The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 14, 2009, 10:55:16 PM
Really? Read that they wernt sure what was going on and he was having a lot of pain in the knee while running.

Also, was reading on the City forums (not the best source I know but) that Sturridge has threw the toys out of the pram already and is not a happy camper.

Nothing on the Chelsea forums about any of those stories to be honest.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

How certain is it that Boswinga will be first choice right back Norf? (ie should I consider a late sub for Ivanovic on my fantasy dream team?!)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 15, 2009, 12:50:11 AM
How certain is it that Boswinga will be first choice right back Norf? (ie should I consider a late sub for Ivanovic on my fantasy dream team?!)

It's very difficult to know. Ivanovic was exposed a bit by the Mancs last week, so I'd say José has the shirt at present. For the diamond to function you need a RB that knows how to attack (at the right time) and defend. Bosingwa will be better than that than Ivanfield.

Norf Tyrone

Cech
Cole
Terry
Carvalho
Bosingwa

Mikel

Malouda
Essien

Lampard

Drogba
Anelka

Subs: Deco, Turnball, Hutchinson, Kaloooouu, Sturridge, Ivanfield, Ballack.

Galwaybhoy

Galwaybhoy

TacadoirArdMhacha

Nice to see Stephen Hunt giving the Chelsea crowd something to boo about. That flag proclaiming that "Money can't buy everything" was a bit pathetic given Chelsea's recent history.

You'd have to expect Shelsea to go on to win, superb free kick from Drogba. Hull goalie looking shaky from backpasses.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Archie Mitchell

Some finish from Drogba there. Not sure if he meant it or not.

Galwaybhoy

2-1.

Never thought I'd be thankful to see Drogba score.

Carmen Stateside

Drogba with what should be the winner.  First look thought he meant it!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 15, 2009, 01:42:10 PM
Nice to see Stephen Hunt giving the Chelsea crowd something to boo about. That flag proclaiming that "Money can't buy everything" was a bit pathetic given Chelsea's recent history.

You'd have to expect Shelsea to go on to win, superb free kick from Drogba. Hull goalie looking shaky from backpasses.

Never hear of irony TAM?

Anyhow. Predictable. This game mirrored many of our home game's from last season where we absoloutely batter teams but struggle to score. I think we had 30 (!!) shots at goal today, and we end up relying on a late, late one from Drogba. The problem is- as I have been harping about- lack of width. Hull were able to keep their full backs tightly tucked on, and squeezed the space. It's no coincidence that Lampard was non-existant. Anyhow it's good to see the never-say-die spirit is still there, and Chelsea kept at it. Two points up on last year's fixture, so that's a start.

As for Hunt. The wee s***e could've and should've been sent off today. His first minute tackle on Lampard was very poor, and should've been a yellow card. He continued to throw himself about, and twice the ref ticked him for diving. Refs need to start showing yellow cards for diving, and that'll help tidy it up.

stiffler

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 15, 2009, 02:41:54 PM
Some finish from Drogba there. Not sure if he meant it or not.

he said afterwards it was a cross
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Archie Mitchell

Heard that, suprised that he admitted it was a cross. Andy Gray was heaping praise on him saying he meant it.