The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Down to the last game then!

I never predicted that a way back in the Autumn when TSO packed his bags and returned home. Still not convinced about Grant, but whatever he is doing- or as I crucially believe not doing- is working. The players all seem unified, and coming to the boil at the business end of the season. However I still can't see Wigan taking anythnig from the Mancs. I'd say they are ordering th factor 10 as I type!

Malouda looks like he might just be starting to show what he was bought for. I thought his cameo on Wednesday was excellent, and I believe he did alright today too. A dark horse for the CL final perhaps?

So it's over to Heskey, Kirkland, and Melchiot....do your job chaps!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

new devil

Yea ballack and drogba looked very united fighting over a free kick against us last Saturday  ::)

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: new devil on May 06, 2008, 03:15:00 AM
Yea ballack and drogba looked very united fighting over a free kick against us last Saturday  ::)

They looked brave and united, as they celebrated beating Fergie's 'greatest ever side' 2-1.

Uladh

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2008, 09:24:53 AM
They looked brave and united, as they celebrated beating Fergie's 'greatest ever side' 2-1.

who called them that?

full back

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 06, 2008, 09:24:53 AM
Quote from: new devil on May 06, 2008, 03:15:00 AM

Greatest ever side....................  :D

new devil

How does "one of his best SQUADS!!!!!' turn into his greatest side ::)

Norf Tyrone

Someone was asking waaay back re Chelsea's football icon winner from the first year.

Just heard today that Carl Magnay has been handed a one year extension to his contract at the Bridge.

Also Joe Cole has won Chelsea's POTY award tonight. Great for Joe, but 90% of fans on the chat pages voted for Carvalho, so perhaps Mugabe was counting the votes!

AFS

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 09, 2008, 12:23:40 AM
Someone was asking waaay back re Chelsea's football icon winner from the first year.

Just heard today that Carl Magnay has been handed a one year extension to his contract at the Bridge.

Also Joe Cole has won Chelsea's POTY award tonight. Great for Joe, but 90% of fans on the chat pages voted for Carvalho, so perhaps Mugabe was counting the votes!

How is Chelsea's POTY decided? Is it an idiot player's vote because that is the only way Carvalho could have seriously been topped.

Norf Tyrone

All season ticket holders, and members vote on it. That's why no-one can understand it.

A straw poll, if you like, on the chat forums has Carvalho at about 70% of the vote.

For the record Carvalho got players player of the year.

Carmen Stateside

redcard

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 11, 2008, 03:25:10 PM
John Terry off with shoulder injury :o

His nose doesnt look good either

Square Ball

from the BBC

1559: And another rumour... the medical team at Stamford Bridge reckon John Terry may have broken his arm, which is heartbreaking news for the Chelsea skipper with the Champions League final coming up.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Chelsea skipper John Terry is apparently back at Stamford Bridge following his flying visit to hospital for treatment on his suspected broken arm  :o
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ExiledGael

Chelsea also confirmed after the match that Drogba had jarred his knee late in the game. Avram quote - "We've got ten days now but it doesn't look good". Terry spoke two and he expects to be back to normal in a few days unbelievably. Avram said "That's his nature but we'll have to see what the doctors say".

Norf Tyrone

That's that then for the PL anyhow. Yesterday was a micrcosm of the whole season as far as I am concerned.

Once again totally dominated the game, but couldn't get a second goal to kill the game off. It looked like the players knew United had the second and switched off for the last 5-10 minutes.

The big issue from yesterday was the injuries to Terry and Drogba. Need the two of them ready for Russia, especially with Carvalho struggling.

Anyhow....preperation for next season has begun. Signing number one just announced...
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1310622,00.html

Strange really. With Belletti just arrived, Ivanovic signed and Fererria with a 5 year contract a few months back that's effectivelly 4 right backs!