The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Henk Ten Cate just got the boot according to Sky Sports.
Chelsea must be out serious money on contract pay-offs.

Norf Tyrone

Too busy to post  anything meaningful to be honest lads.

Might give you an appraisal later if I have 10 mins.

I think the managerial appointment might be a shock outsider though.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

An Fear Rua

Meanwhile, Ivorian Striker Didier Drogba slammed the Chelsea Supporters on Wednesday night by calling them "glory hunters."

"They were many who said they supported Chelsea because Jose (Mourinho) won us trophies but they were really glory hunters" said Drogba.

"When I won them the FA Cup last season, they treated me very well like God but after the final they have betrayed me when I needed them most, in football sometimes you do things that you regret but you need your supporters behind you" said Drogba.

"If I was at Milan, they would have backed me but not at Chelsea, only a few hundreds are loyal fans who come to the ground every week, all others are not fans" claimed Drogba.

When asked whether he was moving on he replied "whether I stay or I go, my opinion of the fans will not change but Chelsea Football has given me a lot and I respect that" revealed Drogba.

Chelsea Supporters have had a real go at Didier Drogba for his "pathetic attitude" and Drogba has now hit back, the question emerges is this the end of the Drogba-Chelsea relationship?

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/25909-Chelsea-In-Decline-Drogba-Takes-a-Dig-at-Chelsea-Supporters-

Its Grim up North

Norf Tyrone

Just read that there on another site.

I don't know if perhaps he has been misinterpreted, but what a c**k. He could've/should've been a Chelsea legend, but his attitude over the last 12-18 months has been shocking. And then to say this....  ::)

An Fear Rua

"f**k Off Didier, We Dont Want You Anymore. We Made You Who You Are...

Having said that, Ima wait and see who he joins and then ima buy that shirt with Drogba on the back. Why? Because I Still love the man,.... "

spoken in the same breath by one "fan".
Its Grim up North

Norf Tyrone

After the CL final, I couldn't have been arsed to talk footy for a few days bar defend some stuff on another thread that needed to be said, so only got a chance to appraise the managerial merry go round at this stage.

Firstly Avram had to go. Sacking Jose was a mistake, but giving Avram a long-term deal was a bigger one. When you get to 52 and haven't managed a top team in Europe surely that is an indicator that something isn't right. His appointment as whatever he was in Sept was fair enough. He stepped into the breech to hold the fort for a few weeks. At that stage Chelsea should've told him he was in charge until the season ends, and then the search for a long-term heir should've been clearer.

Results on the pitch were excellent to be fair. However it appears that Clarke was taking training, and it looks as if the motivational stuff was coming from JT, Lampard and Drogba. Which leaves Avram's influence as minimal. My lasting impression was at FT in the CC final, and him standing arms behind back, with JT giving the teamtalk!

Can you imagine Mourinho doing that? He'd be there notebook in hand, pointing, changing, inspiring!

The best thing about Avram's appointment is that it has taken the pressure off the new man. Mourinho's shoes were going to be difficult to fill, and one theory is that this is why Avram got the job. Makes too much sense in my opinion to have been an idea of the board!

This is now the most important appointment in Chelsea's history IMHO. Mourinho has catapulted Chelsea to the top table (With Roman's help), and the next man must be there 3-4 years minimum to establish Chelsea's right to be there, from a current and long term strategy.

However the manager must tick many boxes. A winner, charismatic, strong, and also a PR expert. Chelsea's off the field image rightly, or wrongly needs work. If the rumours leaking out are correct, this is one of the important facets of this appointment as far as the hierarchy are concerned.

The worry is that looking around, I don't see too many stand out names.

Mancini, and Ancellotti are very dour in my opinion. However I yield to greater authority as I follow little Italian/Spanish football. Ancellotti for one would be one I could be persuaded on.

Rijkard is a fella I've never warmed to. His record at Barce was pretty good, but with the players available it should be. Erikson has a bit more going for him, but his baggage with Engerland means that he starts off over par already.

Hughes is the one who I have a gut feeling for. He is fairly popular with the press, and the fans. His sides play football that suits their capabilities, and he has done well with whoever he has been with. Obviously he still has some things to prove, but I just have a felling. The fantasy dream team would be Hughes, Clarke and Zola!

The odds keep shifting for all the candidates, which probably means that for a change the board are keeping their cards close to their chest.

We await with interest....

On a sub plot re Kenyon some of the Chelsea independent supporter's group (I.E. they are anti establishment) believe that Kenyon voted against sacking Mourinho, and against hiring Grant. Perhaps he knows what he's at after all. However if I was him, and kept getting over ruled...I'd walk!

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

I notice that despite 7 or 8 pages of the character assasination of John Terry no one has posted re UEFA finding him innocent!

And also...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/columnists/john_gaunt/article647926.ece

gawa316

lurganblue

bbc

QuoteScolari named as Chelsea manager  

Scolari's teams are known for playing entertaining football 
Chelsea have named Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new manager in succession to Avram Grant.

Scolari, who is currently in charge of the Portuguese side at Euro 2008, will take over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July.

"Felipe has great qualities. He is one of the world's top coaches with a record of success at country and club level," Chelsea said in a statement.

Carlo Ancelotti, Mark Hughes and Roberto Mancini had also been linked with the job.

Chelsea added: "He gets the best out of a talented squad of players and his ambitions and expectations match ours. He was the outstanding choice.

"Out of respect for his current role and to ensure minimum disruption to this work there will be no further comment from Chelsea nor from Felipe about his new role until his employment with us commences."

Scolari was believed to be in the running to become England manager in 2006 but was reportedly put off the job because of fears of media intrusion.

He won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002 before leading Portugal to the final of Euro 2004.

wouldnt take the england job but will do this one instead.

ExiledGael

Frank Lampard quits Chelsea for Inter Milan
By Stefano BlinLast Updated: 8:02pm BST 27/06/2008

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has signed a four-year contract with Italian champions Inter Milan, according to the highly-regarded France Football magazine.

The move will see the England international team up once again with former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, who replaced Roberto Mancini as Inter coach earlier this month. 

France Football said Lampard, who joined Chelsea from West Ham for £11 million in 2001 when Claudio Ranieri was manager, will earn an annual salary of around £5.8 million.

Lampard was one of Mourinho's 'untouchables' at Stamford Bridge and his goals from midfield contributed largely to the club's back-to-back Premier League title successes in the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons.

He has scored more than 20 goals in his past three seasons at Chelsea.

Lampard demonstrated great courage when he stepped up to take a penalty in last season's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool shortly after the death of his mother. He scored from the spot and Chelsea went on to reach the final for the first time in their history.

Lampard scored the equaliser for Chelsea in the final which ended 1-1 after extra time, but Manchester United went on to win the match on penalties.

Although Lampard was a hugely influential player at Chelsea, he sometimes failed to shine when partnered in midfield with German international Michael Ballack as both players like to get into the penalty box and score goals.

Specualtion will inevitably increase as to who will replace Lampard, with Portuguese midfielder Deco being touted as one of Luiz Felipe Scolari's main transfer targets.

Deco currently plays for Barcelona but is said to be surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.

Norf Tyrone

Looks like Deco's signing will be confirmed by Chelsea tonight!

Norf Tyrone

£6 million quid apparently. Signing confirmed...

bingobus

Thats not bad value for Chelsea standards. I'd say his contract is impressive.

Would suggest Lampard on the way then?