my first XL i just picked two teams  ;) i didn't say get rid of, time for fergie to find a replacement he is 31 & would still be a good squad member (unless your a AC Milan Defender it's rare your still great over 30)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Transfer ban suspended pending final decision on appeal. Leaving Chelsea free to sign players in January.

So who will they sign? Do they even need anyone or will they sign for the future?

AFS

John Terry's da has been a bold boy. Bit shit for the son, not a story you'd like to wake up to on one of the biggest days of the season.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/587550/John-Terrys-dad-sells-cocaine-in-bar.html

The Real Laoislad

I'd be very surprised if Chelsea don't win today, so I backed them with -1 handicapp @5/2  but I also put a tenner on a score draw just to be safe!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TheGreatRambo

so u backed them to win by 2 goals or not to win at all?? Makes sense