The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 10, 2009, 03:31:32 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 10, 2009, 12:16:59 AM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 10, 2009, 12:01:57 AM
Yeah advantage Chelsea after winning the Charity Shield  ::)
Advantage chelsea by outplaying united you t**t

Anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge of football knows this in the grand scale of things that game means fck all, obviously you don't fall into that category.

Also, Chelsea didn't 'outplay' United

Eastern_Pride

Anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge of football knows this in the grand scale of things that game means fck all, obviously you don't fall into that category.
Jesus chelsea showed united whos the bettee team, and 689908, yes they did they were clearly better.
I never said the community shield means anything, but beating united means a whole fcking lot.
Chelsea get the psychological edge because sir alex was fuming that the ref didn't favour them meaning its wide open and chelsea's to lose....
UNITED ARE FCKING NOTHING WITHOUT CRISTIANO RONALDO!
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 10, 2009, 04:25:27 PM

Jesus chelsea showed united whos the bettee team, and 689908, yes they did they were clearly better.
I never said the community shield means anything, but beating united means a whole fcking lot.
Chelsea get the psychological edge because sir alex was fuming that the ref didn't favour them meaning its wide open and chelsea's to lose....

:D A little underlying anger problem?? :D

[/quote]Chelsea get the psychological edge because sir alex was fuming that the ref didn't favour them meaning its wide open and chelsea's to lose....[/quote]

Brilliant :D:D:D

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: 689908 on August 10, 2009, 04:35:05 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 10, 2009, 04:25:27 PM

:D A little underlying anger problem?? :D

Chelsea get the psychological edge because sir alex was fuming that the ref didn't favour them meaning its wide open and chelsea's to lose....[/quote]

Brilliant :D:D:D
[/quote] Ah would ya shut it and take off the red tinted sunglasses
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

You act like a child, it's highly entertaining.

How on earth is it Chelsea's to lose?

Hound

Quote from: 689908 on August 10, 2009, 04:41:29 PM
You act like a child, it's highly entertaining.

How on earth is it Chelsea's to lose?
Personally I think Chelsea have the best first 11. But it will depend on the manager finding the right combination, not being afraid to drop egos and keeping Drogba motivated.

DennistheMenace

It all depends on Ancelotti, I have my reservations about him but Chelsea do look strong.

I'm not so sure about Chelsea having the best first 11.  In any case it's more about the squad now, since a first choice 11 will normally depend on the opposition.  But I do think Chelsea have a formidable (if a little unbalanced) squad.  Ancelotti seems intent on playing the diamond system, and I'm not sure whether that would be the best to use.  When Joe Cole comes back I just can't see him getting too many games, which would be a real shame because I've always thought he was a very good player.

DennistheMenace

You talk about a squad and that is something that will hinder Liverpool this season (again)

If Torres gets injured that leaves Kuyt, Babel, Ngog, hardly inspiring.

If Gerrard gets injured they are in real shit, Lucas is decent cover but no more and the Italian will need time to adapt.

Really thought Rafa would have spent a bit more to strengthen his squad.

In fairness I think Benayoun and Aurelio would walk into most other sides in the league and are excellent backup.  But I think you're right, they have a serious lack of depth.  Chelsea will have Alex/Terry, Ivanovich/Bosingwa, Ballack/Deco, Cole, Malouda all on the bench.

DennistheMenace

On another note, I think the forward partnership of Drogba and Anelka (if they manage to stay injury free) will be very prolific.

Can see Drogba having a big season this year and if he is in the right frame of mind then he will cause problems for every defence.

Norf Tyrone

Here we go again...

Another season. Another manager! Hopefully Carlo is the man to steady the ship and bring some stability to the club. To be fair I am a wee bit more optimistic today than I was a few weeks back. The transfer dealings have been moderately successful, with no departures- bar Di Santo, Mancienne, Stoch etc getting good loan deals, and minimal acquisitions. In addition his ability and efforts to pick up the lingo can but help.
I am also very impressed by the musings of the sport's pyschologist that he has brought over with him.

I'd predict he'll start the diamond tomorrow with the XI almost picking itself, and it's imperative that the full backs push on.

Cech

Bosingwa      Terry       Alex/ Carvalho     Ashley Cole

Mikel

Ballack/ Malouda   Essien

Super Frank

Drogba                               Anelka

I predict that we will take our time to break Hull down but should emerge winners by two or three to nil, and Stephen Hunt to get a raptuous reception.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

Big blow for Chelsea in that Yuri Zhirkov faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Not sure when he will be able to train again with this injury. Not a good start for him at a new club and new way of life etc. Was looking forward to see him play in the premiership this year.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 14, 2009, 05:28:36 PM
Big blow for Chelsea in that Yuri Zhirkov faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Not sure when he will be able to train again with this injury. Not a good start for him at a new club and new way of life etc. Was looking forward to see him play in the premiership this year.

I think he's only out a week or so Archie.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Archie Mitchell

Really? Read that they wernt sure what was going on and he was having a lot of pain in the knee while running.

Also, was reading on the City forums (not the best source I know but) that Sturridge has threw the toys out of the pram already and is not a happy camper.