The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Fair point Dinny, but I still think we can be sinned against more than the sinner. The example where Chelsea appear to be the only team cited for surrounding the ref being a case in point. We have in the most being guilty as charged, but I see it happening often (Villa on boxing day as an example) and nowt being said or done!

Arsenal are no angels either (Gallas, Fabregas, Eboue, Toure, Flamini) with players who can mix it. Tonight's game is crucial for Arsenal. When Chelsea won that first premiership the key game was a night game in Feb against Blackburn. Rovers kicked Chelsea off the park (literally in Robben's case), but Chelsea held firm to take 3 points. The pysche that gave was crucial. Arsenal could get that tonight, or expose doubts.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Geezus...today's team.

Team News; Hilario; Beletti; Alex; Ben-Haim; Bridge;Mikel;Ballack(c);Essien; SWP; Kalou; J.Cole. Subs; Rhys Taylor,Ferrira; Sidwell; Sinclair; Pizzaro.

Missing...>Cech, Ashley Cole, Terry, Carvalho, Lampard, Drogba, Shevchenko, Malouda, Makalele.

Norf Tyrone

And they say a weeks a short time and all that...........

Just 3 days after a linesman's incorrect call costs Chelsea 3 points, today's linesman gifts us the win. Kalou was about 2 yards offside when he bagged the winner.

I thought this game was more exciting than Wednesday's 4-4 draw. Chelsea dominated the first hour with Ballack pulling the strings, with Cole and SWP aided by Belletti and Bridge improving on recent displays. Belletti and Bridge are much more offense friendly than Fererria and Ash Cole, and Chelsea always look better going forward with them playing but weaker at the back. In truth Chelsea should've closed out the opening 60 minutes with at least one more goal. Poor shooting, bad luck and Shay Given thwarting the Blues.

However when Butt scrambled in the equaliser, panic ensued at the back, and for 20 minutes Newcastle could've stole the game. However the introduction of young Scott Sinclair put Chelsea back on the front foot, and they got the winner that although deserved was tough look on 'the toon'.

We now have the neighbours over the next week (Fulham and QPR), and hopefully Sheva, Cech and Ashley Cole will be back.

Norf Tyrone

Tricky one today...depleted squad, very local derby, and the Cottagers with a new boss.

redcard

Norf Tyrone

Another semi final tonight, and a very tricky one beckons. The Toffees stand just 180 minutes from their first final in some time (Paul Rideout FA Cup?), and will be keen to press on and secure the silverware that Moyes probably deserves.

Chelsea however will be decemated again. No Cech, Cudicini, Terry, Essien, Lampard, Sheva, Kalou or Drogba! However young Rhys Taylor played for the reserves last night, which indicates that 1 of the keepers may be back! The one plus is that Arteta continues his supsension.

Chelsea probable:
Hilario
A Cole
Alex
Carvalho
Belletti
Mikel
Ballack
J Cole or Sidwell(!!)
SWP
Pizzaro
Sinclair

Expect to see young Ben Sahar on the bench.

A tricky one, and it could be a draw, but I'll take Chelsea 2-1 with Ballack needing to be the main man.

GalwayBayBoy

Straight red for Mikel.

What did I say a few weeks ago. ;D

Norf Tyrone

Fantastic game!

Probably the best Chelsea performance of the season all things considered. The Blues played excellent football, and destroyed Everton for the first hour, before the ref decided he wanted a contest, and sent Mikel off for what was nothing more than a yellow card.
In the first half Ballack was everywhere, and anytime Everton got into the Chelsea half Carvalho was imperious.

The sending off changed the game and allowed Everton to ratle Chelsea for 20 minutes. However the 10 men regrouped, and went back at the Toffees for the last 10 minutes, with Wright Phillips putting pressure on Lescott to nod past Howard!

The ref was a total disaster tonight. Maybe my blue glasses are steamed up, but Everton could've had 4 red cards!

Carsley was booked early on, and straight away went in late on Cole (I think), and the ref didn't even give a free!
Jagielka brought down Jole Cole when he was the last man, and again I don't think he was even booked!
Neville was on a booking, and fouled Malouda. Again a clear yellow....no booking.
McFadden very late on took a wild kick at Belletti...again not even a yellow!!

If Chelsea had've kept it to 11 v 11 I think we would've won that 2 or 3. A tough 2nd leg in Liverpool awaits...

ExiledGael

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 09, 2008, 12:32:50 AM
Fantastic game!

Probably the best Chelsea performance of the season all things considered. The Blues played excellent football, and destroyed Everton for the first hour, before the ref decided he wanted a contest, and sent Mikel off for what was nothing more than a yellow card.
In the first half Ballack was everywhere, and anytime Everton got into the Chelsea half Carvalho was imperious.

The sending off changed the game and allowed Everton to ratle Chelsea for 20 minutes. However the 10 men regrouped, and went back at the Toffees for the last 10 minutes, with Wright Phillips putting pressure on Lescott to nod past Howard!

The ref was a total disaster tonight. Maybe my blue glasses are steamed up, but Everton could've had 4 red cards!

Carsley was booked early on, and straight away went in late on Cole (I think), and the ref didn't even give a free!
Jagielka brought down Jole Cole when he was the last man, and again I don't think he was even booked!
Neville was on a booking, and fouled Malouda. Again a clear yellow....no booking.
McFadden very late on took a wild kick at Belletti...again not even a yellow!!

If Chelsea had've kept it to 11 v 11 I think we would've won that 2 or 3. A tough 2nd leg in Liverpool awaits...

Just a tad blue-tinted alright.
In saying that I thought Mikel was unlucky to see red, and McFadden was very lucky not to have been spotted kicking out.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteJust a tad blue-tinted alright.
In saying that I thought Mikel was unlucky to see red, and McFadden was very lucky not to have been spotted kicking out.

Neville's was a clear as you'll get. He even took the armband off at one stage. Jagielka shoud've been red too, although I am not totally sure it was a free kick. Carsley was very lucky, and so too was McFadden.

In fact...no blue tints on at all, and they still could've/should've had 4 off!

Gabriel_Hurl

Sidwell's tackle on Carsley wasn't exactly nice either

Norf Tyrone

It would've been a favour if The Sidder had've gone. If you look at it again, his foot landed on Carsley's calf on the ground...an accident I thought.

passedit

Anelka gone for 15m according to 5 live
Don't Panic

clarshack

a complete mercenary and a fine example of what is wrong with modern day soccer.