The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on September 29, 2013, 01:21:35 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 19, 2013, 08:21:19 AM
NEVER GO BACK

Can anyone give me an example in sport where someone made a return and was deemed as successful as their first stint?

Last four games for Chelsea- two draws and two defeats. Early in the season yet and hardly a crisis but if Rafa had of:
- Dropped the captain, leader, legend,
- Dropped Chelsea's POTY (for the past 2 seasons)
- Got beaten at home in Europe by inferior opposition
Chelsea fans would of been calling for his head.

Di Matteo in.

Brian Corcoran.
Sugar Ray Leonard.

Cake Curran.

laoislad

Was that a guy in a Leitrim jersey when Jose jumped into the crowd after the Torres goal.
It's a Gaa jersey anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Main Street on November 22, 2012, 06:09:15 PM
As expected there was not an iota of evidence to support and  even evidence to contradict the allegation against Clattenburg

"Having considered all of the available evidence it was the opinion of David Waters QC, independent counsel, that the evidence of Ramires was not supported by any other evidence. Moreover it was contradicted by other witnesses and does not cross the evidential threshold required to bring a charge against Mark Clattenburg," the FA said. "Having considered counsel's opinion, and in view of all the circumstances of the case, the FA does not believe that there is a case for Mr Clattenburg to answer.

Chelsea manage to escape sanction here, despite yet another absolutely groundless and  serious allegation made against the integrity of a referee whose only crime was that he managed to make questionable decisions in a game which did not go Chelsea's way.
This time, Chelsea are only passing on the absurd allegation made by a player, when this all could have been dealt with in the referee's room after the game.

Looks like Clattenburg's integrity is being questioned again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532710/Mark-Clattenburg-investigated-Southampton-accuse-referee-abusing-Adam-Lallana.html
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rodney trotter

It would be surprising if Juan Mata is still at Chelsea by the of the window.

AQMP

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 03, 2014, 01:00:18 PM

I'd be very surprised if Chelsea let him go to another Prem team (maybe if silly money was offered).  Back to Spain??  I think he's been poorly treated by Mourinho.  Has been Chelsea's best player over the past couple of seasons.

rodney trotter

Yeah I would agree, dont think they let him go to another Pl side. PSG are being stongly linked,, also talk of Atletico Madrid and Inter.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AQMP on January 03, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

I'd be very surprised if Chelsea let him go to another Prem team (maybe if silly money was offered).  Back to Spain??  I think he's been poorly treated by Mourinho.  Has been Chelsea's best player over the past couple of seasons.

I kinda agree and disagree.

Mata has started 11 of the 20 premiership games this season, and hasn't be as effective as last season.

He has started more than Schurle, Willian, Torres, KDB, Ba, Eto and just two less than Oscar. Only Hazard of that attacking  bunch has had more starts of note. The truth is, is that he hasn't played overly well. The style that JM is trying to instill is pressure on the ball when not in possession, and then break at pace. JM is not overly quick, but in fairness he has worked harder on the defensive side of his game. Nonetheless over the last few weeks especially as this formation has gelled better, Mata has been noticeably less effective.

I'd prefer to sell KDB, and have 5 players fighting for the 3 spots behind the striker, thus keeping Mata, as he is a superb player, and has a brilliant attitude. However a 40 million pound offer could be tempting.

It's a tricky one.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

deiseach

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 03, 2014, 12:41:29 AM
Quote from: Main Street on November 22, 2012, 06:09:15 PM
As expected there was not an iota of evidence to support and  even evidence to contradict the allegation against Clattenburg

"Having considered all of the available evidence it was the opinion of David Waters QC, independent counsel, that the evidence of Ramires was not supported by any other evidence. Moreover it was contradicted by other witnesses and does not cross the evidential threshold required to bring a charge against Mark Clattenburg," the FA said. "Having considered counsel's opinion, and in view of all the circumstances of the case, the FA does not believe that there is a case for Mr Clattenburg to answer.

Chelsea manage to escape sanction here, despite yet another absolutely groundless and  serious allegation made against the integrity of a referee whose only crime was that he managed to make questionable decisions in a game which did not go Chelsea's way.
This time, Chelsea are only passing on the absurd allegation made by a player, when this all could have been dealt with in the referee's room after the game.

Looks like Clattenburg's integrity is being questioned again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532710/Mark-Clattenburg-investigated-Southampton-accuse-referee-abusing-Adam-Lallana.html

And looks like it's as big a pile of dung now as it was then.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 03, 2014, 04:38:43 PM
Quote from: AQMP on January 03, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

I kinda agree and disagree.

Mata has started 11 of the 20 premiership games this season, and hasn't be as effective as last season.

He has started more than Schurle, Willian, Torres, KDB, Ba, Eto and just two less than Oscar. Only Hazard of that attacking  bunch has had more starts of note. The truth is, is that he hasn't played overly well. The style that JM is trying to instill is pressure on the ball when not in possession, and then break at pace. JM is not overly quick, but in fairness he has worked harder on the defensive side of his game. Nonetheless over the last few weeks especially as this formation has gelled better, Mata has been noticeably less effective.

I'd prefer to sell KDB, and have 5 players fighting for the 3 spots behind the striker, thus keeping Mata, as he is a superb player, and has a brilliant attitude. However a 40 million pound offer could be tempting.

It's a tricky one.

Good player but Mata aint worth 40million in fairness.  If your getting 40M for him, its not a tempting offer, you bite the arm of the club offering it and sell him.

They could do with selling Mata and Demba Ba as they both dont seem to be in JM long term plans.

orangeman

Higuain ??

£50m turned down so far.

Obramovich must have plenty left.

Rossie11

Rafa will have to come in again this year to make sure they make top 4...

Fuzzman

Am not usually on here lads as I'm a ToffeeNose but my young lad has chosen to fall a different colour of blue. At least he's not a red.

Anyway, have any of ye bought jerseys for yer young lads. He's only 6 but his best pal has all the latest jerseys. Where is good value?