The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

I think my Sat Nav is broke last night, I typed in Chelsea and it said I was 1 minute from Rome! ;D ;D

A Quinn Martin Production

Chelsea have no "class"??

From the Guardian

The Barcelona coach, Pep Guardiola, has praised John Terry for his behaviour after last night's semi-final defeat. Despite Terry's disappointment at Andrés Iniesta's late equaliser to put the Spanish side in the final, the Chelsea captain visited the Barcelona dressing room and shook hands with each member of their playing and coaching staff.

It was an act of sportsmanship for which the Barça team and staff applauded him out of the room. "I want to thank John Terry for coming into the dressing room and congratulating us," Guardiola said. "He's a true gentleman."

Nice move by Terry :)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nifan

Saw Frank Lampard congratulate Iniesta on the pitch as well - in contrast to some of the other lads.

For some reason ive had a dislike of Lampard in the past (probably due to a mate having constant arguments with me about him vs Gerrard) but ive warmed to him over the likes of this and the thing with the radio dj.

Our Nail Loney

Heard something about that dj story, what was it exactly? And who was the DJ?

irunthev

Quote from: nifan on May 07, 2009, 04:28:31 PM
Saw Frank Lampard congratulate Iniesta on the pitch as well - in contrast to some of the other lads.

For some reason ive had a dislike of Lampard in the past (probably due to a mate having constant arguments with me about him vs Gerrard) but ive warmed to him over the likes of this and the thing with the radio dj.

Lampard was described by Mourinho as the most complete professional he had ever worked with. He seems like a sound bloke and the consistency of his play would suggest that he takes himself and his football very seriously, unlike that half-wit team mate of his who wears the No11

Quote from: irunthev on May 07, 2009, 04:36:11 PM
Quote from: nifan on May 07, 2009, 04:28:31 PM

Lampard was described by Mourinho as the most complete professional he had ever worked with. He seems like a sound bloke and the consistency of his play would suggest that he takes himself and his football very seriously, unlike that half-wit team mate of his who wears the No11

Sadly for a Chelsea fan I have to concur with this.

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 07, 2009, 04:34:42 PM
Heard something about that dj story, what was it exactly? And who was the DJ?

I'll be as succinct as I can ONL.  Lampard breaks up with girlfriend.  Girlfriend out on the blatter makes comment about Lampard living in their old house while she and their two kids are in a small flat.  This is picked up by some of the tabloids.  Turns out girlfriend was mouthing a bit as this is a temporary arrangement she agreed to since the £3mill apartment Lampard bought for her and the kids is not quite ready yet.  A DJ on some London station picks up the paper and reports that people who do that sort of thing are scum and beneath contempt etc, etc.  Unbeknownst to him Lampards sister is listening to the show and before you can say "last minute goal" Lampard rings in to the show and goes through the DJ for a short cut.  You'll find it on YouTube.

orangeman

Blues captain John Terry, who also strongly remonstrated with Ovrebo, defended the reactions of the Chelsea players and Drogba in particular.

"I am fully behind Didier for the way he reacted," declared Terry. "The man wants to win. You can see the passion that he played with during the game and the passion afterwards.

"People are saying we shouldn't have reacted the way we did but the fact is, six decisions went against us in front of 40,000 people. And for the ref to not give one of them is unusual."

The central defender also condemned the decision to select Ovrebo for such a high-profile tie.

Meanwhile, defender Jose Bosingwa issued a statement on Thursday to retract comments made in a Portuguese TV interview in which he described Orvebo as a "thief".

Bosingwa said: "We were all very disappointed and frustrated after the game, but I regret describing the referee as a thief.

"Having had some time to reflect, I would like to withdraw those comments."

orangeman

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 07, 2009, 04:24:51 PM

From the Guardian

The Barcelona coach, Pep Guardiola, has praised John Terry for his behaviour after last night's semi-final defeat. Despite Terry's disappointment at Andrés Iniesta's late equaliser to put the Spanish side in the final, the Chelsea captain visited the Barcelona dressing room and shook hands with each member of their playing and coaching staff.

It was an act of sportsmanship for which the Barça team and staff applauded him out of the room. "I want to thank John Terry for coming into the dressing room and congratulating us," Guardiola said. "He's a true gentleman."

Did he say that he hoped they went on and beat those United c---ts  ?  ;)

Quote from: orangeman on May 07, 2009, 05:02:07 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 07, 2009, 04:24:51 PM

From the Guardian

Did he say that he hoped they went on and beat those United c---ts  ?  ;)

Possibly though it might have lost a bit in translation into Catalan

Quote from: orangeman on May 07, 2009, 05:00:53 PM
Blues captain John Terry, who also strongly remonstrated with Ovrebo, defended the reactions of the Chelsea players and Drogba in particular.

"I am fully behind Didier for the way he reacted," declared Terry. "The man wants to win. You can see the passion that he played with during the game and the passion afterwards.

"People are saying we shouldn't have reacted the way we did but the fact is, six decisions went against us in front of 40,000 people. And for the ref to not give one of them is unusual."

The central defender also condemned the decision to select Ovrebo for such a high-profile tie.

Meanwhile, defender Jose Bosingwa issued a statement on Thursday to retract comments made in a Portuguese TV interview in which he described Orvebo as a "thief".

Bosingwa said: "We were all very disappointed and frustrated after the game, but I regret describing the referee as a thief.

Again good move by Bosingwa...no way was the ref a thief...a total incompetent, yes, a thief, no ;)

Ping Pong Santa

Should the amount of people watching have an impact on what way a decision goes?

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 07, 2009, 05:22:05 PM

Should the amount of people watching have an impact on what way a decision goes?

Not necessarily but if you think the ref was a muppet then the number of corroborative witnesses who support your view might add some weight to your argument ;)

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 07, 2009, 05:31:14 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 07, 2009, 05:22:05 PM

Not necessarily but if you think the ref was a muppet then the number of corroborative witnesses who support your view might add some weight to your argument ;)

There is nothing there to suggest that is what he is implying. Sure there were millions witnessing it on their TV's.

Capt Pat

It is the same every time an English team is knocked out of a big tournament it has to be the refs fault. I heard that the ref had to be smuggled out of the country today by police after receivng death threats. That is just plain ridiculous. I was listening to BBC radio 5 today and they had some posh football pundit on saying that Chelsea should have had at least 2 penalties and quite possibly 3 or 4 penalties. I mean come down to earth a bit ffs.