The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irunthev

If you consider how poor most of us rate Barcelona's chances against Utd, it makes you wonder how weak La Liga is considering that Barcelona are 25 points ahead of the third placed teams. I think the reason they have scored 100 league goals this season is as much to do with the quaity of the defences they are playing against as it has to do with the magic of Henry, Eto'o and Messi.

A Quinn Martin Production

@ Main St...can't do this multi quote thing, yours in italics

Barca so far in  La Liga, 100 goals scored, 28 conceded   (so much for the myth of the weak Barca defense)

Not many Chelseas or Man Utds in La Liga.  Their defence was like a Swiss cheese last night and with a bit more composure and I admit, skill, Chelsea would have scored three.

Widely acknowledged to have some of the best players in the world, playing scintillating, close control, one touch football with telepathic like distribution.

One shot in 95mins

watching Messi makes you realise what a brilliant player he is

Never said he wasn't good, just not outstanding over the two games against Chelsea.  I'm sure he's brilliant against Getafe and Recreativo Huelva.  But I'll say without fear of contradiciton he's not fit to walk in Maradona's shadow...yet

Barca let in a few more goals in the CL than MU, but have scored a bucket full more.  With no Fletcher MU have to win the ball from Barca

If Chelsea can create half a dozen good chances against Barca's none, then Utd will score at least a couple

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Main Street

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on May 07, 2009, 01:06:35 PM

Never said he wasn't good, just not outstanding over the two games against Chelsea.  I'm sure he's brilliant against Getafe and Recreativo Huelva.  But I'll say without fear of contradiciton he's not fit to walk in Maradona's shadow...yet
When Chelsea set themselves up like a San Marino then Barca's game is going to have to be patient.
No need for the condescension over La Liga. They use to say that about Larsson and who cares about comparing Messi to another legend from another time.
The similarity with Maradonna is with Messi's passing ability.

You might have noticed that Barca's and Messi's  reputation is supported by their CL record this season, ie if you could have  dragged yourself away from watching the EPL teams.
Messi is the outstanding dribbler (with supreme ball retention ability), on the planet right now. Does he ever lose the ball?  Not only that, he plays for the team, hardly ever hogs the ball and has an uncanny understanding with Iniesta and Xavi. Messi will draw 2 3 and 4 of the defense towards him and pop the ball over to his mates.
Same last night, totally unselfish, brilliantly laid on the the winner.

BTW  I rate Drogba as an outstanding brilliant skillfull player, a  hard working team player who I just love to watch.
i don't care for his histrionics but they don't affect my appreciation of his ability.

Norf Tyrone

Agree with most what AQMP states there over the last thread or two.

I haven't really too much more to add on the match, but you get a good perspective on the maturity of posters on occasions like this. Unfortunately my temperment isn't where it should be and I get dragged to idiot level on occasions.

The Drogba thing is frustrating, and my sentiments are similar to that that the Mancs have shown the last 24 months with Ronaldo. When he is on his game, as a fan you tend to put up with the antics. However there is a stage where enough is enough. It's not his outburst last night as such, as I knew exactly how he felt, but it's the improvisation shall we say.
Unfortunatly we don't have enough strength at boardroom level to deal with this. In other words, Kenyon, Buck et all should be intervening whenever the image of the club is at risk.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 07, 2009, 01:42:43 PM
Agree with most what AQMP states there over the last thread or two.

I haven't really too much more to add on the match, but you get a good perspective on the maturity of posters on occasions like this. Unfortunately my temperment isn't where it should be and I get dragged to idiot level on occasions.

The Drogba thing is frustrating, and my sentiments are similar to that that the Mancs have shown the last 24 months with Ronaldo. When he is on his game, as a fan you tend to put up with the antics. However there is a stage where enough is enough. It's not his outburst last night as such, as I knew exactly how he felt, but it's the improvisation shall we say.
Unfortunatly we don't have enough strength at boardroom level to deal with this. In other words, Kenyon, Buck et all should be intervening whenever the image of the club is at risk.

I know you are, but what am I.

Norf Tyrone

I think it's the next sentance you should've quoted PPS.

Ping Pong Santa

Rossie11

QuoteWhen Chelsea set themselves up like a San Marino
Bit harsh.. Bolton under Big Sam maybe..

Ping Pong Santa

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 07, 2009, 01:56:54 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 07, 2009, 01:47:58 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 07, 2009, 01:46:13 PM

So's your face.

That doesn't make sense.

Thank feck you said that, as I was sitting here thinking... what?

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 07, 2009, 01:58:32 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 07, 2009, 01:56:54 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on May 07, 2009, 01:47:58 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 07, 2009, 01:46:13 PM

So's your face.

That doesn't make sense.

So's your face always makes sense.

So's your face.

:D It's from a Scrubs episode.  The Todd understands you Ping Pong.  High Five
In your Endo!

The Real Laoislad

Drogba's rant at the Ref last night was nothing compared to the legend John Aldridge's abuse of the official at the Mexico game in the World Cup '94  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSJVL74OlQk
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gallsman

Messi wasn't as brilliant as he can be over the two legs, but is it just me or was he pissing on Evra in the semi-final last year whilst injured? As an 18 year old was he not "taken out" by Chelsea, for which Del Horno got sent off? A few bad games do not make him a bad player or over-hyped. He tore Bayern (a team who know a thing or two about defending) to shreds a few weeks ago. He's the real deal.