The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

5-0 at Full Time.

Excellent result, good performance, but Milan were dire.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

gawa316

What kind of team did Milan have out?

Thats some score

Norf Tyrone

They were missing a few biguns (Olympics) and truth be told they played sh**e. Their keeper was shocking.

AC: Kalac, Bonera, Simic, Maldini, Favalli, Zambrotta, Flamini, Gatuso, Jankulovski, Pirlo, Ambrosini
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, JT, A Cole, Mikel, Ballack, Lampard, W-Phillips, Malouda, Anelka

Norf Tyrone

Rumours of a 5PM announcement at Chelsea today.

Kaka? Robinho? Lampard to sign?
The fave rumour is Ivanoivc to AC...but I have a feeling Frank WILL sign.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 13, 2008, 02:08:24 PM
Rumours of a 5PM announcement at Chelsea today.

Kaka? Robinho? Lampard to sign?
The fave rumour is Ivanoivc to AC...but I have a feeling Frank WILL sign.

Press conf called......could be interesting
Its Grim up North

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

An Fear Rua

Ill guess at the following in this order

1) Fwat Fwank signing a contract to stay and pledging his love for himself(oh and chelsea too)
2) Robinhio signs.
3) Kaka - which will be a great 'coo', and Id be very interested in seeing him in the prem, can only add to it (and at Barnsley in the FA Cup 3rd round too!)
Its Grim up North

ExiledGael

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 13, 2008, 03:01:28 PM
Ill guess at the following in this order

1) Fwat Fwank signing a contract to stay and pledging his love for himself(oh and chelsea too)
2) Robinhio signs.
3) Kaka - which will be a great 'coo', and Id be very interested in seeing him in the prem, can only add to it (and at Barnsley in the FA Cup 3rd round too!)

Door number one it is.
Five year bumper deal for a thirty year-old. He owes Mourinho and a few agents a few quid for engineering that.

full back

Another undisclosed amount like Shevcenko
Are Chelski trying to hide how much they are losing on players?

Manchester City have completed the signing of their former winger Shaun Wright-Phillips from Chelsea.

England's Wright-Phillips, 26, has signed a four-year contract at the City of Manchester Stadium having rejoined for an undisclosed fee.

He told the club's website: "Obviously I'm delighted to come back to City and I can't wait to get started again."

Manager Mark Hughes added: "I've always admired Shaun and he's been a target of mine since I came to the club."

606: DEBATE
Not really a top four player but definitely suitable for a club like Man City

Riise 'n' Shine
Wright-Phillips left City to join Chelsea for £21m in July 2005, but struggled to hold down a regular place in his three years in London.

He made only 43 Premier League starts, scoring four times, as he fell out of England reckoning too.

"To actually secure the deal and bring Shaun back home is a fantastic coup for us," said Hughes.

"I'm sure the supporters will be just as excited as we are to have him back at Manchester City."

In his previous spell at City, Wright-Phillips made 181 appearances and scored 31 times.

An Fear Rua

essien has done his cruiciate- crocked for 6 months????
Its Grim up North

Norf Tyrone

When I heard about his injiry over the weekend I had suspicion that it was worse than initial speculation.

Big blow that. It only leaves Obi Mikel as the defensive type midfielder out of the pack.

Norf Tyrone

Interesting day today at the COM stadium, as the richest club in the world face Chelsea!

Few interesting sub plots with Robinho, Sean Wright-Phillips, and the Clarke affair all being talked about. In addition United's defeat today gives Chelsea a chance to build a wee cushion ahead of the game next Sunday.

Probable Chelsea line up
Cech
Bosingwa
JT
Carvalho
A Cole

Obi Mikel
Lampard
Deco

Kalou
Anelka
Joe Cole

Numbers 1-8 almost guaranteed but 9-11 could be Malouda, Anleka and Drogba as well.

Norf Tyrone

Robinho starts!

Chelsea: Cech, Ashley Cole, JT, Carvalho, Bosingwa, Mikel, Lampard, Deco, Malouda, Joe Cole, Anelka.

Hope I eat my words but that's a lightweight, dont-wanna-know forward line with Malouda, and Anelka!

Norf Tyrone

Well it goes to show that money can't buy you success!

Superb Chelsea performance today with some excellent tackling, and crisp passing the order of the day. The key man (not the best player now) is Obi Mikel. I don't think it's a coincidence that he has played in our two best performances to date. Although not quite in the Makalele role, he can sit allowing Deco and Lampard to pass, weave and move. Essien seemed to be the prefered for that role, but I feel he is too energetic and attack minded and would have a tendancy to burst forward too much.

Some find individual performances today, Carvalho, Lampard and MOTM for me Ashley Cole. Surprised Deco got the official MOTM- good but a few ahead of him.

And to the ref.. What a joker!
Sending off Terry- Wrong.
Anelka denied a clear spot kick.
Dunne brings Drogba down when last man, and he gives the free but does not even book him!

Hopefully he has the sense to look at the red card and change to a yellow. However he has given Chelsea a reem of rare red cards over the year so I'll not hold my breath.

A chance to really put the P on the red Mancs next Sunday!