The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Is Norf still too hungover? I thought he would have appeared by now.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 09, 2009, 11:47:58 AM
Quote from: new devil on April 09, 2009, 11:10:37 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 09, 2009, 11:03:26 AM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 09, 2009, 10:55:21 AM
Quote from: The GAA on April 09, 2009, 10:45:50 AM

Hats off to chelsea - fantastic performance. i'd disagree abot the reference to JM's halcion days - i don't believe mourinho's teams ever played like that, full throttle for 90 minutes. the pressure chelsea pressed onto the liverpool defensive midfielders was the key. they weren't allowed set anything up and two key things followed from there: 1) gerarrd never got a pass in a decent position the whole night, and 2) the back 4 had to play too much football and proved they weren't capable. The blueprint is simple to knock liverpool out of their stride.

In Mourinho's first year in charge we played some great stuff.  But I will agree from then on it was downhill.  Managed to win a second league paying some mediocre stuff.

Second point I will agree.  Expect to see Sam Allardyce learn something for Saturday!  Nullify Gerrard and Torres and Liverpool are a mid table side.

The best part for me was hearing the voices of all the Chelsea hating, Liverpool supporting 5Live commentators!!  This morning Mike Ingham sounded like the world was about to end.

Is this a new phenomenom, the importance of Torres and Gerrard? It is one thing knowing that you have to stop a player and actually doing it. As for Torres they won plenty of games this year when he was injured. i remember beating United without either of them.

Take the two best players out of any team in the world and there would be a huge difference..look at united last sunday...missing rooney and vidic and they were horrible

Chelsea were without Carvalho and Anelka (top scorer in the Prem)...
[/b]

hats off to chelsea great performance tie appears be dead but hears hoping.  cant take this point seriously it was hiddinks choice not to play anelka and possibly carvalho think he on bech but could be wrong

Norf Tyrone

Not a bad night.  ;D

An absoloutely power house of a performance from Chelsea, and definately the high point of the season. When I seen the starting XI, I was concerned about the apparent lack of a holding midfielder. I knew that Essien could do a job on Gerrard, but was worried that Kuyt, Torres or someone else would drop a little and find a hole between Chelsea's defence and midfield. Indeed when Torres was left to his own devices so early on, I worried.

However it was the best thing that happened Chelsea and they came back at Liverpool with a vengance. When Drogba missed those two chances I was not overly worried, as I thought that Liverpool loked ropey and the space afforded to the Ivorian suggested a degree of fear. Great to see big Ivanfield getting his reward for being very patient this season with two thumping headers.

There were very few under par performances in the Chelsea side. The back four were solid, with Ashley Cole in particular catching the eye. Essien's negating of Gerard has been praised to death on here, and I can only echo that praise. Lampard also sat on Alonso's heels and did not allow him to dictate. The amount of time the Liverpool defenders had to lump the ball to no one in particular, as the had not got the outlet of Alonso to pass to, ran into double figures.

Drogba also worked his socks off, not before time, but special praise for Florent Malouda. Worked hard, tracked back and worked the space. Capped it all with a great cross for the third.

I am not totally sold on the 'we are through' argument, but one giant leap to the semi final was made on Wednesday evening as another bit of 'eesttoree' was made by the boys in blue. If that's the case thanks to Reina, Gerard and co for getting JT's booking out of the way.

And another thing.... the 'famous atmosphere' was missing on Wednesday too strangely despite Liverpool's recent good form.

KTBFFH
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2009, 01:14:21 AM

And another thing.... the 'famous atmosphere' was missing on Wednesday too strangely despite Liverpool's recent good form.

A Chelsea fan giving off about Liverpool's atmosphere?  :D Now that's irony.

There was a great atmpsohere on Wednesday, obviously it died down at 3-1 but YNWA still sung at the end. In Stamford Bridge the abuse would have rained down en masse, and the stands would have been empty.

EC Unique

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 09:17:53 AM

There was a great atmpsohere on Wednesday, obviously it died down at 3-1 but YNWA still sung at the end. In Stamford Bridge the abuse would have rained down en masse, and the stands would have been empty.

Be some craic if Liverpool fans left the ground every time things were not going their way... It would be like musical chairs :D But of course they don't because they are the best fans in the world ::)... Nothing to do with the fact that they are used to dissapointment and try to cheer themselves up with a pathetic little song that they think is some sort of allegiance but the rest of the league just cringe and have a little snigger ;D

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on April 10, 2009, 09:39:13 AM

Be some craic if Liverpool fans left the ground every time things were not going their way... It would be like musical chairs :D But of course they don't because they are the best fans in the world ::)... Nothing to do with the fact that they are used to dissapointment and try to cheer themselves up with a pathetic little song that they think is some sort of allegiance but the rest of the league just cringe and have a little snigger ;D

You do actaully realise that Liverpool are the most successful team in England don't you?

You can talk about sniggering all you want. Fact is Liverpool players admit to be inspired about it so you can laugh all you want.

The truth is your jealous that Liverpool fans show a bit of support while United fans exit en Masse and get the first flight back to Asia.

EC Unique

When I blow the dust off the old history books I can see that you are certainly right but I stand by my comment that Liverpool fans must be used to dissapointment when you consider that they have only had one significant title in 20 odd years ;)

I know if this was the case at Utd I would be very disappointed... but of course it is not ;D

corn02

Quote from: EC Unique on April 10, 2009, 09:56:45 AM
When I blow the dust off the old history books I can see that you are certainly right but I stand by my comment that Liverpool fans must be used to dissapointment when you consider that they have only had one significant title in 20 odd years ;)

I know if this was the case at Utd I would be very disappointed... but of course it is not ;D

So what your saying is 'yes, Liverpool are the most successful team in England'. Apology accepted.

mrsandman

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 09:57:44 AM

So what your saying is 'yes, Liverpool are the most successful team in Europe'. Apology accepted.

Not in the last year, no
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

thebigfella

The truth is your jealous that Liverpool fans show a bit of support while United fans exit en Masse and get the first flight back to Asia.

I assuming your from Liverpool then are have pretty definitive lineage connecting yourself to the city, never mind LFC? If not then what's the difference between that and leaving Anfield and getting on a flight to Dublin or Belfast?

So what your saying is 'yes, Liverpool are the most successful team in Europe'.

If your defining the criteria for being the most successful in England by trophies won and the history books then by the same criteria should apply to Europe.
Real Madrid are therefore the most successful team in Europe.

corn02

Quote from: thebigfella on April 10, 2009, 10:30:45 AM

I assuming your from Liverpool then are have pretty definitive lineage connecting yourself to the city, never mind LFC? If not then what's the difference between that and leaving Anfield and getting on a flight to Dublin or Belfast?

If your defining the criteria for being the most successful in England by trophies won and the history books then by the same criteria should apply to Europe.

Who brought Europe into it?  ;)

As a matter of fact I actually do have relatives from Liverpool.

Anywhoooo, the Asia thing is a joke that gets betted around, don;t let it wind you up as much.

thebigfella

Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 10:34:41 AM

Anywhoooo, the Asia thing is a joke that gets betted around, don;t let it wind you up as much.

I seen that quick little edit  :)

It didn't wind me up and anyhow we all know they get on trains and go back to 'that London'.

corn02

Quote from: thebigfella on April 10, 2009, 10:39:16 AM
Quote from: corn02 on April 10, 2009, 10:34:41 AM

I seen that quick little edit  :)

It didn't wide me up and anyhow we all know they get on trains and go back to 'that London'.

The edit button is a great thing.

Norf Tyrone

Giving off is the wrong word. However when it's used all the time, 'special European nights', 'that Anfield atmosphere' etc etc it becomes boring. Especially when, from personal experience, it can be a myth at times. On Wednesday before the game, YNWA was blasting out, but the Chelsea fans were coming over loud and clear.