The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonah

Benitez was 100% correct to have a go at Chelsea's Neanderthal fans.
It has to have an effect on the team the way they carry on.
To not even give the man a chance speaks volumes about the mentality of these yobs. It's there sugar daddy owner they should be pissed with for appointing Rafa in the first place, he was never going to be the right man for the job.
When Benitez goes that will be 4 out of the last 7 Champions Leage winning managers they will have let go. Chelsea are a joke club IMO.
At the end of the day there is only one winner in all this sorry saga and that's Benitez.
He will have earned a couple of million from this and will move onto another club none the worse for wear.
Chelsea's revolving door of managers will continue as long as the Russian is in charge.

ballinaman

In fairness to Rafa, I thought he was right. Had to stand up for himself and show a bit of dignity.

NAG1

Quote from: Jonah on March 01, 2013, 11:29:54 AM
To not even give the man a chance speaks volumes about the mentality of these yobs. It's there sugar daddy owner they should be pissed with for appointing Rafa in the first place, he was never going to be the right man for the job.
When Benitez goes that will be 4 out of the last 7 Champions Leage winning managers they will have let go. Chelsea are a joke club IMO.
At the end of the day there is only one winner in all this sorry saga and that's Benitez.
He will have earned a couple of million from this and will move onto another club none the worse for wear.
Chelsea's revolving door of managers will continue as long as the Russian is in charge.

Dont know if anyone caught a debate on the whole DiCanio situation with Swindon. The argument had gone that he was extremely well paid for the division he was in, on 450k per year. The lads on the panel couldnt believe this and stated that there were several Premier league managers last year who were on less money than this a year. Just found it interesting compared to the players wages and the bit highlighted above.

Canalman

May have posted this already . Imo anyway Chelsea FC are just adopting the continental way of hiring and firing managers. There was always chortling in England in the past  about the way Italian and Spanish clubs (for example) hired and fired managers at will.

Expect to see more of this in England in the future.

Btw, with the amount of trophies won by Chelsea in the last 10 years or so is there not an argument to say that the high turnover  of managers has worked ?

Would they have won the CL last year if AVB had been given a whole season there?

seafoid

It sounds like the atmosphere at Chelsea is rancid.Abramovich is a thug and his way of looking at the world probably became the norm over time.

Mourinho at Real Madrid is another thug. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Quote from: ballinaman on March 01, 2013, 11:38:33 AM
In fairness to Rafa, I thought he was right. Had to stand up for himself and show a bit of dignity.

Nice one ballinaman!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jonah on March 01, 2013, 11:29:54 AM

Benitez agent is also a winner in this saga.

Norf Tyrone

People continually miss the point on Chelsea fan's attitude to Benitez, and there has been plenty of flak aimed at Abromovitch, and his entourage through this too, but not on the Rafa scale.

Other 'fans', continue to condemn Chelsea fans' protesting, but ignore the protests at Liverpool and United (Whatever happened to that?) etc.

And as for Benitez' integrity. f**k me. The man slagged Chelsea fans before he got here, got here, and can't understand why they're against him. He accepts the 'interim' title, and then states that it's a major issue, and today states that it's no problem. He's like a bag of water.

At Liverpool it was the owners fault. At Inter he blamed the board. At Chelsea he blames the fans. Never his fault. Sounds like he's been living in Liverpool too long!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9901414/Rafael-Benitez-must-leave-Chelsea-if-storm-clouds-gathering-over-Stamford-Bridge-are-to-be-dispersed.html

Spot on article here.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 01, 2013, 10:48:01 PM
People continually miss the point on Chelsea fan's attitude to Benitez, and there has been plenty of flak aimed at Abromovitch, and his entourage through this too, but not on the Rafa scale.

Other 'fans', continue to condemn Chelsea fans' protesting, but ignore the protests at Liverpool and United (Whatever happened to that?) etc.

And as for Benitez' integrity. f**k me. The man slagged Chelsea fans before he got here, got here, and can't understand why they're against him. He accepts the 'interim' title, and then states that it's a major issue, and today states that it's no problem. He's like a bag of water.

At Liverpool it was the owners fault. At Inter he blamed the board. At Chelsea he blames the fans. Never his fault. Sounds like he's been living in Liverpool too long!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9901414/Rafael-Benitez-must-leave-Chelsea-if-storm-clouds-gathering-over-Stamford-Bridge-are-to-be-dispersed.html

Spot on article here.

Excellent post. He's a jellyfish. I don't particularly like Chelsea or Abramovich but Benitez knew what the deal was when he signed up for a big wad of cash so he should shut up about it. His midweek bleat was pure comedy to me. He lost his cool like in the famous "fact" rant and has now argued black is white since.

Bottom line - he was brought in to "fix" Torres and he arrogantly thought he could. He can't so it has to be someone elses fault.

laoislad

For a jelly fish he hasn't a bad record as a manager.
I think it's funny how he still gets under the skin of Man United fans.
The disdain the have for him all because he had the audacity to speak the truth about Fergie.

As for Chelsea, I hear David Moyes being mentioned for the job.
Best of luck with a manager who has won nothing I'm sure the Chelsea fans will give him at least a week before the Moyes Out banners are  flying at the cesspit bridge.

Well done Agent Rafa your work is done  :)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

When I see protests from Chelsea fans demanding Abramovich sling his hook that were comparable to those from Liverpool fans about Gillett and Hicks, I'll take this point. Until then, you're blaming the monkey for the tunes being played by the organ grinder.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: deiseach on March 02, 2013, 10:24:32 AM

When I see protests from Chelsea fans demanding Abramovich sling his hook that were comparable to those from Liverpool fans about Gillett and Hicks, I'll take this point. Until then, you're blaming the monkey for the tunes being played by the organ grinder.

Why would Chelsea fans want rid of RA? Sure he has done more good than wrong.

That would be silly.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Denn Forever

202 goals from a midfielder.  And RA doesn't want to renew his contract.  Part of a swap deal with Rooney?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

orangeman

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 11, 2013, 03:28:30 PM
202 goals from a midfielder.  And RA doesn't want to renew his contract.  Part of a swap deal with Rooney?

Is Lampard still for Man U ?