The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

Jeez, looking at yer man rolling around like he had been shot. What an example to set, won't someone PLEASE think of the childr . . . oh.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on January 23, 2013, 10:08:53 PM
Bad Craic.  Terry's influence working fast.

Must be Terry's influence on Rio at the England get together that caused Ferdinand to go around kicking female stewards...

Worst thing about the Hazard incident. It hides the totally ineptness of Rafa Benitez. Needing goals and your first sub is a centre half for a centre half, and the later a left back for a left back.

Just thinking, did Rafa instigate the Hazard incident to take the headlines from the result? That's what Fergis does isn't it. F***ing genius that Benitez.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

Hazard kicked the ball from under the fella, if he accidently got connected with then its his own fault for acting the tr**p in the first place.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

What the f**k is a 17 year old doing being a ball boy anyway, should he not be sitting in his boxer shorts playing his X Box or something at that time of night?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Most of the posters here defending Hazard would be exploding in indignation if the person lying on the ball had been the goalkeeper of their beloved team. This was a ball boy, Hazard is a 'professional'.

Long ban ahead hopefully.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on January 24, 2013, 10:09:13 AM
Most of the posters here defending Hazard would be exploding in indignation if the person lying on the ball had been the goalkeeper of their beloved team. This was a ball boy, Hazard is a 'professional'.

I wouldn't defend Hazard, just as I didn't defend Jamie Carragher when he threw that pound coin into the crowd at Highbury. But I hope the ball boy is the subject of ridicule throughout the globe, if not for lying on the ball then just for rolling around like a foreigner.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 10:15:54 AM

I wouldn't defend Hazard, just as I didn't defend Jamie Carragher when he threw that pound coin into the crowd at Highbury. But I hope the ball boy is the subject of ridicule throughout the globe, if not for lying on the ball then just for rolling around like a foreigner Premier League Footballer.

Where he works, every week, watching, learning.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 24, 2013, 09:42:37 AM

Must be Terry's influence on Rio at the England get together that caused Ferdinand to go around kicking female stewards...

Worst thing about the Hazard incident. It hides the totally ineptness of Rafa Benitez. Needing goals and your first sub is a centre half for a centre half, and the later a left back for a left back.

Just thinking, did Rafa instigate the Hazard incident to take the headlines from the result? That's what Fergis does isn't it. F***ing genius that Benitez.

Jaysus you're in a bad way today.

Nothing can hide the complete ineptness of Benitez or more importantly the shady gobshite person that put him there. The biggest issue at Chelski is the owner but none of you want to admit it cos you're afraid it'll be back to the bad old days again. Imagine if he had let Mourinho run your club the way Ferguson is allowed run United (plus the cash)? He couldn't because it has to be about him. He is a disease on the game. Even the citeh owners who have pumped in ridiculous cash aren't close to being as public.

That is the long and short of it, nothing Rio or Fergie have allegedly done.

As for last nights incident of course the ballboy was wrong but there's no defending Hazard's actions. Can you imagine if Roy Keane or Eric Cantona did that? They'd be looking at 6 month bans. He'll get off lightly.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 24, 2013, 10:19:17 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 24, 2013, 09:42:37 AM

Jaysus you're in a bad way today.

Nothing can hide the complete ineptness of Benitez or more importantly the shady gobshite person that put him there. The biggest issue at Chelski is the owner but none of you want to admit it cos you're afraid it'll be back to the bad old days again. Imagine if he had let Mourinho run your club the way Ferguson is allowed run United (plus the cash)? He couldn't because it has to be about him. He is a disease on the game. Even the citeh owners who have pumped in ridiculous cash aren't close to being as public.

That is the long and short of it, nothing Rio or Fergie have allegedly done.

As for last nights incident of course the ballboy was wrong but there's no defending Hazard's actions. Can you imagine if Roy Keane or Eric Cantona did that? They'd be looking at 6 month bans. He'll get off lightly.

I am not arguing with most of that. The Chelsea fans have been singing re Abromovitch for weeks ('Is this what you want' etc), and he is ultimately responsible. Roman has made countless bad decisions over the 10 years he has been there, and again I agree that if Mourinho or Ancellotti had of remained in charge and given carte blanche a la Ferguson, Chelsea you'd imagine would've been a more stable operation. However I am not sure if José is a greater than 3-4 years sorta guy.

The bad old days you refer to must be the 80s, and 90s. Remember Chelsea were winning Euro trophies, qualifying for the CL, regularly in the top 6, and in one season came very close to winning the league, and all this in the 8-9 years before Roman. Admittedly the bulk before that was barren, but they were good days too, although in a different way. A lot of people think Chelsea came from nowhere!

Anyhow not defending Hazard, far from it. However I think he was silly as opposed to malicious. I don't think he was trying to kick the ball boy at all. The reaction has been predictably OTT.

Re the Fergie thing... that was a joke.

Re the Rio thing... it's definitely relevant. He kicked a female steward and there was not the same outrage, nor a ban.

Norf Tyrone

I meant to add, the problem re Roman and sacking managers is that, it usually works. A sacking is usually followed by a trophy. However that's not the way to do business.

Canalman

With regards to the sacking of managers regularly as far as I know this is fairly common on the continent and is beginning to creep into English football.Mark my words in 10 years this will be the norm in the Premiership (if and it is a big if the ponsi style the Premiership  is operating in at the moment doesn't engulf it before that). Ogligarchs (sic), Middle East royalty, tycoons, leveraged buyouts etc..................... it will all end in tears.

In fairness and as has been pointed out  on this board the continual turning around of managers in Chelsea has resulted in some amount of trophies.

Jonah

Quote from: deiseach on January 24, 2013, 10:15:54 AM

I wouldn't defend Hazard, just as I didn't defend Jamie Carragher when he threw that pound coin into the crowd at Highbury. But I hope the ball boy is the subject of ridicule throughout the globe, if not for lying on the ball then just for rolling around like a foreigner.

Really? A 17 year old kid?
In the age of cyberbullying and kids committing suicide for being bullied you want a 17 year old kid to be ridiculed across the world?
What about the nurse who committed suicide for being on the end of a prank phone call?
What if it was your own son?

Orior

I've always admired the ball boys (no not that way!) for their 'professionalism' in getting the ball back quickly for opposing teams. This is the first incident I've ever seen where a wee sc**bag has been employed. He should have stepped away as soon as he saw Hazard.

IMHO Hazard should not be punished.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians