The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: general_lee on December 17, 2015, 03:53:03 PM
They can have van Gaal. I'd love Jose at Utd

Are you for real? Have you actually watched the stye of football his team's play,? The word dirge comes to mind.

I used to like him but he is a multi millionaire who looks like he licks pish off a nettle, the man is angry yet has the world by the balls, I have no gra for the man anymore.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

I wonder if Chelski will try to get Pep. Or is he already promised to another woman? Very few galactico managers left now with credibility.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/17/chelsea-next-manager-simeone-slutsky
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/dec/17/adeus-jose-a-fittingly-operatic-departure-for-the-games-first-celebrity-manager

This is a brutal, relentlessly exhausting business. Most managers get 10 years at the very top. Mourinho has had 12. For a man who is essentially a self-made phenomenon, powered by brains and chutzpah, by always being the smartest and most provocative guy in the room, it has been a draining and indeed diminishing run of success

deiseach

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 17, 2015, 09:42:43 PM
Supposed to have been 12 million per year of contract. He is up there with being as hard to like as ferguson.

Always remember about him the shit he stirred against barcelona and frisk who ended up quitting over it.

His smearing of the ambulance service in Berkshire over the injury Petr Cech received at the knee of Stephen Hunt was far worse:

QuoteMourinho's version

"My goalkeeper was in the dressing room for 30 minutes waiting for an ambulance. The ambulance could not go in the direction of the dressing room. He could not leave the dressing room properly. He had to go in a wheelchair in the lift when he had the injury. He left 30 minutes after my doctor called for an urgent ambulance. If my goalkeeper dies in that dressing room or in the process it is something English football has to think about."

South Central NHS trust version

17.15 Cech injured

17.20 Cech taken to dressing room. Chelsea doctor does not think ambulance necessary

17.45 Cech's condition deteriorates and Chelsea doctor requests ambulance

17.52 Ambulance arrives at Madejski Stadium

18.11 Ambulance arrives at Royal Berkshire hospital

A maggot. He will not be missed.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Quote from: GJL on December 18, 2015, 09:58:51 AM

He had his good days....
Anyone involved in the EPL touching the badge makes me sick. It is all about the money.
GAA is about place and muintir but modern soccer is mercenary

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: deiseach on December 18, 2015, 09:06:58 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 17, 2015, 09:42:43 PM
Supposed to have been 12 million per year of contract. He is up there with being as hard to like as ferguson.

Always remember about him the shit he stirred against barcelona and frisk who ended up quitting over it.

His smearing of the ambulance service in Berkshire over the injury Petr Cech received at the knee of Stephen Hunt was far worse:

QuoteMourinho's version

"My goalkeeper was in the dressing room for 30 minutes waiting for an ambulance. The ambulance could not go in the direction of the dressing room. He could not leave the dressing room properly. He had to go in a wheelchair in the lift when he had the injury. He left 30 minutes after my doctor called for an urgent ambulance. If my goalkeeper dies in that dressing room or in the process it is something English football has to think about."

South Central NHS trust version

17.15 Cech injured

17.20 Cech taken to dressing room. Chelsea doctor does not think ambulance necessary

17.45 Cech's condition deteriorates and Chelsea doctor requests ambulance

17.52 Ambulance arrives at Madejski Stadium

18.11 Ambulance arrives at Royal Berkshire hospital

A maggot. He will not be missed.

Mourinho sometimes got the point right in the wrong way.

The issue here and he probably could've done a better job getting it across was that here is a big event, with 20,000 people in attendance and no ambulance present. Why did an ambulance have to be dispatched at all?

I read since that Mourinho's outburst caused a review of ambulance services at games and indeed it was this review that saved Fabrice Muamba's life.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/mar/18/fabrice-muamba-medical-rules
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on December 18, 2015, 09:58:51 AM

He had his good days....
Being beaten in 2 Champions League semi finals by Liverpool would make a man like Jose bitter alright.
No wonder he reacted like that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on December 18, 2015, 10:42:35 AM
Being beaten in 2 Champions League semi finals by Liverpool would make a man like Jose bitter alright.
No wonder he reacted like that.

This isn't real, but when the legend is better than the truth...

Billys Boots

QuoteGAA is about place and muintir but modern soccer is mercenary

Most grass-roots sports clubs are about place and people - it's not confined to GAA.  Modern professional sport is mercenary; no need to single out a particular sport. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

GAA is more associated with Parish though, I think you know what he means. Not sure what it has to do with Chelsea though :)

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 18, 2015, 11:23:00 AM
GAA is more associated with Parish though, I think you know what he means. Not sure what it has to do with Chelsea though :)

A 'parish' is an artificial religious construct with no place in the modern world - I have no idea what he means.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...