The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Report: Chelsea agree deal for Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa [rte.ie]

It is being reported this morning that Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa for €40m.

The deal with Costa is not likely to be announced for another month, after Costa's involvement in the Champions League final and the close of La Liga.

Costa has been linked to Chelsea all season with manager Jose Mourinho making no secret of his desire to sign a striker.

It's also believed that Mourinho wants to get the deal signed off as soon as possible.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AQMP

Looks like David Luiz is on his way to PSG.  Fee rumoured to be in region of €50 mill!

laoislad

Crazy money but a good deal for Chelsea if true.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on May 23, 2014, 01:25:20 PM

Looks like most of it will be wasted spent on Diego Costa.

AZOffaly

Seriously though? €50m for David Luiz? What is he exactly? A holding midfielder? He's not a centre half, and is not what I would consider a box to box midfielder. That seems a lot of money.

AQMP

This is my source. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/23/david-luiz-record-40m-move-psg-chelsea

OK £40 mill is approx €48 mill, but yes, huge money and Chelsea would be well advised to take their arm off!

EC Unique

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 23, 2014, 01:45:05 PM
Seriously though? €50m for David Luiz? What is he exactly? A holding midfielder? He's not a centre half, and is not what I would consider a box to box midfielder. That seems a lot of money.

Always thought of him as a bit of a liability. Can be great at times but can do some crazy stuff too. Has a tendency to bomb forward forgetting about his defensive duties.

Hotshot Hamish

Quote from: EC Unique on May 23, 2014, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 23, 2014, 01:45:05 PM

Always thought of him as a bit of a liability. Can be great at times but can do some crazy stuff too. Has a tendency to bomb forward forgetting about his defensive duties.
Yeah I agree. The man is like a headless chicken at times.
50 million is silly money for him,no way is he worth it.
Great bit of business from Chelsea, how much did they pay for him? 25mill was it.

Quote from: AQMP on May 23, 2014, 01:39:17 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 23, 2014, 01:25:20 PM

Looks like most of it will be wasted spent on Diego Costa.
Diego Costa would be a great signing in fairness. I don't think it be wasted money.

oakleaflad

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

I feel sick. Getting Fabregas to replace possibly the greatest goalscoring midfielder the Premier League has ever seen. Diego Costa too. Chelsea could easily have won the league last season and will be favourites for 2014/15 no matter what.

AQMP

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 12, 2014, 04:52:20 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on June 12, 2014, 04:18:54 PM
Chelsea have signed Fabregas on a five year deal from Barcelona.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27819204

One of AQMP's favourite players.

Looks like the wee shit will fit in at Chelsea, Dinny!

deiseach

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 12, 2014, 05:38:08 PM
I feel sick. Getting Fabregas to replace possibly the greatest goalscoring midfielder the Premier League has ever seen. Diego Costa too. Chelsea could easily have won the league last season and will be favourites for 2014/15 no matter what.

And to put the tin hat on it, it wouldn't have been possible had Man Utd not bought Mata, thus giving Chelsea some FFP leeway. Welcome to the cheap seats (relatively speaking, of course).