The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Norf Tyrone

Was working so never seen today's game, but I hear we were poor. Cech reded and missed the Lpool game, but the bigger worry will Ashley Cole's injury. Cole has been Chelsea's second best player year to date.

I think Chelsea's form, despite the victories, has been iffy, and they have tended to rely on their power to overcome teams. We need Joe Cole back to inject a bit of flair, and more importantly we need Lampard back on form. Lampard makes this team tick.

Apoel away this week, and then the bindippers.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Just watched Chelsea reserves v Wolves reserves. Chelsea have 3 or 4 of their second string in Cyprus, and two at the u20 World Cup, therefore had to field a youth side. Wolves had Illwemyo and Vokes up front, both internationals.

Last minute rasping winner for the young Blues via the boot of Dubliner Conor Clifford.

Norf Tyrone

Sam Hutchinson called into the England U21 squad. That's 5 Chelsea youf in Pearse's squad now.

Norf Tyrone

Dear Mr Ancellotti

Please...

1. Make sure you've watched the Champions league games from last season and noted formation.

2. Ensure that we have some semblance of width. That probably means a 4-3-3 formation, with Anelka and Malouda out wide, and Drogba up top.

3. Please inform Ashley and Jose that there is no need to bomb forward too much, as step 2 ensures that width is in place. Tell them, bomb forward, leave gaps, and watch that Spanish chap, and the justice avoider pull wide into them.

4. Please ensure that that Frank young fella is played deeper than normal. Too high up is not his style.

Good Luck

Norf Tyrone.

Norf Tyrone

Chelsea essentially won a game of half chances, with both defences very much on top.

However when it came to the crunch, the Drogba/ Anelka combo offered much more than the Torres/ Gerard version. In fact Gerard was AWOL most of the game. Again it highlighted that quel those two and the Scousers have little to offer. Personally I was delighted to see Benyoun on the bench.

At the other end the Percy/ Terry axis was superb, and gave nothing away. Behind that Hilario was top notch, and his command of the box was critical to the victory as it settled the whole team down.

The other thought was that it was kinda ironic that the key moment of the game resulted in a scouser being robbed of possession.........

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 05, 2009, 02:32:39 AM
Chelsea essentially won a game of half chances, with both defences very much on top.

However when it came to the crunch, the Drogba/ Anelka combo offered much more than the Torres/ Gerard version. In fact Gerard was AWOL most of the game. Again it highlighted that quel those two and the Scousers have little to offer. Personally I was delighted to see Benyoun on the bench.

At the other end the Percy/ Terry axis was superb, and gave nothing away. Behind that Hilario was top notch, and his command of the box was critical to the victory as it settled the whole team down.

The other thought was that it was kinda ironic that the key moment of the game resulted in a scouser being robbed of possession.........

Do I see a pattern here? 

Due to family committments I didn't see the game but I knew Chelsea had won when my phone didn't go crazy at 6:00pm with texts from scouse fans.  Silence is Golden.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Joe Cole makes a welcome return to the starting line up for today's game with Blackburn.  He seems to be playing at the head of the diamond formation. :)

Archie Mitchell

Game won already. F**k I hope Blackburn go down. Horrible team to watch. Big Sam partly to blame. Would rather see them go down than the likes of Stoke, Wolves, Burnley. At least they have a go at the big boys anyway. Blackburn went to Chelsea today not expecting anything and are playing like they don't care either. No wonder they haven't won away from home in donkeys. I would be pissed off if I was following them.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 24, 2009, 06:45:46 PM
Game won already. F**k I hope Blackburn go down. Horrible team to watch. Big Sam partly to blame. Would rather see them go down than the likes of Stoke, Wolves, Burnley. At least they have a go at the big boys anyway. Blackburn went to Chelsea today not expecting anything and are playing like they don't care either. No wonder they haven't won away from home in donkeys. I would be pissed off if I was following them.

"Big" Sam will probably blame Trappatoni for the defeat afterwards. Bad side and like you I hope they get relegated.

Blackburn...bad side...bad manager, they could struggle this season.  Chelsea could have had 7 or 8 easily...declared at 5!  Now hoping for a Liverpool win, a rare situation for me!

Norf Tyrone

Blackburn were woeful yesterday. With Samba and Dunnout they lacked teeth and belief. Good phrase used below that Chelsea declared at 5. It really could've been double figures.

Another positive too was that it allowed CA 20 minutes to give Jeffery Bruma a run out.

Good to see Joe Cole back, brought some much needed imagination and opened up Bburn often. However the wee f**ker missed a sitter after 30 seconds and I had £10 on him at 8-1.

Norf Tyrone

13 goals for and zero against in the last 3 games.

11 wins from 11 at home this season.

25 goals scored, 1 conceded.

28 games unbeaten at the Bridge.

Starting to build a head of steam Carlo? Critical away game this Saturday.

AFS

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 28, 2009, 10:20:13 PM
13 goals for and zero against in the last 3 games.

11 wins from 11 at home this season.

25 goals scored, 1 conceded.

28 games unbeaten at the Bridge.

Starting to build a head of steam Carlo? Critical away game this Saturday.

Who's your next home game against?  :P