The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Villa and Ribery are the quality Chelsea need. They'll give that bit of something different. As long as Chelsea aren't shafted on the price.

My sources tell me that Ross Turnball (Cudicini's replacement) and Sturridge are all but signed and sealed. Two good free transfers to bolster the squad.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Not too bad start to the season.

Hull (H)
Sunderland (A)
Fulham (A)

The fixtures during the ACN are also not too bad.

However the run in is good craic. Last three away games are Lpool, Man United, and Arsenal. Looks like Liverpool might see the premiership being lifted this season after all..

The Real Laoislad

Drogba suspended for 4 games for his outburst at the end of Chelsea/Barcelona game
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

And 4 games for Bosingwa!!

UEFA's contempt for Chelsea bourne out with a £100,000 for supposed crowd trouble at the game. FFS.

AFS

What ever about the other lads, how did Ballack manage to get off scott free after his forearm to the side of the ref's head? If anything I thought that was worse than Drogba going a bit mental at the end.

A Quinn Martin Production

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AFS on June 17, 2009, 04:48:29 PM
What ever about the other lads, how did Ballack manage to get off scott free after his forearm to the side of the ref's head? If anything I thought that was worse than Drogba going a bit mental at the end.

What other lads?

Ballack's forearm smash? A bit of artistic licence there. Sure the ref booked Ballack for that 'forearm smash', and as you know UEFA cannot change a card post a game.... unless it's Michael Essien and the other team are Liverpool.

AFS

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 17, 2009, 04:56:37 PM

What other lads?

Ballack's forearm smash? A bit of artistic licence there. Sure the ref booked Ballack for that 'forearm smash', and as you know UEFA cannot change a card post a game.... unless it's Michael Essien and the other team are Liverpool.

Drogba and Bosingwa.

I didn't say smash, I know he only brushed the side of the ref's head. But I would've thought UEFA would've been more worried about that than Drogba, who really only threw a bit of a hissy fit.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AFS on June 17, 2009, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 17, 2009, 04:56:37 PM

What other lads?

Drogba and Bosingwa.

I didn't say smash, I know he only brushed the side of the ref's head. But I would've thought UEFA would've been more worried about that than Drogba, who really only threw a bit of a hissy fit.

Sorry.... misread your original post. Too busy to get my defence in  :D

Norf Tyrone

Questions that need to be asked of UEFA

1. A two-match ban is the penalty set out in your rules for harrassment of the referee. Please explain why you have seen fit to impose three times that penalty on Didier Drogba, especially as the player was given a yellow card not a red card by the referee.

2. Jose Bosingwa described the referee as a "thief" in an interview with Portuguese TV. He subsequently apologised for this remark. Is it your normal practice to impose a four-match ban on players for remarks made after a game? What is the precedent for this punishment?

3. We understand that the UEFA referees committee held a meeting following the Chelsea-Barcelona semi-final to review the performance of the match officials. Is it your intention to publish the findings of this meeting, and/or to inform the public of any decisions taken?

Below is post the Barce and Arsenal CL a few years back. Guess how many games Wenger and Henry got?
QuoteManager Arsene Wenger claimed that some of Hauge's decisions were "suspicious" and reiterated his desire to see video replays used for controversial decisions.
Wenger and Thierry Henry both launched bitter attacks after the game, the striker saying that the referee "might as well have been wearing a Barcelona shirt".
Henry will not face any action for his emotional outburst and team-mates joined in the criticism of Hauge

DennistheMenace

Harsh but I've no pity with Drogba, couldn't have happened to a better person.

Norf Tyrone

Well not much happening here!

Wednesday will probably see Sturridge and Turnball confirmed, with Zhirkov apparantly en route.

A quiet one so far though....

Norf Tyrone

A big Gaa Board Chelsea welcome to the Turnballator.

Chelsea turn down £30 million bid for Terry.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 03, 2009, 01:56:03 AM
A big Gaa Board Chelsea welcome to the Turnballator.

Chelsea turn down £30 million bid for Terry.

I don't know what City are playing at trying to bid for Terry  :o

Even if they offer to double his salary, not a chance he will leave Chelsea.

Good luck with Sturridge, great player but has a stinking attitude.