The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 05, 2012, 05:06:34 PM
Bubble is right.*

Bubble is a Limerick insult.

Ah, I see.

Looks like the police have got this guy...unless they've arrested a 28 year old Chelsea player (which is possible)

Norf Tyrone

Do yourselves a favour. Try and get to see the 90 mins or at least the highlights of Chelsea v Shaktar.

Some seriously good football played by both sides. That Shaktar are very, very impressive (Bar their keeper)!

And I would've posted this W, L or D!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Main Street

I thought that keeper was the spitting image of Jens Lehmann.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Main Street on November 07, 2012, 10:35:43 PM
I thought that keeper was the spitting image of Jens Lehmann.

Thought that myself. He was as dodgey as him too.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 07, 2012, 10:01:27 PM
Do yourselves a favour. Try and get to see the 90 mins or at least the highlights of Chelsea v Shaktar.

Some seriously good football played by both sides. That Shaktar are very, very impressive (Bar their keeper)!

That was an excellent game - what the Champions League should be about.  Shaktar were unlucky to leave without a point in fairness to them. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Billys Boots on November 08, 2012, 09:54:27 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 07, 2012, 10:01:27 PM

That was an excellent game - what the Champions League should be about.  Shaktar were unlucky to leave without a point in fairness to them.

They were unlucky to leave without 3 points. Their keeper, and they ran out of steam with 20 mins to go cost them.

Saying that Chelsea could've had a penalty.

Billys Boots

Yeah, even though it was a hospital-pass for the first goal the keeper should have done better.  And even though headed clearances are not really a required part of his game (and his midfielders should have done better) it was a poor enough headed clearance too.  Other than that I thought he wasn't a bad keeper - those two incidents did hurt his confidence around the box too I suppose. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

EC Unique

Police have said that they are no longer investigating a case against Clattenburg due to lack of evidence. I would expect the FA to follow suit. Messy one for Chelsea. Had to put in a complaint as the players pushed it but now it seems Clattenberg is the victim.

AQMP

Quote from: EC Unique on November 13, 2012, 09:05:09 PM
Police have said that they are no longer investigating a case against Clattenburg due to lack of evidence. I would expect the FA to follow suit. Messy one for Chelsea. Had to put in a complaint as the players pushed it but now it seems Clattenberg is the victim.

I see Peter Herbert of the Association of Black Lawyers who made the complaint to the police is now criticising Chelsea for failing to provide evidence to the police.  The club really can't win on this one. ::)

Captain Obvious

Chelsea to become the first Champions League winners not to get past the group stage in the defence of their title?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 20, 2012, 09:38:03 PM
Chelsea to become the first Champions League winners not to get past the group stage in the defence of their title?

Still a chance. Win the last game, and Shaktar win, because you can rely on the integrity of both teams to go for the result and not settle for the draw that takes both threw..... just remembered it's Juventus. Forget about the integrity bit!

On a serious note, Shaktar are a fine side, and if they go for the win, I think they can take the points. However I was impressed by Juventus tonight too. Strong and organised.

I reckon Shaktar to win, Chelsea to win, and advance. Beat Barce in the last 16, Dortmund in the QF, Real in the semi, and get revenge over Shaktar in the final at Wembley with Torres not scoring in all 8 games.

It's written in the stars.....

deiseach

Either the Chelsea website has been hacked or Di Matteo is gone.

QuoteSTATEMENT ON ROBERTO DI MATTEO

Posted on: Wed 21 Nov 2012
Chelsea Football Club has parted company this morning with Manager Roberto Di Matteo.

The team's recent performances and results have not been good enough and the owner and the Board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction as we head into a vitally important part of the season.

The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions. Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all fronts.

The owner and the Board would like to thank Roberto for all he has done for the club since taking over in March. Roberto helped guide us to an historic Champions League victory and a seventh FA Cup. We will never forget the huge contribution he has made to this club's history and he will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge.

The club will be making an announcement shortly regarding a new first team manager.

ballinaman