The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

Congratulations and well done to everybody connected to Chelsea.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Denn Forever

Quote from: supersarsfields on May 20, 2012, 09:16:14 AM
Norf? You ok?

I'd say internet forums are the last thing on his mind right now.  Big greasy fry and a many big bottles of Lucozade original.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AQMP

Quote from: Minder on May 20, 2012, 05:01:43 PM
Strange time for Torres to start whinging.

He's a professional footballer, Minder, spoilt, arrogant and rich.

AQMP

Norf? You ok?

I think Norf Tyrone has changed jobs/circumstances and that means he isn't around as much anymore.

AZOffaly

Delighted for the Chelsea posters on here, congratulations lads, hope ye enjoyed it.

Also glad to see lads like Cech come good, and even Lampard and Drogba winning their medals. 

I think Torres was thick at the end of the game because he wanted to take one, and wasn't allowed :D The Sky commentators were slating him because they assumed he didn't want to take one.

AZOffaly

Oh yeah, delighted for 'Arry as well. Poor auld Jamie must have been confused between cousin Frank and poor auld 'Arry.

AQMP

Well, where do you start with that.  My good feelings have been tempered somewhat by Antrim hurlers' meltdown in the Leinster Championship on Sat afternoon and so I had low expectations by the time 7:45pm arrived.

Let's be brutally honest.  The starting 11 was probably Chelsea's weakest team in the last 15 years.  Two dodgy, crocked centre halves, Bosingwa, Bertrand who has started only 3 PL games and playing out of position, and Kalou (should have been dropped for that hairstyle alone!).  Tactically Chelsea could only play one way.  RDM didn't have the (fit) players to go out and attack Bayern.  Although I think had Terry, Ivanaovic and Ramires been playing Chelsea would have won for, while they were the better team on the night, I don't think Bayern were up to much either.  No more complaints about the Barca semi final three years ago, Chelsea have had all that bad luck repaid over the last three rounds.

On the "positive side", Ashley Cole, who as a Chelsea fan I struggle to contemplate as a fellow member of the human race, was by far and away the best player on the pitch.  He did make one error which led to the goal but in the euphoria of the win Cech got away with frankly a bit of a howler.  Mentions for Ryan Bertrand who didn't put a foot wrong, Bosingwa, whom I don't rate, played well as did Sideshow Bob (and I must admit I was 100% sure he was going to balloon the penalty into row ZZ).  Di Matteo seems to have made Mikel into a player too.  A player whom Mourinho said was going to be his best ever signing has struggled for the last two or three seasons but has got an extended run in the team under RDM.  I'd say Di Matteo will get the manager's job for next year but on the understanding that if Guardiola becomes available he'll have to move aside this time next year.

Drogba...a f**king beast!!  Flawed, yes, but on the balance of things you won't get many Chelsea fans to say a bad word about him.  I know he gave away the penalty but he's probably the best defending forward in England.

Dinny Breen

QuoteDrogba...a f**king beast!!  Flawed, yes, but on the balance of things you won't get many Chlesea fans to say a bad word about him.  I know he gave away the penalty but he's probably the best defending forward in England.

Big fan of the Drog, only grew to respect him after the regular beastings he gave Arsenal, delighted for him. He should move on now, no better way to leave Chelsea.

Big summer for Chelsea. RA has his UCL trophy, will he spend the money that will be needed to overhaul that Chelsea squad???
#newbridgeornowhere

AQMP

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 21, 2012, 10:46:03 AM
QuoteDrogba...a f**king beast!!  Flawed, yes, but on the balance of things you won't get many Chlesea fans to say a bad word about him.  I know he gave away the penalty but he's probably the best defending forward in England.

Big fan of the Drog, only grew to respect him after the regular beastings he gave Arsenal, delighted for him. He should move on now, no better way to leave Chelsea.

Big summer for Chelsea. RA has his UCL trophy, will he spend the money that will be needed to overhaul that Chelsea squad???

Now that's it's been won, I think he'll do a Fergie and rejuvenate the team.

Bingo

Will it be the story that he'll try to build the club itself and take a longer term view - start to put trust in younger players, build from within, let a manager have time to change players, etc.

He has what he wanted, so maybe he'll be more hands off.

Or will he up anchor and sail off into the sunset.

I don't think he'll leave Di Matteo in charge either.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AQMP on May 21, 2012, 09:23:27 AM
Norf? You ok?

I think Norf Tyrone has changed jobs/circumstances and that means he isn't around as much anymore.

Nah nothing's changed. Thought I'd better come back and update the thread title in the interests of continuity.

A wee nosey round shows my why I don't bother with the 'soccer' threads much on here anymore!

Chelsea beat Bayern in Munich to win the CL, and people can't help but vent their spleen at JT because the captain of the Club wore a Chelsea kit! No abuse to Meireles, Chalobah, Kane, Hutch, Ramires, Ivanovic, etc. Just Terry!

Far too much negative energy abounding!

I might be back for the Super Cup, or The World Club Championships to update then!

Good man AQMP!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

thebigfella

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 22, 2012, 01:46:15 AM
Norf? You ok?

Nah nothing's changed. Thought I'd better come back and update the thread title in the interests of continuity.

A wee nosey round shows my why I don't bother with the 'soccer' threads much on here anymore!

Chelsea beat Bayern in Munich to win the CL, and people can't help but vent their spleen at JT because the captain of the Club wore a Chelsea kit! No abuse to Meireles, Chalobah, Kane, Hutch, Ramires, Ivanovic, etc. Just Terry!

I might be back for the Super Cup, or The World Club Championships to update then!

Good man AQMP!

Yep because he is a sc**bag kunt.

Captain Obvious

Norf? You ok?

Good man AQMP!
None of those got sent off v Barcelona and almost cost Chelsea the champions league.

AQMP

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 22, 2012, 03:12:47 AM
Norf? You ok?

Good man AQMP!
None of those got sent off v Barcelona and almost cost Chelsea the champions league.

Straw...clutch...Ivanovic, Meireles and Ramires "got themselves booked" and almost cost Chelsea the Champions League (which I believe they won??)