The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Breaking news: Rafael Benitez has just been sacked as manager of Chelsea.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

dec

Quote from: All of a Sludden on November 21, 2012, 07:48:52 PM
Breaking news: Rafael Benitez has just been sacked as manager of Chelsea.
I'm surprised he lasted so long.

Captain Obvious

Chelsea statement made sure they didn't mention he left Liverpool in a bad state and couldn't cut it at Inter. Abramovich wanted a manager that can win the league for him this season. Can Benitez deliver that wish?

Norf Tyrone

Absolutely delighted.

A swop in January, Mata for Barry.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ballinaman

Wonder what these lads think now.... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qPch4HPr0CQ#%2521

Rafa Benitez - 2007

"We don't need to give away stupid plastic flags to our fans to wave, our supporters are always there with their hearts and that is all we need. It's the passion of the fans that helps us to win matches, not flags. Chelsea fans lack passion."

Tony Baloney

Definitely a future quiz question is to name the managers fired under Abramovich's reign!

GalwayBayBoy

This Chelsea fan has taken the news well. ;D

QuoteOur club became a total joke today, a sad, horrible, awful joke, and I feel ashamed.

Six months on from the greatest night in our history it's come to this.

Roman has a fundamental misunderstanding of football IMO, he doesn't understand the tribal aspect, he doesn't understand that without identity football is meaningless, and this appointment, more than any appointment of any Chelsea employee in the past, compromises our identity.

He just doesn't get these things. He gets other things but not this, and I for one have seriously gone off him after today, I just don't think it's right to sh*t on the fans' feelings in this way, just as it wasn't right for Alan Sugar to appoint George Graham at Spurs.

The Tottenham fans used to camp outside the club's offices at full-time and chant, "We want our Tottenham back", and that's the way I feel about Chelsea now.

I'd honestly take being in the Football Conference over this. Roman has done pretty shocking things in the past, but this is by far the worst.

Success at any price? Not for me. Some things are more important.

This appointment bodes ill. It bodes very very ill. We have a manager the fans don't want. They really, fervently, passionately don't want. It was incumbent IMO for Roman to respect that opinion.

I have this nagging feeling Roman just can't quite accept his £50m poster boy is a dud, hence the attraction of Benitez has grown stronger with each passing unproductive month.

That's right folks. He misguidedly purchased Torres at great expense, and now, to compound that problem, he's just made the most abhorrent signing he could possibly make in the eyes of Chelsea fans.

People are really laughing at us now and rightly so.

If Roman thinks this is going to be successful he's deluded.

This is going to be horrific, and it's going to turn ugly very soon, because Benitez has joined a club where he knows he's unwelcomed by the fans.

I fear him and Torres are going to get a terrible reaction on Sunday.

Let me tell you this, whenever Benitez has left a club he has blamed everybody but himself, and as soon as he leaves Chelsea, with all that ill-feeling, you can bet he won't have a nice thing to say about us, if only to ingratiate himself with the scousers even more.

Roman you're an idiot, and Rafa, you must have a bloody good agent.

Sad day.

EC Unique

Class. TFSW is back. Always good for a laugh.. Will help lift a boring enough season.

Jonah

Can't believe Di Matteo has been sacked.
Chelsea are a joke.

under the bar

I think RA, despite having achieved his ambition of winning the CL, was probably disgusted in the manner the way it was won and acutely embarrassed at the style.    As he couldn't get Guardiola in the summer he gave RDM a chance but he proved he simply did not how to play in an attacking yet winning style. 

GAA_Talk

Read on Sky News that he got sacked on arrival to the training ground after the Juventus game at 4 O'Clock in the morning. At least he got a proper lie on Wedsnesday.

stew

RA is an egomaniac, to let a man go that won the FA cup and CL, whose team a month ago was leading the PL.

It takes time to change the way you play, he has done a great job infusing some new blood into the lineup and was transitioning the squad, preparing for the likes of the post Terry & Lampard era.

Rafa is some pup, not a chance in hell he wasn't interviewing for a job another man held, classless if so.

I hope Chelsea win feck all and that De Matteo gets a better gig and kicks Chelsea's arse with his new team.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

onefaircounty

Quote from: EC Unique on November 21, 2012, 09:30:18 PM
Class. TFSW is back. Always good for a laugh.. Will help lift a boring enough season.

Do you not realise that you sound like an absolute idiot when you use phrases like this?

It's not funny, nobody giggles when they read your post, I hope. You just sound like an 11-year-old who is trying too hard.

Two Hands FFS

As much as the Chelsea supporters dislike him & he'll struggle to win them over, Chelsea have got themselves a superb manager. He'll help sort out their defence to add to the obvious attacking threat they have.