The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Finished 2-2, late Henry goal. Not ideal prep.

NT, what run? 7 league games, pah! Try 19.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on April 26, 2009, 12:11:15 AM
Finished 2-2, late Henry goal. Not ideal prep.

NT, what run? 7 league games, pah! Try 19.

Who do you support again?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

under the bar

Best of Luck to Chelski tonight.   Hope you make the final and we can have a repeat of last years epic.

It's only right that the 2 best premiership team of the past half decade contest the big stage together.

nifan

Looking forward to what should be a good game tonight.

Always love watching messi play - hes bound to be a strong second favourite for world player of the year behind favourite Ryan Giggs :P.

Katchit

Minder

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Hiddink has cranked up the pressure on Boswinga tonight now anyway, saying he is 'the man to handle Messi', great management?  We will see...

ExiledGael

Barcelona: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Marquez, Abidal, Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Henry, Eto'o. Subs: Jorquera, Puyol, Gudjohnsen, Bojan, Keita, Silvinho, Hleb.
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Bosingwa, Lampard, Mikel, Ballack, Essien, Malouda, Drogba. Subs: Hilario, Di Santo, Kalou, Belletti, Anelka, Mancienne, Stoch.

Defensive looking Chelsea team. Mikel and Essien both in presumably to protect the back four.

ExiledGael

Excellent first half from Chelsea but they'll have to retain possession better in the second half if they're to survive. They had to protect themselves against an early onslaught and they've done that. If they can keep it the same for the early stages of the second half they could steal a great result.
Huge chance from Drogba and he'll get another before the night's out with that defence. Iniesta is the best player on view but it's just so crowded across the 18 yard line with Mikel, Ballack, Essien and Lampard all forming another solid line no more than ten yards in front of that.

anportmorforjfc

shite game, chelsea too negative the game badly need a goal. Think Barcelona will still go through. Another dive from the master Drogba (89 mins)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on April 28, 2009, 09:46:59 PM
shite game, chelsea too negative the game badly need a goal. Think Barcelona will still go through. Another dive from the master Drogba (89 mins)
He's a hateful ****. Barca had a good shout for a pen. Good result for Chelsea but crucially no away goal.

Minder

I would still marginally favour Barcelona, cant see them not scoring in the second leg and Chelsea didnt get the away goal. I think Barcelona will be more dangerous when the game is more open. No matter how good a team is its hard to break the opposition down when they have a line of ten across the penalty box.