The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 15, 2015, 10:52:25 AM
His comment about his hard work being betrayed by the players is a bit harsh.

It's a strange thing for a manager to say publicly alright, though it's fair in principle if (as he said) he identified 4 particular threats from Leicester, worked on them for 4 days, and 2 of them came through for Leicester.  Might be best for all concerned, him included, if he departed. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 15, 2015, 10:52:25 AM
His comment about his hard work being betrayed by the players is a bit harsh.

It was very egotistical,  even for The Special One!  I wonder why he hasn't been sacked yet,  maybe Roman can't get a short term fill in till Pep joins them in the summer.

pullhard

Thought Pep was for Manchester?

Would Pep join a team, if they weren't in the champions league?

MoChara

I'd say there's a fair chance Roman is busy with the oil industry in Russia being predicted to hit circa 30$ a barrel, His hobby might have to wait while he gets work sorted lol

brokencrossbar1

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/12/15/chelsea-confirm-record-bid-for-leicesters-35-points-ahead-of-transfer-window/

QuoteFOLLOWING Leicester City's impressive dismantling of an incresingly anemic looking Chelsea side, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has given the greenlight for a sensational transfer bid for the league leader's points total.
With Chelsea hovering dangeorusly over the relation zone after successive losses to Premier League heavyweights Bournemouth and Leicester, many football experts speculated that with the January transfer window fast approaching Chelsea would spend their way out of trouble, and if their opening bid for Leicester's 35 points haul is any indication that's exactly what they're aiming to do.

"A club, a big club like Chelsea are always in market for the best of the best," a dejected Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho explained to the press after his side's latest loss.
"We cannot lie, Leicester has some of the best points in the league, and a club like Chelsea is always looking for the best points, I say it to the owner, this club needs new points, and he answers my praying," Mourinho added before spending the next 43 minutes explaining why his current squad of players are immense disappointments to everyone they have ever known.
Chelsea haven't revealed how much they have bid for Leicester's 10 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss but it is expected to be in the region of £200 million such is the scarcity of good quality points in the current football transfer market.
"We are champions, and champions need the points of champions, to be champions – this is necessary," a haunted looking Mourinho said directly into the camera before raising a begging bowl into view.

Clov

Quote from: deiseach on December 15, 2015, 11:06:47 AM
For now, every time I see a post in this thread I'll be wondering whether he has been canned.

Still there.

Will keep you posted.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

deiseach

Captain Obvious

Worst title defence since Leeds United in 1993 when they just avoided relegation.

seafoid

There must be a curse for winners of the PL. First Man Utd and now Chelsea. It can only be a matter of time before Man City collapse. Liverpool are probably lucky to have such a mediocre team.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 15, 2015, 03:56:05 PM
Worst title defence since Leeds United in 1993 when they just avoided relegation.

That was a rare one.

After winning the league, they brought in Rocastle and Sellars and lost Snodin and Cantona. Remained formidable at home but I think they never won away once in the league.

Can't recall if anyone was injured but Strachan, Batty, McAllister, Speed, Dorigo and Wallace definitely played a lot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: laoislad on December 16, 2015, 11:02:38 AM
Where's Norf Tyrone gone these days.... ;)

He hasn't gone away you know.

Give me 1st followed by 15th every day as opposed to finishing 7th every year.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

seafoid