The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

So Sturridge signs...
... that's two signings in two days. This reminds me of Roman's arrival. I'd say tomorrow Ribery, Sunday Pato, Monday is Villa, Dean Windass on Tues and pre season on Wednesday. Sorted.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 03, 2009, 06:17:53 PM
So Sturridge signs...
... that's two signings in two days. This reminds me of Roman's arrival. I'd say tomorrow Ribery, Sunday Pato, Monday is Villa, Dean Windass on Tues and pre season on Wednesday. Sorted.

What's the craic with Sturridge? never seen him play but surely if he was any good he would have played a bit more for citee

under the bar

QuoteQuestions that need to be asked of UEFA

Perhaps Chelsea should start asking a few questions of themselves given the reported disgraceful behaviour of their management, officials and fans surrounding their failures in CL in recent years?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: under the bar on July 03, 2009, 11:58:17 PM
QuoteQuestions that need to be asked of UEFA

Perhaps Chelsea should start asking a few questions of themselves given the reported disgraceful behaviour of their management, officials and fans surrounding their failures in CL in recent years?

You're probably right to an extent, but it doesn't mean the relevant questions cannot be asked of an biased organisation.

Norf Tyrone

Gooooood morning Carlo Ancellotti....

.... and it's a big welcome to Yuri Zhirkov.

Doogie Browser

What of John Terry then?
Sky sports news were saying that his silence over the Man City link hints at an interest from him to listen at least?...

Archie Mitchell

John Terry and Mark Hughes were on holiday in the same resort last week in Dubai, before City's bid went in on Thursday night.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 06, 2009, 11:17:26 AM
What of John Terry then?
Sky sports news were saying that his silence over the Man City link hints at an interest from him to listen at least?...

Personally. I think it's shite, but who knows. What about Ashley Young's silence about his move to the Bridge, or Mascherano's silence about heading to Barce. Players can't come out every time there is speculation and deny the links. Otherwise they'd be in front of the press every day.

What I do know, is that Chelsea should report City to the FA at this stage. Chelsea have quite rightly been hauled over the coals for misbehaviour in the transfer market, and what City (Reportedly) are doing now breaks FA laws.

Archie Mitchell

I think I read somewhere that City seem to think they have acted accordingly. Not sure how they work that out though.

I think its fair to say though that all players are tapped up in some way. Some more so than others.

Archie Mitchell

Been here before with City offering big money and wages, but not sure it would be enough to tempt Terry away from the Bridge. He is Chelsea through and through and hard to see him leave this late in his career.

Good article on Chelsea's own Peter K. That man is a clown.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1197668/Chelsea-s-Peter-K-funnier-original.html

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 06, 2009, 02:29:31 PM
I think I read somewhere that City seem to think they have acted accordingly. Not sure how they work that out though.

I think its fair to say though that all players are tapped up in some way. Some more so than others.

I think there is a rule that states that clubs must NOT bid for a player after the other club categorically state that he is not for sale. It's sort of anti-unsettling clause.

Minder

What do you make of Terry pimping himself to City Norf? Leverage for a new deal at Chelsea or head turned by a possible £250k p/w ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on July 13, 2009, 01:06:30 PM
What do you make of Terry pimping himself to City Norf? Leverage for a new deal at Chelsea or head turned by a possible £250k p/w ?

Sorry I was away all day. What happened today? What did Terry say?

Archie Mitchell

He hasn't said anything which is adding to the rumours. Think he met with the club on Saturday to discuss his future. It seems a bit odd that him or Chelsea hasn't come out to say that he's staying. From what I've read, he has become disillusioned with Chelsea constantly changing managers, no big name signings and a new challenge with City.