The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

What the fcuk is the linesman looking at...Benayoun's Elvis impression?!

pintsofguinness

TO be fair he's lookign to see if the ball crosses the line.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Quote from: J70 on February 02, 2009, 04:45:44 AM

That is simply crazy - what did the Liverpool man have to do to get a foul ?? Get stabbed through the heart ???

fred the red

Chelsea sign Quaresma from Inter 

Chelsea have signed Portugal winger Ricardo Quaresma on loan from Inter Milan until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old rejoins Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari, who was his national coach with Portugal.

Quaresma was Inter manager Jose Mourinho's first signing when he joined from Barcelona for £15m in the summer of 2008.

But the winger has struggled at the San Siro and was left out of Inter's Champions League squad on Sunday.

He has only played 12 times this season and was heckled by his own fans during the 1-1 draw with Torino.

Chelsea have struggled for wide men since losing Joe Cole for the rest of the season with knee ligament damage, and Scolari has decided to look to another of the Portugal players he worked with at Euro 2008.

The former Sporting Lisbon, Barcelona and Porto winger becomes Chelsea's sixth Portuguese player alongside Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, Paulo Ferreria, Jose Bosingwa and goalkeeper Hilario.

Quaresma, nicknamed "Mustang" for his speed and power, began his career with Sporting Lisbon where he won the Portuguese championship in 2001/2002 playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo.

anportmorforjfc

Norf Tyrone

Good singing Quaresma. There are plenty of doubts over application, and ability. However on loan means that is a low risk move.

Just looking at Bosingwa's tackle again, and it's a clear case of obstruction, and a free out to Chelsea.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Positive rumours coming out of SW6 this morning. Apparantly Roman is about to make an announcement that confirms his commitment to Chelsea.

One theory is that it's a new stadium or expansion of SB. However it's likely to be a conversion of the club's debt to shares. This, in my limited financial knowledge, would make the club debt free. With other clubs being strangled by huge interest repayments this would keep Chelsea very competitive in the transfer market bar Man City.

Norf Tyrone

Oh feck. No Cech tomorrow, and with Carlo in Norf London it'll be Hillario time! Ah well.
To be fair Cech has been in poor enough form at present.

Team I'd love to see tomorrow, but it won't happen.

Hilario
Belletti                   JT                  Carvalho                   Ashley Cole

Mikel
                               Ballack     Lamps

Anelka       Drogba             Quaresma

Norf Tyrone

Oh and another point....

I notice that Hackett has not come out and publically apologised to Chelsea for his man effectivelly ending Chelsea's premiership challange. I don't think it's something he should do by the way, but he saw fit to come out and apologise to Liverpool last season.

Why the difference?

bingobus

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 06, 2009, 02:45:16 PM
Oh feck. No Cech tomorrow, and with Carlo in Norf London it'll be Hillario time! Ah well.
To be fair Cech has been in poor enough form at present.

Team I'd love to see tomorrow, but it won't happen.

Hilario
Belletti                   JT                  Carvalho                   Ashley Cole

Mikel
                               Ballack     Lamps

Anelka       Drogba             Quaresma

That young keeper with the youths last night looked like a younger Cech to me without the head gear. Is he English or European?

Norf Tyrone

Heimann I presume. I think he is German.
He was fantastic against United earlier in the Cup, and has looked very promising from reports in general. However I believe he was poorish last night.

The lad that came on for Chelsea (Conor Clifford) is a Dub by the way.