The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

The Guardian saying that Hidink is the one lined up to take Chelsea until the end of the season
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

general_lee

J70

On the surface, this is insane! If anyone has earned a chance to overcome a loss of team form, its Mourinho! They're turning into Real Madrid - bring in a manager, throw tonnes of money and star players at him, watch him win or come close to winning trophies, and at the first sign of trouble, out the door!

Since Mourinho last time, we've had Grant, Ancellotti, Hiddink, Benitez, Villas Boas, Scolari and Matteo. The only ones who didn't win a significant trophy and could be labeled failures were Villas Boas and, especially, Scolari. Grant won nothing, but lost a Champions League final and his job due to a John Terry slip. But all have been shipped out the door fairly unceremoniously. I guess Chelsea is the place to go if you want to add a trophy or a final to your CV, but its not a place where you'll be allowed to build anything significant. But then again, its going that way for most teams, minus the trophy part.

JoG2

Quote from: general_lee on December 17, 2015, 03:53:03 PM
They can have van Gaal. I'd love Jose at Utd

Do bragging rights down the local mean that much to you?

Mourinho and Chelsea,  the perfect match. Would like to have enjoyed a few more MotD's before he departed

gallsman

Quote from: mouview on December 17, 2015, 03:07:27 PM
Damn. You mightn't, probably don't, like him but the Premier league is a much duller place without him.

Not this time. Most fans and media are bored with his schtick by now. Besides that, the Carneiro saga removed any last vestige of him being a loveable rogue, a scamp spectacularly good at mental warfare etc and confirmed him to be precisely what most thought him to be - a ****.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2015, 06:10:43 PM
Quote from: mouview on December 17, 2015, 03:07:27 PM
Damn. You mightn't, probably don't, like him but the Premier league is a much duller place without him.

Not this time. Most fans and media are bored with his schtick by now. Besides that, the Carneiro saga removed any last vestige of him being a loveable rogue, a scamp spectacularly good at mental warfare etc and confirmed him to be precisely what most thought him to be - a ****.

I'd disagree with that slightly, personally I've always found his behavior abhorrent but while he's winning the media especially will lap it up but in a season like this they'll turn on him pretty quick..

gallsman

Maybe, but I think people just got bored of him this time.

seafoid

Maureen signed a 52 m contract 4 months ago. Maybe he walks away with 20. He doesnt need the hassle of rebuilding Chelsea and getting rid of captain leader legend and co.The money in soccer is obscene. Spoilt arseholes all involved. Zero class. The worst of sport.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Undoubtably a King Lear sized tragic figure, as the most transparent patholigical narcissist in the game, descended deeper into a state  of madness with each passing week, the genius of the man sadly betrayed by his own (not chelsea's) players who were even too dumb to follow his blueprints on how to beat relegation fodder teams.

I was kinda hoping he would linger on until PSG mercilessly kicked his football corpse into touch.

Armamike

Mourinho has made a lot of enemies over the years.  He seemed to use this to develop a siege mentality and unite his own players - it's us against the world etc.  Now it seems with all his antics he's managed to alienate his own players.  Maybe his wife still loves him.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Line Ball

The problems all began with the Doctor - apparently if members of the playing squad and management had kept it in their pants, then things would have been better.  :o

imtommygunn

The man is an idiot.

Too many mind games. When the going got tough turned on his players too.

All about me me me.

imtommygunn

Supposed to have been 12 million per year of contract. He is up there with being as hard to like as ferguson.

Always remember about him the shit he stirred against barcelona and frisk who ended up quitting over it.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 17, 2015, 09:42:43 PM
Supposed to have been 12 million per year of contract. He is up there with being as hard to like as ferguson.

Always remember about him the shit he stirred against barcelona and frisk who ended up quitting over it.
I think the older generation of managers had far more class. Maureen has something vile about him. His Real team reflected that.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Fergie aside i'd agree. I was glad to see how real treated him. Really not a fan at all. Me me me.