The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

A really tricky encounter today, and to escape with maximum returns today will be a great result. Fulham's home form this season has been excellent, and their defence stingy conceeding just 6 goals to date in their 9 games at the Cottage. Their sole defeat being when West Ham visited and the hosts played half the game a man shy.

With that in mind, a good Chelsea performance should still yield the points, but it's which Chelsea will turn up. I'd like to see BFS be positive and send out the same 11 that beat West Brom (Maybe bar the doubtful Bosingwa), but I'd be nervous that you could see Deco for Joe Cole and or Kalou for Anelka to freshen the legs.

Looking at the five contenders for the title, Arsenal and the Mancs will pick up all 3 points, and Villa should nick a win in Hull. Liverpool have a tricky day in Geordieland, but Newcastle are lightened since the game on the 26th, and this morning's news re Mike Ashley will only add to the barcodes self destruct tendancies.

With that in mind.... a must win at the neighbours today.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 28, 2008, 02:15:08 PM
Fulham 1 Chelsea 0

Good man Carmen with the updates there, I am sure the Chelski fans are much appreciative.

Carmen Stateside

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

el_cuervo_fc

Gabriel_Hurl

Norf Tyrone

Frustrating day at the Cottage. Totally dominant, and had about 15 shots on target. Fulham have two and score twice. The two goals that were leaked were due to awful defending. Bosingwa gives away a cheap free kick and the defence lets the delivery bounce about, before someone (Mikel I think) loses Dempsey. The second was again shocking defending. You'd think in injury time you'd mark the posts!!

Between the goals Chelsea were actually very good. Drogba looked hungry, and was unlucky not to score, Carvalho came back in and looked like he'd never been away and Joe Cole showed sparks of invention. Frank Lampard was outstanding though, and basically did everything that could've been asked of him.... again.

However, how Deco remains in this side is a mystery. Today he was shocking. No scrap that. He was worse than shocking. I'd love to see his stats but all his forward passes, and set pieces went straight to a Fulham player. His only sucessful passes were backwards, or sideways. Reading the Chelsea forums there is split opinion among other supporters on him.

In truth, our league tilt is on the slide. Three off top is not a major deal, but with trips to OT, Emirates, Villa Park and Anfield to come the run in is extremely tough.

The next league game..... Old Trafford!

ONeill

Deco had 14 'bad passes', joint second highest offender alongside Lampard and behind....Ash Cole.

The difference was that Lampard scored 2, had 8 shots, 4 on goal whereas Deco scored 0, had 1 shot and none on target! Even Cole had a shot on target.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on December 28, 2008, 07:51:49 PM
Deco had 14 'bad passes', joint second highest offender alongside Lampard and behind....Ash Cole.

The difference was that Lampard scored 2, had 8 shots, 4 on goal whereas Deco scored 0, had 1 shot and none on target! Even Cole had a shot on target.

Where did you get them stats ONeill? I'd love to read them. You should have seen Deco's corners....

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 16, 2008, 10:21:23 PM
And Mancienne makes it! Massive boost for Chelsea's much maligned youth programme, and will help inspite Kakuta, Stoch, and one or two others bubbling under. Mancienne's progress probably means that Chelsea can probably afford to sell one of their four centre halfs in January with Ivanovic a possible £10 million target for Juventus.

If the stories of Phil needing to sell before he buys it might also mean Bridge being let go, and Ryan Bertrand (Eng U21s) being used as Ashley Cole's back up. Ivanovic and Bridge's departures would give him ~ £15 million for the Jan sales.
All speculation of course!

A very good Chelsea performance yesterday. I have been unimpressed with Anelka so far this season despite the goals, but yesterday he was outstanding and his two goals were stunning finishes. I stated that the system Chelsea plays with one up front didn't suit the French man, but the overlapping full backs supporting the wide men ensure that there are enough bodies there to support Anelka.

3 home games (Newcastle, Arsenal and can;t remember the other) out of our next four games.

Indeed the papers are full of 'Bridge to Man City' today for £10million. Good business if true.

Norf Tyrone

At last!
Some good business by the Chelsea board. Wayne Bridge has been very good at Chelsea, but £12 million (£5 million profit) is a good return for a second choice left back. Bridge leaves the Blues with a couple of PL medals, and a clutch of FA Cup and League cup medals.

However he will forever remembered for arguably (Tied with Lampard's at Bolton) Chelsea's most famous ever goal, and one that still sends the shivers down my spine....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2__3GC-gY

On another note I see some of the youngsters are in line for some time tomorrow v Southend including Mancienne's return from loan. The young lad Bruma at aged 17 is said to be a giant! Not literally though.

Norf Tyrone

Embarassing, and BFS has to be looking over his shoulder at this point.

Totally dominated the game from start to finish, but 1-0 is always a dangerous score. In addition he did not use any of these fecking youngsters until Di Santo comes on with two minutes left.

Ah well... another game on the box in a fortnight's time.