The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Girls, girls please!

This is a decent neighbourhood.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Despite the perceived lack of investment in Chelsea's youth policy, the rumours are that Chelsea's Michael Mancienne will be called into the FULL England squad tonight, even before he has made his Chelsea debut!!

Norf Tyrone

Oh and no Cech, Belletti, Di Santo or Alex to add to the injuries of Ballack, Essien, the Cole brothers and Carvalho! Looks like tonight;

Cudicini
Bridge
JT
Ivanovic
Bosingwa
Mikel
Lampard
Deco
Malouda the French surrender monkey
Kalou
Anelka

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 15, 2008, 10:08:18 AM
Despite the perceived lack of investment in Chelsea's youth policy, the rumours are that Chelsea's Michael Mancienne will be called into the FULL England squad tonight, even before he has made his Chelsea debut!!
Is he the full back that went on loan to QPR? If he has been called up it is purely for PR reasons and a "nice story". How can you be ready for international football if you have not played in your clubs first team?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Same lad Minder. He played full-back for QPR but is actually a centre-half more so. He is currently on Wolves on loan, and has been christained 'The Black Beckenbaeur'!

I remember seeing him in the Milk Cup a thought he was good, but there was one or two better. Sinclair was disapointing at the Milk Cup, and truth be told has been disapointing whenever he has made a first team appearance.

Norf Tyrone

And Mancienne makes it! Massive boost for Chelsea's much maligned youth programme, and will help inspite Kakuta, Stoch, and one or two others bubbling under. Mancienne's progress probably means that Chelsea can probably afford to sell one of their four centre halfs in January with Ivanovic a possible £10 million target for Juventus.

If the stories of Phil needing to sell before he buys it might also mean Bridge being let go, and Ryan Bertrand (Eng U21s) being used as Ashley Cole's back up. Ivanovic and Bridge's departures would give him ~ £15 million for the Jan sales.

All speculation of course!

A very good Chelsea performance yesterday. I have been unimpressed with Anelka so far this season despite the goals, but yesterday he was outstanding and his two goals were stunning finishes. I stated that the system Chelsea plays with one up front didn't suit the French man, but the overlapping full backs supporting the wide men ensure that there are enough bodies there to support Anelka.

3 home games (Newcastle, Arsenal and can;t remember the other) out of our next four games.

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 16, 2008, 10:21:23 PM
I have been unimpressed with Anelka so far this season despite the goals, but yesterday he was outstanding and his two goals were stunning finishes.

Eh? Stretching it a wee bit there.

Anelka's in some form though, probably his best (and maybe better) since the double season of 97/98.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Well I thought they were stunning anyhow...well the first one was.

nrico2006

I see Scolari defending Drogba a la the coin throwing incident and fair play to him.  Not Drogbas biggest fan but I hate to see a player pulled like this whenever he is pelted or abused throughout a game and decides to hit back.  Fair enough he is not 'being a good role model' but I am fed up with hypocrites complaining about the kind of thing he has done whenever they see nothing wrong with watching their fellow fan hurl all sorts of abuse and objects at a player without saying anyhting to the appropriate persons.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 17, 2008, 01:34:15 AM
Well I thought they were stunning anyhow...well the first one was.

That first finish of Anelkas was pure class, similar to his finish last week against Blackburn. How many strikers have the presence of mind to dink it over the keeper like that? Plenty of them lose the head and blast it at the keeper.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 17, 2008, 09:38:55 AM
I see Scolari defending Drogba a la the coin throwing incident and fair play to him.  Not Drogbas biggest fan but I hate to see a player pulled like this whenever he is pelted or abused throughout a game and decides to hit back.  Fair enough he is not 'being a good role model' but I am fed up with hypocrites complaining about the kind of thing he has done whenever they see nothing wrong with watching their fellow fan hurl all sorts of abuse and objects at a player without saying anyhting to the appropriate persons.

Can't believe I am actually going to disagree (sorta) with you defending a Chelsea player. I am totally in favour of players playing the pantomine villan if they are getting abused during the game. For example, scoring and celebrating in front of the away section etc. However I think when they return any abuse with physical interferance e.g. throwing a coin randomly into a crowd. That's too far. I actually think to a degree that what Cantona did to Simmons was less of an issue, as at least he targetted his agressor.
Rooney's returns to Goodison is probably one of the best examples where-by a crowd wind a player up for 90 minutes and then cry foul if so much as looks in their direction.

I note that the media have completely overlooked, at least what I have read, that Drogba received a lot of racial abuse from the Burnley fans last Wednesday night. A couple of friends of mine at the game reckoned that every time he got the ball it was wicked. No excuse though.

under the bar

QuoteI note that the media have completely overlooked, at least what I have read, that Drogba received a lot of racial abuse from the Burnley fans last Wednesday night. A couple of friends of mine at the game reckoned that every time he got the ball it was wicked. No excuse though

It's a separate issue but if racial abuse occured it should be highlighted.

I don't see how the coin throwing could be connected tho as virtually every player who celebrates a goal in front of the opposing fans gets pelted.

Norf Tyrone

I'd say it was connected as surely that was a catalyst to him reacting the way he did.

Norf Tyrone

FFS

23 shots today and no fecking goals. Again that lack of flair to unlock a tight defence was markedly missing.

The major worry is BFS plan B. There didn't appear to be anything different offered when it looked like a 0-0 was coming. Remember the days when José would make subs on the half hour mark....sigh.

Norf Tyrone

No imagination.
No flair.
No fight.
No clue.
No creativity.

Another toothless performance by Chelsea tonight. The wide boys of Malouda, and Joe Cole were awful, and truth be told young Miroslav Stoch on the bench would've offered no worse. In Cole's defence he is just back from injury, but Malouda....geezus.

To top it all off, our back four nod off and concede late on.

If our problem was simply creativity, a productive transfer window could fix that. However the club's fighting culture created by TSO is quickly evaporating. I noticed on Sunday that we are 2nd bottom (2nd best) in the disciplinary tables. Are we now too nice?

Real concerns for Sunday now, and an Arsenal side who can probably smell an opportunity to take themselves off the back page on Sunday.

A bit rambling this post....but that's the frustration emenating.

Ah well.....KTBFFH.