The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: bennydorano on November 21, 2012, 11:35:23 AM
SSN goin down the Mourinho line rather than Pep. Ruthless stuff from Roman.

Hard to see Mourinho getting it without Abramovich having to eat a lot of humble pie. I know he got his CL last year, but bringing Mourinho back, with the issues that caused him to leave in the first place, would essentially being Abramovich saying he was wrong in the first place. He doesn't strike me as someone who says that too often.

PS. I think he was wrong to get rid of Mourinho back then.

AQMP

According to the BBC the new manager will be announced today.  Looks like Benitez for rest of season :o

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Up The Middle

Has Jimmy signed with Celtic yet or is he in with a shout here?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

J70

Pure madness, yet again, at Chelsea!  :o

What is with the ridiculing of Benitez getting a decent job again? (Beyond the brainless, asinine offerings from the usual suspects, I mean?)

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on November 21, 2012, 02:21:30 PM
What is with the ridiculing of Benitez getting a decent job again? (Beyond the brainless, asinine offerings from the usual suspects, I mean?)

Asked and answered.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: J70 on November 21, 2012, 02:21:30 PM
Pure madness, yet again, at Chelsea!  :o

On the face of it Benitez would be mad to go there. I'm sure Chelsea will try for Guardiola or someone else again in the Summer so it's very likely only a short-term job. The Chelsea fans hate him already so will turn on him pretty rapid if he draws a couple of games. Granted it will probably be great for his bank balance so maybe not so mad.

Surely John Terry as player/manager is what we all want to see here?

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 21, 2012, 10:44:10 AM
You would imagine that a sensible man whose profile is on the up (Guardiola) would not take this job.  Redknapp would jump at the chance.  I think that Guardiola and Redknapp are over-rated as managers anyway.  Guardiola walked into a job at Barcelona with the team already in place, and Harry Redknapp took over a Spurs team that were pretty decent and had finished pretty high up the table for a few seasons before he came and he ultimately achieved the unbelievable feat of pushing them to fourth.

Brilliant!! 14 trophies in 4 years including 2 Champions Leagues and he is over-rated!!

Fergies been manager for 26 years and could have had basically any player he wanted at his disposal and could still only manage the same amount of CL's.

I'm pretty sure Pep is not over-rated and has to rank up there with Fergie and Mourinho as the best managers around stakes. Given he is only 41 I would fancy him to do alright in the next few years as well!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Rafa Benitez will go where the money is, he got big payments when sacked by Liverpool,Inter Milan and the money he'll receive from Chelsea will top the lot. Jose Mourinho to return next season?

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on November 21, 2012, 09:52:01 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 21, 2012, 09:37:34 AM
Thought this was a joke!

Rafa back in the PL is a joke.  ;D

This amazes me at times. You will have managers like Hughes,  Redknapp, O'Neill who seem to walk in and out of jobs, get linked with every job available and the fans will get excited at the prospect of them.

Then Rafa gets linked and there is outcry and its a big joke. Alot of these clubs would be far better off with him in charge.

What amazes me is you getting amazed by anything that fool posts!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Rafa Benitez has been offered a two-season deal at Chelsea - winter and spring

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteChelsea Football Club can confirm Rafael Benitez has been appointed interim first-team manager until the end of the season.

The owner and the Board believe that in Benitez we have a manager with significant experience at the highest level of football, who can come in and immediately help deliver our objectives.

The 52-year-old Spaniard is due to meet the players at the training ground in Cobham tomorrow.

The two-time UEFA Manager of the Year comes with outstanding pedigree. He began his managerial career in his homeland, most notably at Valencia where he built a reputation as one of Europe's top coaches by winning the Spanish League twice and the UEFA Cup. He then spent six years at Liverpool and led them to their fifth European Cup and an FA Cup.