The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: ballinaman on January 24, 2013, 02:13:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2013, 02:02:02 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2013, 01:05:45 PM
A 17 year old wastes about 5 seconds of time - a wee sc**bag.
A professional footballer throws a kick at a 17 year old on the ground - he did no wrong.

WTF are some of you boys on?

He's there to make sure no time is wasted and the rolling around in agony only compounded his idiocy:

I think the ref was dead right to send off Hazard - he would have done the same had it been a player who he had kicked - and he should get a hefty ban.

He was timewasting. Why did he lie on the ball?
Hazard was trying to get the game going again.

I thought it was unfair to send him off. It wasn't a premeditated foul or anything.
So all red cards have to be premeditated? WTF,,,,,

Sending him off was a joke. If the BB hadn't started arsing around nothing would have happened. Chelski needed 2 goals and it was 72 minutes gone and he goes ahead and does something provocative like that.
What Hazard did had no impact on the game. Most people would do the same in that position. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ballinaman

It would have been frustrating for all the Chelsea players but you can't go kicking a ballboy in the ribs ( all be it unintentionally) even if he is acting the scrote.
I find the most amazing thing about all this is that so many people think the right way to react to someone annoying you a bit and not giving a ball back quick enough is to boot them in the ribs.

Its not as if Hazard had a good look down for the ball where exactly it was, he just went, right...its down there somewhere, so may as well throw the boot in.

tommysmith

Some people need to cop on it was the right decision to send him off.

Hazard is there to play football and should not be putting his hands or feet near a ball boy no matter what is going on.

So what if the ball boy was time wasting its up to the ref to add on the time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ballinaman on January 24, 2013, 02:32:29 PM
It would have been frustrating for all the Chelsea players but you can't go kicking a ballboy in the ribs ( all be it unintentionally) even if he is acting the scrote.
I find the most amazing thing about all this is that so many people think the right way to react to someone annoying you a bit and not giving a ball back quick enough is to boot them in the ribs.

Its not as if Hazard had a good look down for the ball where exactly it was, he just went, right...its down there somewhere, so may as well throw the boot in.

He'll not do it again, that's for sure. Though you are right ya can't be kicking 17 year olds lads in the ribs, a good kick in the balls would have made him move quicker :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Eric was right to kick your man and should sue the FA for damages for his 9 month (yes - month, not game) ban.

nrico2006

Quote from: spuds on January 24, 2013, 02:12:44 PM
My pity is with Hazard TBH. He actually stub kicked the ball from under the little scrote releasing the ball, not pulled like he was Paul Durcan taking a kick out. The media will lap this up. Talk here of the 17 year old in danger of committing suicide are ridiculous.

If this happened during a kick about in your local field with a young lad lying over the ball there would be no further comment. Ball boys, you have been warned.

Spot on.  It was a disgrace that he was sent off.  If someone lifted something belonging to you would you attempt to get it back or wait until you phoned the police and let them try and catch the culprit?  If you in fact did try and get it back and end up having to wrestle with the fella then should you be arrested and convicted of affray/assault?  Our society in general is going down the pan with regards to real culprits being perceived as victims and vice versa.  The scenario last night was caused by the ball boy, Hazard didn't set out to do anything malicious and from seeing the clip its clear that he was simply trying to get the ball back by toe poking it from under the ball boy, something that most of us have done at some stage to a brother/friend etc when playing football/soccer.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

J70

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2013, 02:02:02 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2013, 01:05:45 PM
A 17 year old wastes about 5 seconds of time - a wee sc**bag.
A professional footballer throws a kick at a 17 year old on the ground - he did no wrong.

WTF are some of you boys on?

He's there to make sure no time is wasted and the rolling around in agony only compounded his idiocy:

I think the ref was dead right to send off Hazard - he would have done the same had it been a player who he had kicked - and he should get a hefty ban.

He was timewasting. Why did he lie on the ball?
Hazard was trying to get the game going again.

I thought it was unfair to send him off. It wasn't a premeditated foul or anything.
Are you mad Seafoid? Hazard has to get a severe punishment for this. I'm sure Cantona's karate kick wasn't premeditated either, and regardless of the fact that the guy he attacked was a sc**bag and totally undeserving of sympathy, Cantona correctly received a very lengthy ban. Players kicking ballboys (or anyone) cannot be tolerated. It doesn't matter if he was trying to kick the ball out
- he could have injured him severely. Whether or not the ballboy was misbehaving is a separate issue and should be dealt with separately and appropriately. If you want to work in any profession, there are certain rules and expectations regarding behaviour that have to be met.
BTW I'm not saying that what Hazard did was comparable to Cantona in terms of the grossness of the misconduct.

ballinaman

Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2013, 03:52:13 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on January 24, 2013, 03:39:28 PM
Quote from: spuds on January 24, 2013, 02:12:44 PM
My pity is with Hazard TBH. He actually stub kicked the ball from under the little scrote releasing the ball, not pulled like he was Paul Durcan taking a kick out. The media will lap this up. Talk here of the 17 year old in danger of committing suicide are ridiculous.

If this happened during a kick about in your local field with a young lad lying over the ball there would be no further comment. Ball boys, you have been warned.

Spot on.  It was a disgrace that he was sent off.  If someone lifted something belonging to you would you attempt to get it back or wait until you phoned the police and let them try and catch the culprit?  If you in fact did try and get it back and end up having to wrestle with the fella then should you be arrested and convicted of affray/assault?  Our society in general is going down the pan with regards to real culprits being perceived as victims and vice versa.  The scenario last night was caused by the ball boy, Hazard didn't set out to do anything malicious and from seeing the clip its clear that he was simply trying to get the ball back by toe poking it from under the ball boy, something that most of us have done at some stage to a brother/friend etc when playing football/soccer.
Are you off your fcukin head? This is not a mugging in the street. It's more like someone taking your pen at work!!
;D Brilliant

seafoid

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/24/swansea-city-ballboy-eden-hazard

I'm not saying Hazard isn't in the wrong but I hate to see a person who instigates a situation then cry foul for next to nothing. How people can claim Hazard assaulted a kid is embarrassing. He shouldn't of kicked the ball out of his grasp but he hardly booted the lad as some people were suggesting. The lads antics were scandalous and no wonder he isn't taking any further action

Robbie Savage @RobbieSavage8

If the ballboy gives the ball straight back and does his job properly that doesn't happen!

Steven Pienaar @therealstevenpi

I'm not saying its the correct thing 2 do but when in the heat of the moment u just want the ball

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore

Hazard deserved red (violent conduct rule). Kid is a prat. Ballboy job is to give ball quickly. End of. Is that enough of an opinion?

Gareth Bale @GarethBale11

Unbelievable decision by the referee to send Hazard off but congrats to Swansea. Who'd have predicted this final?!

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton

After reviewing last nights footage, I've come to the conclusion that the games gone. Ballboys aged 17, time wasting, then rollin round like they've been shot. Games gone. He was actually claiming to be best time waster in the world on Twitter yesterday! WTF' that all about? ... Hazard only crime is he hasn't kicked him hard enough...

Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5

17 year old ball boy... is that a wind up!!? Is being a ball boy now a career move??

Pat Nevin Radio 5 Live

I was very disappointed with the way that the ballboy acted. He must have been watching footballers with the way that he rolled around and pretended to be injured. He's only got one job and his job is to go and give the ball back. What does he do? He keeps the ball. I have to say I was absolutely amazed this morning to find he's 17. Not 12. Not 13. He should know what his actions should be in that situation. His behaviour was disgraceful. I would have kicked the ball out from underneath him if he was behaving like that, 100%."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2013, 04:07:08 PM
Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5

17 year old ball boy... is that a wind up!!? Is being a ball boy now a career move??

Gee, why would anyone lift a finger for a sports team unless they were being paid for it?

From the Bunker

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 04:46:21 PM
Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5

Gee, why would anyone lift a finger for a sports team unless they were being paid for it?

That's the professional world, and that's the way you and me would think if we were in it!

deiseach

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2013, 05:10:58 PM
That's the professional world, and that's the way you and me would think if we were in it!

All professional sportsmen think the same way as Rio Ferdinand? I'm not convinced, but a depressing image all the same.

imtommygunn

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

All professional sportsmen think the same way as Rio Ferdinand? I'm not convinced, but a depressing image all the same.

I don't see that much wrong with his statement.

Why would you want to be a ballboy as a 17 year old? Surely there should be age restrictions and young children (probably 12 or so years old) should get it.

There are players playing in the premier league as old as the ball boy and your sympathy levels for him dramatically go down when you hear his age!

Hazard shouldn't have done it but your man is 17 and should know better. He's old enough to play in the premier league, he's old enough to have a job, he's old enough to have left school etc etc.

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 04:46:21 PM
Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5

I think the point is that ballboys are normally kids and not 17 years olds.