The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: laoislad on April 02, 2014, 09:44:21 PM
Quote from: AQMP on April 02, 2014, 09:39:22 PM
Absolutely shocking stuff from Chelsea there. I can't remember a Mourinho managed Chelsea team playing worse.  Luiz was a walking disaster.
Hope they bring same form into Stoke game Saturday.

I think Stoke would bate both those teams!

johnneycool

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 02, 2014, 10:05:34 PM
I think Petr Cech could have saved that Javier Pastore goal. Chelsea missed some big chances tonight and will do well to win this tie now.  Mourinho is still doing well with this Chelsea squad, in fairness they aren't anywhere near the level of 2005,06.

Cech should have done a whole load better on the Luiz OG as well. The ball bounced 2 yards out FFS, he should be coming out and taking it rather than allowing the defensive line to get so close in where it becomes a lottery like it did.

I can see the lad on loan at Athletico Madrid getting the No1 jersey next year as he looks to be the real deal.

Even with Ibrahimovic out I think PSG will have enough, although the lack of a scoring threat by Chelsea could be their downfall. They'll need Eto on at least.

AQMP

Mourinho picked a team without a striker...a defence...and a goalkeeper!  A midfield with Oscar, Willian, Hazard, Schurrle, and Ramires was hardly set up to park the bus. Luiz was woeful, played like a pub player.  Cech was poor on the 2nd and 3rd goals and seemed rooted on his line a lot of the time.  I'm not sure what the tactics were.

Torres is finished, Eto'o was only ever a stop gap.  Chelsea need two world class strikers.  Who they are and how much they will cost I really don't know.

EC Unique

Fair play. Maureen does it again. Hard not to like him.

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on April 08, 2014, 09:38:02 PM
Fair play. Maureen does it again. Hard not to like him.

Not really. 

Well done Chelsea though. Great result.

Captain Obvious

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on April 08, 2014, 10:14:09 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 08, 2014, 10:12:38 PM
Real Madrid against Mourinho in the semi final?

11 v 1? Hardly fair

Head circumference is pretty similar (if Pepe doesn't start).

laoislad

I think the two semi finals are either side of the Liverpool Chelsea game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shrewdness

That doesn't mean that Chelsea will concede to Liverpool, does it? Mourinho is a winner and still hasn't given up on the Premier League, despite what he says.

seafoid

I thought PSG were a bit like Man City. Not enough experience as a group at this level.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Billys Boots

Quote from: seafoid on April 09, 2014, 09:00:27 AM
I thought PSG were a bit like Man City. Not enough experience as a group at this level.

Yeah, they don't really impress as a unit (yet). 

Two cracking games last night - have to admit I watched the second half of the Dortmund game; they were unlucky.  It's extraordinary what that club has achieved recently. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 09, 2014, 09:05:38 AM

Two cracking games last night - have to admit I watched the second half of the Dortmund game; they were unlucky.  It's extraordinary what that club has achieved recently. 

Apparently their wage bill is lower than QPR's!!!!  :o

AZOffaly

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 09, 2014, 09:07:11 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 09, 2014, 09:05:38 AM

Apparently their wage bill is lower than QPR's!!!!  :o

Yeah but QPR have a crazy wage bill.