The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

...but looking forward to knocking 6 past Chelsea this weekend.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ONeill on April 15, 2009, 09:06:38 AM
...but looking forward to knocking 6 past Chelsea this weekend.

Who do you support ONeill...Ebbsfleet Utd!?!?! For they could probably stick 6 past Chelsea at the moment ;D
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Norf Tyrone

I'll not riposte on the Lpool thread today after Bingo bus' last post.

For the record I thought Malouda's pass that eventually resulted in Ballack hittng Reina from 12 yards was the pass of the match.

As MQP and ON states... defence is all over the shop. A lot of it stems from Cech's jitters and how this transcends through the rest of the back four. Liverpool got a lot of joy from Ivanfield last night, and he is obviously not the solid right back I hoped. Hopefully Bosingwa is back for the weekend. Terry's return will also help. A BIG week on the training ground for Guus this week.

Returning to Europe for a while... what does Chelsea do for a left back in Camp Nou? Cole suspended, Bridge gone. Fererria who plays LB for Portugal injured. Looks like it'll be Ivanfield or Essien perhaps or even Belletti!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

We're badly stuck for a left back ???...looks like Belletti or at a push Mancienne, tho' neither of these are naturally left sided players.  Essien is too vital in MF to "waste" in the full back line, I think he'll sit on Iniesta or Xavi who provide a lot of the ammo for Messi et al

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 15, 2009, 11:25:45 AM

Has anyone a feckin clue what that means?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on April 16, 2009, 12:16:53 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 15, 2009, 11:25:45 AM

Has anyone a feckin clue what that means?

I did not want to go back onto the Liverpool thread today (Yesterday) to talk about diving, cheating, and all the other shite we talk about after Bingobus' last post of the day on there. Go back and read it and it'll make sense.

I'll be back chatting shite there the moro (Today).

Norf Tyrone

Another BIG game on Saturday for both the Goons, and Chelsea. Chelsea have the advantage of an extra day's rest, but the extra nervous energy Chelsea burnt off, and Arsenal's Wednesday night canter negates this.

Last week people talked of Liverpool's great form before they faced Chelsea, ignoring the fact that in the form guide Chelsea's recent results were better.

So it would be unwise to ignore Arsenal's recent form. Currently 7 games unbeaten, and the one that they lost (Roma) didn't really matter. I think it's one defeat in 25 as well, stretching back to 10th December.

The most interesting tussle on Saturday will be Essien v Fabregas in the midfield, and could decide the game. It's also a clash of Arsenal's sleek forward play v Chelsea's jittery defence, and Chelsea's pysical attack v Arsenal's questionable back four. I think Almunia's absence is a blessing in disguise for Arsenal as I've always maintained Fabianski to be the better keeper. Getting Cech's pysche right will be very important for Chelsea.

Don't be surprised to see spot kicks on Saturday night after a 1-1 draw (Adebayor and Lampard).

Wenger's Gooners are well known as big girls blouses.  All Essien has to do is go through Fabregas for a short cut and he'll spend the rest of the game whinging.  A couple of boots up the arse for some of their hanky ball players should be a major tactic...a game plan known as the "Gary Neville" I believe ;)

mrsandman

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 17, 2009, 10:21:24 AM
Wenger's Gooners are well known as big girls blouses.  All Essien has to do is go through Fabregas for a short cut and he'll spend the rest of the game whinging.  A couple of boots up the arse for some of their hanky ball players should be a major tactic...a game plan known as the "Gary Neville" I believe ;)

Compliment for Gary, not many of them about.
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Katchit

Norf Tyrone

Great to be back in another FA Cup final.

This game had a 'after the lord mayor's show' feel to it.  Arsenal's pysche appeared to be affected by Wenger's starting X1 being weaker than it required to be, and I struggled to work out what system they were playing, and who was where. I also felt his pre match criticism of the pitch was wrong (Although he was right), as put the players into excuse mode.

Chelsea today started strangely, and appeared to have a gear or two to spare the whole way through the game. I was surprised that Arsenal didn't test Cech a bit more early on to see how the old nerves were. However the Guus, switched Essien and Ballack and Chelsea clicked a bit better. I thought Ashley Cole was excellent against the lively Walcott, but as usual Lampard was a cut about and gave young Cesc a lesson. In truth despite Lampard's killer ball for the winner, it was his ball winning which stood out today. I don't think I have seen Lampard make as may tackles.

The ref had a curious game too. He did well in large parts, but he let some tackles go that he could've pulled back. Both sides also had goodish penalty claims turned down. Malouda's collision with RVP (I think), and Silvestre's punch away both being shouts. The other one where I was really surpised with was when Denison pushed the ref, and only goot booked.

Anyhow... the end of a great week for the Blues. A Euro semi, and a FA Cup final to keep things going. Imagine if Hiddink had've arrived earlier......KTBFFH.

A good win and keeps the momentum going.  The match itself was poor enough though it was ten times better than yesterday's snorefest.  Like Norf I thought there were two decent shouts for pens.  Malouda's push (on Fabregas I think) was definitely a penalty (WTF was he thinking?!?!) and I think Silvestre was more guilty of handball than the commentators thought.  A close enough game that Chelsea won by taking their chances, helped it must be said by an erratic performance from Fabianski.  Two lesser points...Denilson very lucky to stay on the field after pushing the ref and the incident where Ivanovic was shown a yellow card for a tackle on Van Persie, that had him writhing around in agony...if you looked closely at the slo-mo there was very little (if any) contact with Van Persie's legs.

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Results in the league aren't overly important at present, although it's nice to keep momentum up by winning games, and the chance of finishing second.

A really good game today. Chelsea were fantastic in posession, and probably thes best I've seen them all year. However we lacked a wee edge in the final third, with the killer ball missing, or taking too much out of it. Saying that with Drogba, Essien, and Ballack rested along with Ashley Cole and Alex it was inevitable that would happen. At the back the second clean sheet in three days would've done Cech's confidence a world of good, including a rare but very good penalty save.
Ironically despite all Chelsea's impressive passing, flicks and general slickness, it was the Hammers that had the best two or three chances.

Bosingwa played at right back and was not really tested so it's hard to know if Guus learnt much for Tuesday night, but it'll be interesting to see how Chelsea line out.

Keeps the run going...

As an aside, big Jagielka was stretchered off today and may miss the cup final. A big boost for Chelsea, but feel sorry for the fella as he is a good player, and a honest pro.