The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: AQMP on October 30, 2012, 01:14:01 PM
More detail on Clattenburgate coming out.  Apparently the Chelsea claims are that Clattenburg referred to Juan Mata as "a Spanish t**t" (though this was not heard by Mata himself but reported by another Chelsea player) and that he referred to Mikel as a "monkey".
Either the Chelsea players misheard, or Chelsea are up to no good, or Clattenburg is a complete spacer (which is possible too...)

I would find it very hard to believe that a referee of that stature would be so stupid in this day what with tv watching every move from every angle and the mic on the side of his face.

I call bullsh1t on this one.

If he is done I can see the other refs going on strike. There will be fireworks before it is over and I can see Chelsea wishing they had never mentioned it.

Tony Baloney

More detail on Clattenburgate coming out.  Apparently the Chelsea claims are that Clattenburg referred to Juan Mata as "a Spanish t**t" (though this was not heard by Mata himself but reported by another Chelsea player) and that he referred to Mikel as a "monkey".

Either the Chelsea players misheard, or Chelsea are up to no good, or Clattenburg is a complete spacer (which is possible too...)
Possibly a combination of options 1 and 2. An absolute shower of cnuts imo.

AQMP

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 30, 2012, 02:54:00 PM

Possibly a combination of options 1 and 2. An absolute shower of cnuts imo.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/29/mark-clattenburg-referee-chelsea-allegations

Having read this, a combination of 1, 2 and 3 a distinct possibility!

EC Unique

It has now emerged that Clattenberg has the full support of the other match officials. As they are the only people who would have been able to clearly heard what was said I can see this being thrown out. Chelsea are going to come out of this very badly me thinks.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on October 30, 2012, 10:42:58 PM
It has now emerged that Clattenberg has the full support of the other match officials.

Did anyone expect otherwise?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 31, 2012, 12:02:40 AM
It has now emerged that Clattenberg has the full support of the other match officials.

It's funny because the only person who could've heard what Terry said was Ashley Cole, who backed him up, and look how that ended!

Dunno what to make of this one. However Chelsea appear to have made a pigs ear of it on the surface. They shouldn't be making accusations within minutes of a game ending regardless of how bad they may perceive them, especially considering they are just exiting one storm.

They should've waited until things had calmed down the next day, talked to the players who may have heard something, looked at TV evidence, and if there was something merited and which could be substantiated made a complaint then.

If they've waded in with watery evidence and/ or something that isn't that big of a deal, someone should get booted in the balls.

However what sickens me about this as well is the contradiction in the media's approach to Clattenburg as opposed to Terry. Clattenburg's past is as questionable as Terry's with rumors of drug taking, gambling, match fixing etc. However Monday's papers led mentioned his charity work. I don't recall any paper wading in to mention Terry's charity work.

Another fine mess...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

No, but considering that they are the ONLY people that can clarify what happened it is still significant. I can see the FA clearing this one up quickly.

AQMP

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 31, 2012, 02:13:27 AM

It's funny because the only person who could've heard what Terry said was Ashley Cole, who backed him up, and look how that ended!

Dunno what to make of this one. However Chelsea appear to have made a pigs ear of it on the surface. They shouldn't be making accusations within minutes of a game ending regardless of how bad they may perceive them, especially considering they are just exiting one storm.

They should've waited until things had calmed down the next day, talked to the players who may have heard something, looked at TV evidence, and if there was something merited and which could be substantiated made a complaint then.

If they've waded in with watery evidence and/ or something that isn't that big of a deal, someone should get booted in the balls.

However what sickens me about this as well is the contradiction in the media's approach to Clattenburg as opposed to Terry. Clattenburg's past is as questionable as Terry's with rumors of drug taking, gambling, match fixing etc. However Monday's papers led mentioned his charity work. I don't recall any paper wading in to mention Terry's charity work.

Another fine mess...

+1, as usual pretty much spot on Norf.  Chelsea can't really afford to make a balls of this, but I fear it's too late...

Main Street

Yeah sure, a press conspiracy is going to swing public and judicial opinion away from the real truth ::)

I would expect the assistants to tell it as it was. If the assistants back up the ref's account, then I would accept that as being close to the truth, much more than a player from a team who have spread lies and dirt in the past against top refs, had them chased out of the game, when their only crime was that they made some (questionable) decisions in the game which did not please Chelsea.

Captain Obvious

Penalty in the 4th minute of injury time rescues the game for Chelsea and they should win it in extra time now.

Norf Tyrone

Good game. Good game.

Can't believe United's two defenders stayed on the pitch. Wooton booked, and then trips Ramires, then brings Ramires down in the box, then has a tantrum at the ref. Yet no second booking.

orangeman

Do Chelsea and their supporters just not get it ?

Chelsea have launched an investigation after a supporter was photographed making an apparent racist gesture towards a Manchester United player.

The picture, published in more than one national newspaper, seems to show a fan making a 'monkey' gesture towards a United player during last night's Capital One Cup clash between the two clubs at Stamford Bridge.

Police are also aware of the photograph but have not yet received a formal allegation on which to open a criminal investigation.

A statement from the club read: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm we are investigating an incident involving a member of the crowd at last night's game against Manchester United.

"The club will be examining all available footage and asks anyone who can identify the individual to contact the club.

"Chelsea FC is committed to removing all forms of discrimination and if we have sufficient evidence we will take the strongest possible action, including supporting criminal prosecution."

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: orangeman on November 01, 2012, 11:40:30 AM

Chelsea have launched an investigation after a supporter was photographed making an apparent racist gesture towards a Manchester United player.

The picture, published in more than one national newspaper, seems to show a fan making a 'monkey' gesture towards a United player during last night's Capital One Cup clash between the two clubs at Stamford Bridge.

Police are also aware of the photograph but have not yet received a formal allegation on which to open a criminal investigation.

A statement from the club read: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm we are investigating an incident involving a member of the crowd at last night's game against Manchester United.

"The club will be examining all available footage and asks anyone who can identify the individual to contact the club.

"Chelsea FC is committed to removing all forms of discrimination and if we have sufficient evidence we will take the strongest possible action, including supporting criminal prosecution."

Supporters? Not sure why you are using plural.

You'll get arseholes like that in every crowd, and he should be banned for life. A simple idiot.

Hope Man United ban all the supporters last night that mock the dead, but I doubt we'll read too much about that.

ONeill

Come on, admit it Norf. Your house is dripping in racist stuff and Combat18 memorabilia. No point denying it now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 01, 2012, 11:48:33 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 01, 2012, 11:40:30 AM

Supporters? Not sure why you are using plural.

You'll get arseholes like that in every crowd, and he should be banned for life. A simple idiot.

Hope Man United ban all the supporters last night that mock the dead, but I doubt we'll read too much about that.

I'd be more impressed if they banned players for life for using racist language.
#newbridgeornowhere