The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteHow many of those penalties would Manchester United have been given if they had been playing at home.

But for blatant refereeing mistakes regarding penalties & disallowed legitimate goals United would have won the Treble last year, the double the year before and would be on for a Quintuple this year.   ::)

Midman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2009, 11:15:35 PM
Gotta start by saying that Chelsea's players at the end were out or order, but O'Neill hit the thing bacng on the head. We cry every week as players lift £100k and don't give a shite. We say that they don't care like the fans do.

Will anyone who is a fan of their club, honestly tell me that you've just played 180 minutes against one of Europe's so called great sides. You're leading one nil, and have been frustrated by the fact that the ref has turned down not one, not two, but four good penalty kicks (I have been watching football all my life, and I don't think that I have ever seen that before), and then Barce nick one.

So would none of you react like the Chelsea players did? What would Rooney, Ronaldo, Mascherano, Fabregas etc have done. FFS United players a few years back chased Andy Durso around the pitch because a decision went against them.

I said earlier today that Chelsea needed a good ref. We didn't get him. Yes there was some diving by the Chelsea players, but there was also a fair bit from the Barce players, as there is a fair bit by Ronaldo. It happens. It shouldn't. The ref was awful. So awful I really got to question his impartiality. Malouda was fouled by Alves inside the box, Abidal pulled then kicked Drogba, Pique batted one away with his hand, and then Ballack's last minute was also blocked by the hand. All penalties. Every one.

People will say, aye but Abidal didn't foul Anelka. You're right. Contact was accidental... and the linesman flagged it.

I know people will shout paranoia, but when UEFA call the Chelsea manager 'the enemy of football', the ghost goal at Anfield, Drogba's phantom red card at Nou Camp that was preceeded by Rijkard going into the ref's room at half time, and the ref's failure to red card Ferdinand last year.... and then this you do get fucked off.

As for the game. I thought Chelsea were brilliant. 90 odd minutes of hard work, that restricted the team that have scored 160 odd goals to not a f**king sniff until Iniesta's shot. Malouda was fantastic, and worked up and down the line all night. All this talk of Messi, and it was Frank Lampard's vision that lit the night up for me. The only team creating anything was Chelsea. Eto, Messi etc were boxed up and put to bed.

Anyhow I'll probably go off on a tangent, and I am sure there will be the usual witty replies (Can't wait).

Last thing... Congratulations to Manchester United on winning the CL. They'll outclass that lot.

Im with you apart from that one, the consequences of not giving that goal would have been worse for Chelsea. Even as a big Barça fan i was gutted for your boys tonight, especially Essien who is a Diamond. It would have made me happy to see you get another go at United. As it is all i can say is hard luck and I do sincerely hope you win it before this team dissolves

imtommygunn

The behaviour of chelsea players and manager in years gone by against barcelona was nothing short of disgraceful and you have to wonder did that kind of thing come back to haunt them. They didn't cover themselves in glory tonight either.

I saw brief highlights and would have to say I didn't think Drogba's was a penalty however Pique definitely handled and one of the other one's had a good shout.

The ghost goal at anfield is also something which annoys me greatly... The goalie was getting the line and a penalty was going to be given were it not a goal.

I'm not a Liverpool Man U or Arsenal fan. I was equally as disgusted when Thierry Henry made his outburst after the  Barca Arsenal CL final.

If Drogba had taken his chances chelsea would be through too so you can scapegoat the ref but they should have scored more than one.

Every time chelsea or england lose in a big tournament it;s the same drill. It's the ref.

Capt Pat

Gotta start by saying that Chelsea's players at the end were out or order, but O'Neill hit the thing bacng on the head. We cry every week as players lift £100k and don't give a shite. We say that they don't care like the fans do.

Will anyone who is a fan of their club, honestly tell me that you've just played 180 minutes against one of Europe's so called great sides. You're leading one nil, and have been frustrated by the fact that the ref has turned down not one, not two, but four good penalty kicks (I have been watching football all my life, and I don't think that I have ever seen that before), and then Barce nick one.

So would none of you react like the Chelsea players did? What would Rooney, Ronaldo, Mascherano, Fabregas etc have done. FFS United players a few years back chased Andy Durso around the pitch because a decision went against them.

I said earlier today that Chelsea needed a good ref. We didn't get him. Yes there was some diving by the Chelsea players, but there was also a fair bit from the Barce players, as there is a fair bit by Ronaldo. It happens. It shouldn't. The ref was awful. So awful I really got to question his impartiality. Malouda was fouled by Alves inside the box, Abidal pulled then kicked Drogba, Pique batted one away with his hand, and then Ballack's last minute was also blocked by the hand. All penalties. Every one.

People will say, aye but Abidal didn't foul Anelka. You're right. Contact was accidental... and the linesman flagged it.

I know people will shout paranoia, but when UEFA call the Chelsea manager 'the enemy of football', the ghost goal at Anfield, Drogba's phantom red card at Nou Camp that was preceeded by Rijkard going into the ref's room at half time, and the ref's failure to red card Ferdinand last year.... and then this you do get fucked off.

As for the game. I thought Chelsea were brilliant. 90 odd minutes of hard work, that restricted the team that have scored 160 odd goals to not a f**king sniff until Iniesta's shot. Malouda was fantastic, and worked up and down the line all night. All this talk of Messi, and it was Frank Lampard's vision that lit the night up for me. The only team creating anything was Chelsea. Eto, Messi etc were boxed up and put to bed.

Anyhow I'll probably go off on a tangent, and I am sure there will be the usual witty replies (Can't wait).

Last thing... Congratulations to Manchester United on winning the CL. They'll outclass that lot.

No I think O'Neil and yourself are missing the point. As far as I see it the Chelsea players were not entitled to react or behave the way they did. They were hard done by with a referees decision in a close fought match. This happens all the time in sports and it does not excuse the type of reactions we saw from the Chelsea players tonight. They spent the whole night diving and cheating trying to win penalties and got a barcelona player sent  off in the worng who will now miss the Champions League final as a result. They did not deserve to win as they did not take their chances.

Yes it is true we have all over reacted to a referees decision on a sports pitch in our time and I am always giving out about referees decision when my team loses a tight game. However on the whole Chelsea were not robbed they got a little bit of bad luck. Deal with it.

corn02

Norf = the phantom goal at Liverppol. Referee said if the goal was not give n it would have been Cech off and a penalty so you're clutching at straws there.

Was unable to see the match, avatars are funny as f**k, but if that is all Ballack and Drogba done it isn't that bad - unless they did other things that have not been posted on this thread?  ???

Can;t say i'm too gutted for Drogba though.

ONeill

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 06, 2009, 11:24:47 PM

They spent the whole night diving and cheating trying to win penalties and got a barcelona player sent  off in the worng who will now miss the Champions League final as a result.

That one sentence is an example of why you can't be taken seriously.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laceer

Capt Pat

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2009, 11:26:58 PM

They spent the whole night diving and cheating trying to win penalties and got a barcelona player sent  off in the worng who will now miss the Champions League final as a result.

Seriously, whats wrong with it? Anelka took a dive like himself and Drogba were doing all night. I am not a fool and was not born yesterday. I am not a football expert but have been watching football for years but that was a dive where he tripped himself up. A blatant case of simulation.

Norf Tyrone

No I think O'Neil and yourself are missing the point. As far as I see it the Chelsea players were not entitled to react or behave the way they did. They were hard done by with a referees decision in a close fought match. This happens all the time in sports and it does not excuse the type of reactions we saw from the Chelsea players tonight. They spent the whole night diving and cheating trying to win penalties and got a barcelona player sent  off in the worng who will now miss the Champions League final as a result. They did not deserve to win as they did not take their chances.

Yes it is true we have all over reacted to a referees decision on a sports pitch in our time and I am always giving out about referees decision when my team loses a tight game. However on the whole Chelsea were not robbed they got a little bit of bad luck. Deal with it.

No one is saying they are entitled to react like that. They aren't. But everyone here is in an ivory tower if they think that football is a passionate game, and they too would react like that in a simialr situation.
I don't think they spent the whole night diving and cheating. It happened on occasions... I've seen worse. Much worse.
Chelsea never got a Barce player sent off in the wrong. He did trip Anelka, albeit accidental. It was NOT a dive.

What's the differance between 'not robbed' and'bad luck'. I think it's the phrase.
You say bad luck... I say robbed. I think the team that most deserved to go through.... didn't.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 06, 2009, 11:30:00 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2009, 11:26:58 PM

Seriously, whats wrong with it? Anelka took a dive like himself and Drogba were doing all night. I am not a fool and was not born yesterday. I am not a football expert but have been watching football for years but that was a dive where he tripped himself up. A blatant case of simulation.

Is that not a contradiction.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2009, 11:31:12 PM

No one is saying they are entitled to react like that. They aren't. But everyone here is in an ivory tower if they think that football is a passionate game, and they too would react like that in a simialr situation.
I don't think they spent the whole night diving and cheating. It happened on occasions... I've seen worse. Much worse.
Chelsea never got a Barce player sent off in the wrong. He did trip Anelka, albeit accidental. It was NOT a dive.

What's the differance between 'not robbed' and'bad luck'. I think it's the phrase.
You say bad luck... I say robbed. I think the team that most deserved to go through.... didn't.

I only saw the first leg, but the fact that Chelsea kept Barca to one shot on target would back that up Norf.

I hated this whole Chelsea destroying football. f**k that, defence is as much a part of football as attacking. Hard luck.

Doogie Browser

Comprehensive as usual Norf, you always give us your honest opinions no one can deny you that. 
The away goal rule really does make for nervy endings to these kind of games, you just could not relax at one nil though, as I always had a feeling they would get one last chance.  Commiserations tonight, Hiddink as been a good figurehead for Chelsea these past few months also. 
One afterthought, was Cech blameless for the goal?

ONeill

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique:  "When we had 10 men it was really hard, but we managed to score in the last minute and there are no words to describe how happy the team is at the moment. It was enough for us to qualify for the final. When the ball touched my arm I didn't want to touch it, but you have to respect the decision of the referee."

Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink: "I'm still very disappointed of course, it's not easy to analyse the game when the adrenaline is running. We should and could have scored more, we could talk about the not-given penalties. There were four tonight, and they boys feel, well, it's a little injustice. But in the second half, we should have wrapped it up. We should have had four penalties. As for the end of the game, I can fully understand the disappointment of the players and I will protect them for what they did because they had loads of adrenaline in their bodies."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.