The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 18, 2008, 10:05:45 AM
I assume he means Essien.

Do you think? Essien has played 6 or 7 times at RB this season, and has been- as recognised by most Chelsea fans- univerally rubbish most of the season. Granted he has been our better player the past 2 or 3 games, so hopefully he is returning to form.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 17, 2008, 11:36:06 PM
Chelsea winnin at Everton is a great result.  Now United can clinch the title at the bridge.  Happy days!!

Ah well.....at least we have delayed the inevitable.

Norf Tyrone

Sickly, and nervous about tomorrow night. Heading into the game as second favourites for a change, with Lpool having the annual luxury of having their boys rested and ready, and their fantastic Euro pedigree to boot.

Chelsea with doubts over Drogba and Ballack, and Essien suspended.

Probable
Cech

Fererria
JT
Carvalho
Cole

Makalele
Ballack/Obi Mikel
Lampard

Joe Cole
Drogba/ Anelka
Kalou.

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Super Sarsfields thinks I am keeping my head down. Nope...I'm just minding my own business over here on my own wee thread. So leave me alone until Wednesday next week when it's all over.

Norf Tyrone

Ta Gabriel.

My concern is that they had not left enough room between the crest and the sponsor for...

Champions league winners 2008
:P

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 25, 2008, 04:40:09 PM
Ta Gabriel.

My concern is that they had not left enough room between the crest and the sponsor for...

Champions league winners 2008
:P

Norf Tyrone

Well done Chelsea!

At long last I get a chance to get on here for a few minutes.

Chelsea's best performance of the season IMHO. I thought in the first half we shredded United, and put for a lack of composure in the final third could've had 1 or 2 more goals. Essien at long last shows signs of returning to his best, with Ashley Cole also showing why he was once rated the best left-back in the world.

In the second half United came into it more, but did not really trouble Cech until the last 5 minutes. I thought Chelsea defended too deep at that point, and thankfully Cole and Sheva (!!!) showed good defensive awareness.

For what it's worth I think United's two games are much easier than Chelsea's at this point. Last season United rolled over for WHU, so you can guess what'll happen this year, and Wigan will likely be safe come the last day. So that's one aspect of this weekend to keep an eye on.
I am hoping for a Wigan defeat to keep them in there. However I still think United will win it.

Great to see the resolve Chelsea have though. This year, we have lost our greatest ever manager, Carvalho, Cech, Essien, Drogba (Embarassing on Sat), Terry, and Lampard have missed much of the season. However we will take Fergie's 'greatest ever side' to a final day.

Did anyone note JT restraining Ferdinand on Saturday moring from losing the plot? And Ferdinand is to be named England captain on the basis of his 'good behaviour'?

Looking forward to Wednesday now...and to go all Fearon on you. I'll be in the shed lower!

magpie seanie

Well done Chelsea and huge creidt to Lampard in particular. Great performance and character from him in the circumstances. Best 2 teams in the final.

AZOffaly

Couldn't disagree Seanie. The best two teams are in the final, although Liverpool wouldn't have been flattered to be there either. However, that's not the reason I came on here.

Well done to Chelsea, they deserved it last night, and fair play to Frank Lampard for his bottle. Drogba was fantastic as well, which shows what he can do when he uses his strength and pace and concentrates on playing the games, rather than playing the ref.

Well done again, and while I won't say I'd be supporting ye in the final, (or United), ye have earned yer place in the final.

Norf Tyrone

Thanks for the posts gents.

I can't really say too much in reply, as I am exhausted. Not long back and up at 5 again for work. I was s**ting myself for Lampard's penalty, so I don't know how he felt.

It took everyone around us about 1 minute to realise Essien hadn't scored! Only when I turned to...commiserate ahem...with the Scousers and seen them celebrate that it clicked!

Just had a feeling that Benitez's personal criticism of Drogba would backfire..

....a stressful night to come now on the 21st!