The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Another bad day at the office yesterday, and the same old problems that I've spent several pages moaning about to the fore. The SKY stats suggested Chelsea had only one shot on goal. They obviously discount the goal, but we actually had two on target. A Lampard header, and a Kalou toe poke which was staright at the out rushing Almunia.
However two efforts at home in a game where we dominated posession says it all. Yesterday once more with Lampard not playing well we are left with no creativity whatsoever. Deco's okish first two games look like they are going to be the high point of his sesaon, Kalou promised much but his decision making was poor, and Anelka had to forage deep for scraps.

I actually felt that we were in control in the first half, and so much so that an air of over confidence appeared to engulf us. This lack of professionalism then came home to roost when Van Persie scored the leveller. After that Arsenal fairly much controlled things. Despite all Chelsea's failings I wouldn't be my old, biased self without mentioning the awful officiating. Twice in the first half the lino gives Chelsea offside when level, and then allows RVP to score while a yard or two offside. The goal had a major bearing on the game as before it Arsenal I didn't think looked in it. But there you go.

The positive for me was BFS lambasting the ref in the post game interview. Nice to see a nasty side to the big man.

Hopefully we can get back on the bike at in form Bolton on Saturday, with West Ham to follow at the Bridge. I think my hope that we have a 5 point lead at the half way mark is pushing it now, so hopefully we can be in or around the leaders and the return of Essien and Drogba plus a signing or two (WIDTH PHIL WIDTH) in January can see us challange into 2009.

KTBFFH
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

QuoteThe positive for me was BFS lambasting the ref in the post game interview. Nice to see a nasty side to the big man.

Why, what did the ref do wrong?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

You know what I mean... I have explained it, or is there another veiled sarcasm to your post.

By the way O'Neill on another topic I asked you a wee question/ favour about a year or so back which I thought was a dead duck re a person I know playing in Croke Park  years back. Me...and you had no info regarding it. I have just stumbled across an old book that confirms that he did.

I'll explain via PM/emial this week.

Right back to Chelsea/ Arsenal you old sh**e.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ONeill on December 01, 2008, 11:24:12 PM
QuoteThe positive for me was BFS lambasting the ref in the post game interview. Nice to see a nasty side to the big man.

Why, what did the ref do wrong?

Didn't send Terry off for a shockingly dangerous 2 footed challenge.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Norf Tyrone

I remember a few months back when the draw was made someone I suggested getting tickets for this game, and I told him 'waste of time'. Based on the assumption that the Blues would be long through at this stage. Ah well!

It's important to start strong tonight, and score in the first half hour, so on that;

My XI
                          Cech

Bosingwa      JT           Alex            Ashley Cole

Joe Cole      Ballack          Mikel            Deco

Anelka                 Drogba

Norf Tyrone

Well today's results make tomorrow a massive game for the Blues. A win tomorrow, not only puts Chelsea back on top but puts massive pressure on the Mancs as they head to Japan. Without getting too far ahead, United have no game next week, while Liverpool go to Arsenal. Two wins in the next two will put us on the front foot going into Christmas. However the way this season is going...heaven knows what'll materialise.

If we take 6 out of 6, and the returning Drogba returns to form I would be confident that the Premiership will be in SW6 in May!!

Tomorrow's game, outside of the result, will be a memorable one for Chelsea fans for another reason. The return of legend's Zola and Clarke to their old stomping ground. The two guaranteed a massive welcome.

Minder

Hopefully agents Clarke and Zola pull a trick........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AFS

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AFS on December 14, 2008, 05:55:23 PM
Whats up with Chelsea at home?

F**k knows.

I couldn't get to see the game yesterday so got someone to tape it, and avoided the score all day. Sat down at 7pm, big fire, bottle of beer and it hadn't fecking taped right. So a foul mood before I heard the score was soon multiplied.

Again the problems sounded like they were in the creativity department. Deco again ineffective, and I'd say that a middle 5 of Deco, Ballack, Lamps, Cole and Mikel are lacking pace, power and guile. I don't rate Essien as high as most, but we have missed him more than I ever would've thought.

And to the Toffees on Monday night.............

ONeill

Will the Stamford Scumbags be top at Christmas?

# Chelsea Team: Cech, Bosingwa, Alex, Terry, Ashley Cole, Mikel, Joe Cole, Ballack, Lampard, Deco, Anelka Subs: Cudicini, Ivanovic, Drogba, Malouda, Bridge, Kalou, Belletti

# - Everton Team: Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Neville, Osman, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Cahill Subs: Nash, Baines, Van der Meyde, Rodwell, Jutkiewicz, Gosling, Kissock

ONeill

The Real Laoislad

Bit harsh,he went for the ball, yellow would have suffice
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Think John Terry will miss the Man U game at Old Trafford now too.

Edit - not if they count the FA Cup game!

Norf Tyrone

Very 3rd gearish today. In truth the result v Fulham on 27th will dictate how well today's performance was. If Lmapard had his shooting boys with him he'd have had another one or two, Ashley Cole played well too.

Drogba was in an out of the game, but that was to be expected with his lack of minutes. Anelka played in a withdrawn wide role, that I didn't really get, and to be honest neither did Anelka.

Glad to see Deco benched.

Very tricky game now on Sunday against the neighbours who do not like to conceed this year.