Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

In the words of Didier Drogba.

Its a f**king disgrace.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ballinaman

Overheard this morning...

RDM : So that's it after winning you the Champions League, 'goodbye and good luck'?
Abramovich : I don't recall saying good luck

brokencrossbar1

It's a joke and this attitude of cherry picking managers and then dumping them will end up destroying the club. I hope Rafa doesn't join them for his sake.

deiseach

I'd be surprised if Rafa was offered the job. But if he were, he'd be mad not to take it. I mean, what has he got to lose? If it doesn't work out everyone will blame Abramovich.

johnneycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 21, 2012, 10:15:20 AM
It's a joke and this attitude of cherry picking managers and then dumping them will end up destroying the club. I hope Rafa doesn't join them for his sake.

I can think of mi££ions of reasons for Rafa to take it.

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on November 21, 2012, 10:25:15 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 21, 2012, 10:15:20 AM

I can think of mi££ions of reasons for Rafa to take it.

Any manager be mad not to take it, all you really need to do it sort a striker and a defender not difficult with the budget they are working with and they would be sorted. Those three mata, oscar and hazard are a joy to watch. Bit light weight but great on the eye.

nrico2006

You would imagine that a sensible man whose profile is on the up (Guardiola) would not take this job.  Redknapp would jump at the chance.  I think that Guardiola and Redknapp are over-rated as managers anyway.  Guardiola walked into a job at Barcelona with the team already in place, and Harry Redknapp took over a Spurs team that were pretty decent and had finished pretty high up the table for a few seasons before he came and he ultimately achieved the unbelievable feat of pushing them to fourth.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 21, 2012, 10:44:10 AM
You would imagine that a sensible man whose profile is on the up (Guardiola) would not take this job.  Redknapp would jump at the chance.  I think that Guardiola and Redknapp are over-rated as managers anyway.  Guardiola walked into a job at Barcelona with the team already in place, and Harry Redknapp took over a Spurs team that were pretty decent and had finished pretty high up the table for a few seasons before he came and he ultimately achieved the unbelievable feat of pushing them to fourth.

The team Guardiola inherited had just finished in third place in La Liga, 18 points off Real Madrid........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Abromavich is some boy.

Spoilt child who spits the dummy out as soon as things don't go his way.

Norf Tyrone

This time last year, we lost in Italy, lost to WBA and sacked the manager.

The only question then is... Does anyone have a spare ticket for the CL final or the FA Cup final?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

deiseach

If Di Matteo can get the Chelsea job on the basis of his record with West Brom, Steve Clarke must be a shoo-in.

clarshack

can shaktar and juventus kick the ball back and forward to each other and settling for a draw, without there being any kind of repercussions from uefa?

nrico2006

Quote from: Minder on November 21, 2012, 10:53:44 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 21, 2012, 10:44:10 AM

The team Guardiola inherited had just finished in third place in La Liga, 18 points off Real Madrid........

They had won the Champions League and League in the seasons before that one and the majority of the key players under Guariola's reign were already there when he took over.  They don't win the league every year as was shown last year when Guardiola's team finished 9 points behind Madrid.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

SSN goin down the Mourinho line rather than Pep. Ruthless stuff from Roman.