The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

was reading yesterday that if the deal goes through he will be the most expensive footballer in the world ,when all his transfers are added comes to over €110 million yo yos , Veron is the most expensive at the moment
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Norf Tyrone

Welcome Branislav!

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/NewsHomePage/0,,10268~1215933,00.html

The rumour is another signing iminent as well. Not sure if its the completion of the Di Santo deal or not...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

I was listening to the radio yesterday as a DJ was harping on about the behaviour of Chelsea fans on a train at the weekend. "No Black in the Union Jack', 'Blacks Go Home' and 'No surrender to the IRA' were just a couple of the songs he recalled being belted out throughout the journey from the match. I read this in the Telegraph:

QuoteChelsea are concerned there may have been a "racist and anti-Semitic" element to some of the fans' protests about Grant, whose Polish father, Meir, 80, is a holocaust survivor. Reiterating that the Israeli had the club's "support and confidence", Buck said: "We welcome all constructive points of view, but there have been a few which could be viewed as racist and anti-Semitic and that must stop immediately. It unfairly smears the reputation of the vast majority of Chelsea fans."

Unbelievable that this still exists in soccer at the highest level in England. Is it noticeable, Norf, at the ground or are they a hideaway brigade?

He went on to say that what was really amazing was their pro-SWP songs as well. Didn't make sense.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

In the ground I have never heard, nor seen anything racist, or anti-seitic etc.

Even in the pubs around the ground it's fairly limited. I would drink in a bar called so-bar which would be fairly hardcore, with some nasty looking sorts around it. You do get a few choruses of 'no surrender', the dambusters tune, and a song that sounds like an old RAF war song. As it goes though it's fairly timid, and personally I don't recall seeing/hearing any racism at any stage.

A lot of the singers seem to be doing it out of habit as opposed to portraying their true sentiments.

It's not a patch on the old days of the 80s, where by some fanzines printed the league tables, but took the trouble to discount all goals by coloured players.

The anti-semitic commesnts re Grant are blown out of proportion. When he took over from the TSO (Bows in reverance), there was a lot of resentment on the chat pages etc. Within this some people refered to him as a 'Jewish c**t' and what have you. Again though it was literally a handful of posters, and they quickly got banned.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Dinny Breen

QuoteIs that Wenger on the bench Dinny? With Keown.

:D

#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Kalou, Obi Mikel, Shevchenko, Drogba, Terry!

If someone had of told me that Chelsea would beat one of the big 4, in the post José era, without all those above, I would've made an assumption that we had bought Messi, Ronaldinho, and Kaka! But win we did...

A very professional display by the boys blue illumionous green! A midfield of Sidders, Wright Phillips and Makalele scared the begeesus out of me at 7pm when I seen the line up, but the 3 grafted and worked extremely hard, with SWP giving a masterclass of hard work, and tackling(!). At the back Alex, and Carvalho continued to question the automatic return of Terry, while in goals Petr Cech give a display that hopefully indicates his Christmassy blip is over.

The Toffees have come a long way this year, but I was very surprised that Moyes did not start with 2 up top, and more so that he didn't bring Anichibe on earlier. Everton's a good said, but as Moyes admitted post match they miss that magic ingredient. They are probably 3-4 good players away from challanging for the title.

Anyhow...the new Wembley, is it Chelsea's 2nd home? 3 in a row.......no hiiiiiissssttttttereeee.

Norf Tyrone

Song from last night....

He's here, he's there
He's f**king everywhere
He's Ashley Cole,
Ashley Cole

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 31, 2008, 11:09:07 AM
Song from last night....

He's here, he's there
He's f**king everywhere
He's Ashley Cole,
Ashley Cole

From this morning

His missus has left him, he only has his phone for comfort
Its Grim up North

Minder

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 31, 2008, 11:15:59 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 31, 2008, 11:09:07 AM
Song from last night....

He's here, he's there
He's f**king everywhere
He's Ashley Cole,
Ashley Cole

From this morning

His missus has left him, he only has his phone for comfort

:D  :D  :D  :D
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Crucial day in the premiership tomorrow.

Arsenal travel to a City side unbeaten at Eastlands, but not in tip top form at present. The Mancs head to WHL, against a Spurs side that are threatening to spark into life, and will be hoping to string a run of results together prior to the CC final.

Chelsea head to Fratton Park, to a Portsmouth side that have been poor all season at home. However my confidence is tappered somewhat by the ongoing absence of 7 or 8 big Chelsea names, and especially tomorrow where we will have Ben Haim and Alex and the back!

Could be a telling day tomorrow............

Norf Tyrone

And so it comes to pass. Crucial day over, and the Goons with the initiative. Next weekend sees Chelsea and Man U host Lpool and Man City respectivelly. Arsenal at home to Blackburn Rovers.

Chelsea could've won today, but with the number of absentees they lacked a wee cutting edge. Joe Cole deserves to be dropped, but with no-one to replace him with this can't be done. The 2nd half of the game was excellent with the game end to end, and messrs Cech and James- as usual against the Blues- on top form. Diarra showed why he was wanted at Chelsea and Arsenal, with a MOTM performance.

However it's 6 behind now for Chelsea. I'd say this isn't impossible to overcome, but when there are two clubs ahead, you need two teams to drop points. Nine wins and a draw in Avram's last 10 games...impressive still!

ExiledGael

Did anyone listen to the commentary on BBC from this game. Ashley Cole was taking dogs abuse at Fratton Park and the commentator said 'you've got to expect that when you're playing away from home', without even a chuckle. Freudian?

Norf Tyrone