The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: stiffler on August 15, 2009, 04:11:07 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 15, 2009, 02:41:54 PM
Some finish from Drogba there. Not sure if he meant it or not.

he said afterwards it was a cross
It dosen't matter what it is now, we got 2 points from it...

Generally encouragng apart from the fact that we just can't score. The ball seemed to magnetically attach to the keepers hands and we need to show some drive and create chances, which could push us over the line in the Premiership race.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 15, 2009, 03:51:51 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 15, 2009, 01:42:10 PM
Nice to see Stephen Hunt giving the Chelsea crowd something to boo about. That flag proclaiming that "Money can't buy everything" was a bit pathetic given Chelsea's recent history.

You'd have to expect Shelsea to go on to win, superb free kick from Drogba. Hull goalie looking shaky from backpasses.

Never hear of irony TAM?

Anyhow. Predictable. This game mirrored many of our home game's from last season where we absoloutely batter teams but struggle to score. I think we had 30 (!!) shots at goal today, and we end up relying on a late, late one from Drogba. The problem is- as I have been harping about- lack of width. Hull were able to keep their full backs tightly tucked on, and squeezed the space. It's no coincidence that Lampard was non-existant. Anyhow it's good to see the never-say-die spirit is still there, and Chelsea kept at it. Two points up on last year's fixture, so that's a start.

As for Hunt. The wee s***e could've and should've been sent off today. His first minute tackle on Lampard was very poor, and should've been a yellow card. He continued to throw himself about, and twice the ref ticked him for diving. Refs need to start showing yellow cards for diving, and that'll help tidy it up.

I sincerely doubt it was meant as ironic.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Norf Tyrone

Pizarro goes to Bremen for £5 million.
Nemanja Matic arrives from Kosice for £1.5 million.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

Good business to get £5 million for Pizarro. He came on a free didn't he?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 18, 2009, 03:38:40 PM

He did. When you consider his scoring record in the Bundesliga last year, you could argue that if another club were selling him they could've demanded more.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 18, 2009, 03:43:48 PM

He did. When you consider his scoring record in the Bundesliga last year, you could argue that if another club were selling him they could've demanded more.
Why is it that quality strikers just give up once they play for Chelsea? Is it the money?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 18, 2009, 03:50:45 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 18, 2009, 03:43:48 PM

Why is it that quality strikers just give up once they play for Chelsea? Is it the money?

Chelsea definately can be a grave yard for strikers, even harking back to Robert Fleck, and Chris Sutton, and onto Shevchenko and Kezman. I think in recent times a lot of it is due to Chelsea's success. Six or seven years back teams would've played Chelsea with hopes of drawing if not winning. However know most teams play Chelsea with ambitions of a point. With this mindset in play teams are more negative, and will sit deeper. The net result being that space is less available for attackers to play in. Some it suits, others it doesn't.

I am not sure Pizarro got a decent crack. Two goals in 27 games suggest he did, but a lot of them would've been as sub. Interesting that he had a good record when coming to Chelsea, and an exceptional one the season (2008-2009)he was on loan.

Eastern_Pride

Darren Bent 1-0 Sunderland.....

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Norf Tyrone

Good result. Never seen it so can't comment.

Hopefully continue the solid start at the neighbours on Sunday. I won't fekcing see that one too!

Eastern_Pride

Arjen Robben, Desailly and Jimmy Greaves should be top 10.

My Top 3.

Chopper Harris
Desailly
Zola

Archie Mitchell

Just seen the Chlsea goals from last night. Deco's goal was great, not so much for the finish, but for the build up. Chelsea knocked it about at will, created space and Deco struck a sweet shot to the net. Chelsea have a serious team, probably strongest squad in the premiership and my tip to win the league.

Carmen Stateside

Chelsea looking very impressive.  Poor Burnley have just been outclassed.