The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Jonah on January 24, 2013, 12:40:50 PM
Really? A 17 year old kid?
In the age of cyberbullying and kids committing suicide for being bullied you want a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the world?
What about the nurse who committed suicide for being on the end of a prank phone call?
What if it was your own son?

If it were my own son, I'd be asking him why the one job he had to do on the night he chose not to do. Then the rolling around like he had been beaten with a baseball bat. I'd be absolutely mortified by his behaviour. And please spare me the cyber-bullying accusation. By that logic, no one who does something ridiculous in public - on telly, for God's sake! - should ever be ridiculed for fear they might top themselves. Can you see what's wrong there?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 10:15:54 AM
Quote from: muppet on January 24, 2013, 10:09:13 AM
Most of the posters here defending Hazard would be exploding in indignation if the person lying on the ball had been the goalkeeper of their beloved team. This was a ball boy, Hazard is a 'professional'.

Long ban ahead hopefully.

I wouldn't defend Hazard, just as I didn't defend Jamie Carragher when he threw that pound coin into the crowd at Highbury. But I hope the ball boy is the subject of ridicule throughout the globe, if not for lying on the ball then just for rolling around like a foreigner.

In the age of cyberbullying and kids committing suicide for being bullied you want a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the world?
What about the nurse who committed suicide for being on the end of a prank phone call?

If it were my own son I'd hit him a slap for acting like that

The nurse wasn't actually on the end of the prank call, though she was involved in taking the information from someone else I think

By diving on the ball and acting like that he'll get the piss taken out of him anyways, just like the other footballers who dive throughout the games, not too many taking their own lives, these 'ballboys' are usually apprentices at the club and most times go on to have a very good life, should they make it in the professional game.

I'm not defending the guy who kicked him by the way, silly thing to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonah

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 12:51:02 PM

If it were my own son, I'd be asking him why the one job he had to do on the night he chose not to do. Then the rolling around like he had been beaten with a baseball bat. I'd be absolutely mortified by his behaviour. And please spare me the cyber-bullying accusation. By that logic, no one who does something ridiculous in public - on telly, for God's sake! - should ever be ridiculed for fear they might top themselves. Can you see what's wrong there?

Can you see what's wrong by wanting a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the globe?
Maybe you are only a kid yourself I don't know but I think what you said is idiotic.

deiseach

Quote from: Jonah on January 24, 2013, 12:56:28 PM
Can you see what's wrong by wanting a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the globe?

So when he turns 18 he's a man and it's okay? He made his bed, he'll have to lie in it.

Milltown Row2

Of course it's wrong but his actions will only create some sort of abuse, saying he's going to kill himself is silly though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

The young lad was stupid and the reality is that he will be a 15 minute celebrity, will be on some rubbish like Soccer AM or something like that and will drift off into the anonymity of his previous life.  Hazard was stupid, he should have just lifted him up off that ball or pushed him off it but lets face it you're in the heat of the moment chasing a gsme and a wee p***k does this and the red mist falls.  He should get a 6-8 match ban but that ball 'boy' should be brought to task by the club and punished.

Just as well it wasn't Luis Saurez, he would be shot at dawn!!!!

Jonah

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2013, 12:58:22 PM

Of course it's wrong but his actions will only create some sort of abuse, saying he's going to kill himself is silly though
I didn't say he was going to kill himself.
Say what you want but to wish a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the world is an idiotic comment.
Yes he was foolish to do what he did and if he was my son I'd give him a good kick up the hole.

Atticus_Finch

In fairness to the kid at least he didn't go down the line of assault which I wouldn't have ruled out last night.  He was interviewed by police after the game and said he had no injuries and didn't want to press the matter any further.

From what I understand he ended up in the Chelsea dressing room.  Hazard apologised to him and he did likewise for holidng on to the ball.

Whether the above event would have taken place if the kid's father wasn't a Swansea director who happened to own the hotel Chelsea were staying at ... I don't know.

I'm sure the kid is happy enough, he's become a "celeb" over night and will be on one of those reality tv shows next ... Celeb Big Brother, I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here ..... or even that ridiculous reality diving show called "Splash" which I believe quite a few posters on this forum watch  ???  The things lads will do to keep them on the straight and narrow during January ...
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

deiseach

Quote from: hardstation on January 24, 2013, 01:05:45 PM
A 17 year old wastes about 5 seconds of time - a wee sc**bag.
A professional footballer throws a kick at a 17 year old on the ground - he did no wrong.

WTF are some of you boys on?

He's there to make sure no time is wasted and the rolling around in agony only compounded his idiocy:

I think the ref was dead right to send off Hazard - he would have done the same had it been a player who he had kicked - and he should get a hefty ban.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 01:16:42 PM
A professional footballer throws a kick at a 17 year old on the ground - he did no wrong.

He's there to make sure no time is wasted and the rolling around in agony only compounded his idiocy:

I think the ref was dead right to send off Hazard - he would have done the same had it been a player who he had kicked - and he should get a hefty ban.

He was timewasting. Why did he lie on the ball?
Hazard was trying to get the game going again.

I thought it was unfair to send him off. It wasn't a premeditated foul or anything.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

spuds

My pity is with Hazard TBH. He actually stub kicked the ball from under the little scrote releasing the ball, not pulled like he was Paul Durcan taking a kick out. The media will lap this up. Talk here of the 17 year old in danger of committing suicide are ridiculous.

If this happened during a kick about in your local field with a young lad lying over the ball there would be no further comment. Ball boys, you have been warned.

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ballinaman

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2013, 02:02:02 PM
Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 01:16:42 PM

He was timewasting. Why did he lie on the ball?
Hazard was trying to get the game going again.

I thought it was unfair to send him off. It wasn't a premeditated foul or anything.
So all red cards have to be premeditated? WTF,,,,,

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on January 24, 2013, 12:49:29 PM
I've always admired the ball boys (no not that way!) for their 'professionalism' in getting the ball back quickly for opposing teams. This is the first incident I've ever seen where a wee sc**bag has been employed. He should have stepped away as soon as he saw Hazard.

IMHO Hazard should not be punished.
The mind boggles.

I've seen players (and certain managers) on the hurling field have an epileptic fit when someone wastes 5 seconds of time late on in a game

deiseach

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2013, 02:18:41 PM
I've seen players (and certain managers) on the hurling field have an epileptic fit when someone wastes 5 seconds of time late on in a game

And they'll know all about it when they play Under-14's next year!!