The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 06, 2009, 11:30:00 PM

I am not a football expert but have been watching football for years but that was a dive where he tripped himself up. A blatant case of simulation.

Mmm, quote of the year?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Honestly lads and I'm no fan of Chelsea as NT will testify, they couldn't have been any more ridden even if they were in the George tonight. Players react all the time and in such an emotive ending why wouldn't they go ballastic especially when many of the Chelsea players mightn't get a chance to compete in a CL final again. The game itself was a much better spectacle than last nights but Chelsea just weren't as clinical as Man U, penalty appeals aside they had chances and just didn't take them.

Sill for the neutral Man U v Barca is a lot more appealing so will be grateful for that.

UEFA will come down hard on Chelsea, Drogba and Ballack will probably get match bans.
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

I don't think Cech was at fault Doogie in any way to be honest. Maybe if I see it again, I'll reconsider. Essien probably at fault, but it was a tired clearance, and I noticed on 85 minutes, how f**ked Lampard, Malouda and Essien looked.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Stalin

if ballack had just stood up here, i dont believe he would have been so incensed at that final penalty denial  ::)
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

ONeill

As much as I'd love to find fault with Lardlampard, his touch was brilliant tonight. His through balls whilst off-balance was as good as any midfielder in Europe.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 11:48:23 PM
First time seeing the goal, why did Ballack duck?

He was spreading himself for the low drive I'd guess.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Stalin on May 06, 2009, 11:45:33 PM

if ballack had just stood up here, i dont believe he would have been so incensed at that final penalty denial  ::)

Thought Lampard made a poor effort to get back as well for the goal.
#newbridgeornowhere

Stalin

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2009, 11:49:23 PM

He seems more worried about getting hit with the ball than any low drive

orangeman

Quote from: Stalin on May 06, 2009, 11:45:33 PM

Did Ballack think he was facing a firing squad or what ???

corn02

Don't think so Norf, he turns his body away from the ball and ducks a bit, I think he has to take a bit of the blame there.

Brace yourself for a few days of smiley faces on here Norf.

At least your posts are reasoned and well thought out.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2009, 11:55:36 PM

Don't think so Norf, he turns his body away from the ball and ducks a bit, I think he has to take a bit of the blame there.

Brace yourself for a few days of smiley faces on here Norf.

At least your posts are reasoned and well thought out.

Oh I know. There are only a few posters whos opinions are reasoned enough (Or witty) for me to take seriously.

Anyhow bed time beckons, and a day of sympathy from my colleagues.

My anger has subsided a wee bit at this stage, and I can look back at 'boring', 'defensive' Chelsea's Euro run that included a 4 goal clinker with Juve, a stunning 3 goal salvo in Anfield, being involved in one of the greatest CL games ever, and blunting (almost) the so-called world's greatest attacking threat, and only a ref can knock us off the rails.

Gotta be proud.

KTBFFH

Stalin

Main Street

Any team who would react like that would deserve the same ridicule and censure that will certainly be heaped Chelsea's way
The refs are emasculated in soccer. It's about time they were allowed to dish out yellows and red cards for challenges to their authority.
You'd think that soccer players were a special breed apart from the rest of the sporting community with the way they assume they have a prerogative to moan at the ref, with every decision.

Over the 2 legs Barcelona deserved it. The late goal was justice served, ice cold.