The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

very quiet in here since the weekend  :D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 11, 2008, 01:17:32 PM
very quiet in here since the weekend  :D

I think I am still in a state of shock Gab! I was at a wedding so seen very little of the game, but Barnsley appeared to fight like tigers, and fair play to them.

I think Grant's tenure was undermined last night on Chelsea TV, as they reported Drogba and Lampard rested even though they knew Grant had stated after the game they were injured!

A few players probably signed their exit slips at the weekend mainly Essien, and Wright Phillips!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

I meant to add..

...the big rumour now is Laudrup (Getafe) taking over!!

Norf Tyrone

2-0 up at the wee whistle. Very one sided with Joe Cole especially to the fore.

Lampard (Pen) and Kalou (Carrol error).

Anelka anonymous.

Norf Tyrone

Just the 4 for Super Frank tonight! Chelsea 6 Derby 1 at FT. Kalou and Joe Cole with the other two.

Cole was excellent, and tormented the, what has to be said a poor Derby side all night. It should really have been more. Cole was taken off with about 15 left, and completely lost our shape! Anelka, Drogba, Kalou and Sheva all on at the one time just confused things!

Anelka continues to disapoint. I was a bit unsure when he joined us, and hopefully I am prooved wrong eventually, but Chelsea can be a graveyard for strikers for some reason...Fleck, Sutton, Kezman, Sheva etc. I just don't think he can play up front of his own, and a conventional 4-4-2 would suit him better.

Still got to take the positives. Three points, and a wee help to the goal differance. Two tricky away ties now in the next 7 days, Sunderland and Spurs.

ExiledGael

Chelsea 2-1 up at the half. Apparently Ashley Cole got away with a shocking challenge on Hutton just before the break. BBC even saying it was a legbreaker.

Incidentally, did anyone see Chelsea attempting the crossbar challenge on Soccer AM on Saturday? How shit were they? Even Avram had a go.

Minder

Chelsea have handed United the title by letting Spuds back into it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: Minder on March 19, 2008, 09:42:46 PM

Chelsea are right back in the title race.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on March 19, 2008, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on March 19, 2008, 09:42:46 PM

Chelsea are right back in the title race.......

4 all now.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Don't expect any rationale in this post tonight. Totally and utterly gutted. A performance that went from the sublime to the ridiculous tonight, and Mr Grant has written his own obitury.

He took Kalou and the absoloutely brilliant Joe Cole off for Alex (!!!!) and Ballack and handed Spurs the initiative. That said the game was there to be won. Spurs got 3 of their 4 from set pieces, and created very little from open play. It's along time since I seen a Chelsea side as weak at the back. Woodgate and Berbatov bullying Drogba and JT off the ball twice, both with a hint of climbing. The problem lies in their lack of confidence without Cech behind them. Carlo pulled off to unreal saves but doesn't inspire under the high ball.

Up front Joe Cole continues to improv every game. He tormented Spurs tonight, and his subbing was a joke decision. Drogba was his usual self. Brilliant and frustrating in equal measures. Chelsea broke 3 on 2 in the first half, and instead of letting Lampard through on goal, he tried a shot from 20 yards! Essien also hit the post, and Ashley Cole came close to a wonder goal from 40 yards!
The tackle refered to above, looked a good'un at first look, but the replays showed it in a less favourable light, and he was lucky not to be red carded.

The bright point of tonight....

....FA Youth semi final Villa 2 Chelsea 3 (3-4 agg).
Watched the first half of this, and Chelsea scored two stunning goals to reach the final for the first time since 1961. I'll post the goals tomorrow, but Gael Kakuta looks a real find. Is Arnesen starting to repay his bill?

ONeill

Norf, when was the last time Chelsea lost at home? League as well as other cups?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Are you having a wee dig, as you know the answer?  ;)

Off the top of my head

Last league loss was Arsenal (2-1) in Feb 2004.
Lost in the league cup to Charlton on penalties in Oct 2005.
Lost to Barce in Champs league in Feb 2006.

ONeill

Honestly didn't know. Just know it's ending on Sunday.....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

Norf

I have no idea why he took Joe Cole of either, best player on the pitch IMHO, great save in the end mind you.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid