The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Big test of Scolari's squad coming up as the internationals provide injuries to Cech, Ballack, Ashley Cole to add to Deco, Alex Essien, Carvalho, Drogba, Terry and Joe Cole.

It means if they all fail to make it this Sat we have;

Cudicini
Bridge
Fererri
Ivanovic
Bosingwa

Mikel
Lampard
Bellettii (Holding role)

Kalou
Anelka
Malouda
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

charlie stubbs

shame yas cant go throw the cheque book at the situation!yas are hard done by ::)

Norf Tyrone

We have been a lot more conservative with the cheque book over the last year or two. Remember Chelsea have made a transfer profit this summer.

Norf Tyrone

Phew....Ballack plays for Germany tonight.
Nooo... Bosingwa gets injured!

full back

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 16, 2008, 01:20:28 AM

How long is he out for?
Was going to stick him in my Dream Team :-\

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: full back on October 16, 2008, 08:59:20 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 16, 2008, 01:20:28 AM

How long is he out for?
Was going to stick him in my Dream Team :-\

My beloved Chelsea is falling apart and all you can think of is yourself! :D

I'd say it's days as opposed to weeks. Might be a good time to pick up a bargain, but I am not too sure who. I was thinking Agger (Due to Skertel) but Chelsea play Liverpool next week  ;)

Norf Tyrone

Great result this morning for boring, boring Chelsea.

Chelsea were fairly good, but Boro were shocking. The amount of time, and sapce they gave Lamps and co to pick a pass was criminal. Even (improving) Malouda looked like Messi today. Indeed Malouda was probably Chelsea's best performer, and may get the 3 bonus points fantasy footy fans.

The perfect game for Big Phil, as the ease of victory allowed him to rest Lamps for the last 20 mins, and give Deco some pitch time. The only blot being what looked like an injured Wayne Bridge going off.

Chelsea's goal differance is +16 which is some change on the previous couple of seasons, and will count in the latter part of the season. Ironically Big Phil's system is identical to Mourinhos bar the mind set. This is far frolm knocking TSO. When he came to Chelsea although the club had been succesful over the previous 5 or 6 seasons there wasn't that 'winning' mentality that is required. TSO installed this with a ridicuously brilliant defence, and a forging of superb team spirit. That was his legacy... a winning mentality.

Big Phil has come in and copied his style, bar the instructions for the full backs to attack constantly. This added width has allowed Maouda, Kalou and Joe Cole more space, and room to be adventurous. In addition the other major differance has been when Chelsea are one up. Under the previous regimes Chelsea would've adopted a defensive shell, but BP encourages his players to keep bombing foward. Hence why Chelsea have killed teams off quicker and better this season. This is the catalyst to the games being put to bed, and it allows the manager to rest Lampard, and co at opportune times. Legs saved for bigger battles.

Onwards and upwards..............

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Two tough games in a few days now with Liverpool at home and Hull away! I never I'd say that in August. Who'd have thought that they would be riding so high at this point in the season. You have got to hand it to Rafa he has done a good job. Guffaw!

Only joking lads. I think this was also going to be a tight fixture today reagardless, but United's draw will add to the negativity. I can see Liverpool sitting deep and attempting to hit Chelsea on the break. An organised, well drilled defence at SB is something Chelsea have struggled with over the last year. Roma frustrated on Wednesday night, and Liverpool will today too. That, at the minute, is Chelsea's only weakness.. lacking that bit of guile to break a tight defence down. In truth we are relying on Malouda, Kalou or if fit Joe Cole to spark something, as Anelka tends to get isolated against the numbers.

My prediciton Chelseas to win 1-0 with a set-piece goal.

Norf Tyrone

Time for some bouncebackability Chelsea.

A mental test for Chelsea tonight, as much as a football one. As such that means that we need to see JT (10 years and a day after his debut) display some neccessary leadership. Ironically after the fall of Chelsea's home record it has been Chelsea's away record that has carried them so far this season.

It will also be interesting to see what sort of tactic Hull employs. I don't think they have the ability to sit with two banks of four as Liverpool/ Roma did , so they may have to come out and play a bit. To be fair, that's one thing that Hull can be applauded for so far this season. They have played a bit of decent football, as opposed to the normall new boys method of defending their way to points.

If Hull do come out, Chelsea will win. Malouda, Anelka, and Kalou can only operate if allowed to do so. Look at Chelsea's stats this year, and where we have struggled to break a defence down we have needed luck, perserverance and perhaps a set-piece.

Wigan 0 Chelsea 1 (Deco free kick)
Chelsea 1 Mancs 1 (Kalou header from free kick)
Chelsea 1 Roma 0 (Terry header from corner)
Chelsea 0 Lpool 1
Chelsea 0 Cluj 0

That's where the absence of Drogba is crucial. On occasions Drogba has beaten Liverpool single handedly. It means when teams employ the banks of four Chelsea are able to go long, and break things down. However Chelsea should not have to rely on one player, as United not Liverpool should rely on Ronaldo or Torres.

The return of Joe Cole will help tonight. Cole lacks pace at times, but his movement and flicks can just open things up when required.

Time to bounce back Chelsea.

Prediction: Hull 1 Chelsea 2 (Anelka, Lampard)

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Chelsea played well tonight, but 3-0 flattered to a degree. Hull were well in it at one down, and only a Bohill b***s up just into the second half killed their chances.

Negatives tonight are the injuries again. Cole went off with a knock, Carvalho went off with what looks like a fairly bad hamstring injury, and Terry looked to be grimacing for much of the second half.

Sunderland (H) next.............

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 30, 2008, 12:35:23 AM
Keep watching MOTD for a Lampard special....

Did he mean that? Or was it a cross to the back post?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on October 30, 2008, 01:21:45 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 30, 2008, 12:35:23 AM
Keep watching MOTD for a Lampard special....

Did he mean that? Or was it a cross to the back post?

ZZZzzzz. If Steven Gerard had scored it..it would've been 'goal of the decade', but because it is Lampard, it's 'Did he mean that?'

AFS

Bad result tonight. Its all great beating shit teams like Sunderland and Portsmouth by 5 or 6 but if you're not winning the big games you're not gonna go far.