Obi Mikel
Essien
SWP

Cole
Anelka
Kalou
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Square Ball

a very attack minded line up Norf, is this a case of bolting tha door and all that?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Attacking.......?

One up front! We should be 4-4-2 and be done with it.

Square Ball

thought the way you lined them out it was three up front, not in Grants nature that really is it?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Main Street

I think the thread title is a (self) satire on their achievements this season.

Man City won I think

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Main Street on April 17, 2008, 07:42:34 PM
I think the thread title is a (self) satire on their achievements this season.

Man City won I think

It's a wee bit of a satire alright. Hoping to change it soon  :D

City won the youf final 3-1 (4-2 on agg). Unfortuantely due to work I never seen it, but I believe Chelsea had 2 or 3 good penalty shouts turned down.

Kakuta is the great white hope from this squad.

Norf Tyrone

Phew...1-0 FT Essien

Played well first half. Moved it well, but sloppy in the final 3rd. I'll say it again...Anelka CANNOT play the lone role.

Second half we AGAIN retreated into our shell, and Carvalho was superb, as was Ferreria and JT to a lesser degree.

The downside is that Liverpool can play the reserves now on Saturday.

ONeill

Lost the will to live watching that.

Good to see Chelsea keeping the pressure on though. 4 points from those two games not a disaster.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on April 17, 2008, 10:04:04 PM
Lost the will to live watching that.

Good to see Chelsea keeping the pressure on though. 4 points from those two games not a disaster.

You mustn't have seen the Wigan game then! The first tonight I thought we played some decent stuff. Second half not so much.

Think 4 points is not enough. Essentially we need Sparky to recall his Chelsea days, and not his Manc days this weekend...

Over the Bar

Chelsea winnin at Everton is a great result.  Now United can clinch the title at the bridge.  Happy days!!

Hound

I wonder does Avram feel a bit thick having realised he was playing his best player at right back for most of the season...

A pity for Liverpool he's discovered it prior to the CL semis!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on April 18, 2008, 07:03:51 AM
I wonder does Avram feel a bit thick having realised he was playing his best player at right back for most of the season...

It's alright. When 'Lamps' comes back, he will be reinstated as the midfield general he is.

Billys Boots

QuoteCity won the youf final 3-1 (4-2 on agg). Unfortuantely due to work I never seen it, but I believe Chelsea had 2 or 3 good penalty shouts turned down.

I watched the game - City were the better footballing side, Chelsea was a collection of athletes that looked like they'd never met each other before.  Chelsea went one up after 5 mins, City came back into it and scored two fine goals before half time.  Chelsea's athleticism showed in the second half and they dominated for long periods in midfield without really making any chances (I didn't see any realistic penalty shouts either) - City scored a late breakaway goal.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

QuoteThink 4 points is not enough. Essentially we need Sparky to recall his Chelsea days, and not his Manc days this weekend...

I don't think there would be any doubt where his loyalties would lay between the 2 clubs, but again I don't think this will come into it.  United haven't had it all their own way against Blackburn recently, and I wouldn't want to have to get a result from West Ham considering our recent form against them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Hound on April 18, 2008, 07:03:51 AM

??? Who?